Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this TV suit the Xbox360/Xbox One ?

Options
  • 27-05-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi smile.png and apologies if this has been asked before.

Am close to buying a new HD TV, and am leaning towards the Sony linked below as it's in my price range, is 100Hz, and supports recording.

Sony KDL32R433BBU

Purely from a gaming point of view, would this set be suitable ? Have read that lag on modern TV's can be a real issue when using consoles, but haven't found any reports relating to this model.

OR, is there a better unit to be got for not much more cash ?

Order of use (1) Xbox 360, (2) DVD's and BluRay, (3) Watching & recording sports and some shows.

Any info/recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
    CaSCaDe711 smile.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Not sure about that model in particular but Sonys have been amongst (if not) the best for low input lag for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I spent a lot of time researching a 32" TV for my XB1 and settled on this KDL32W653A, think it works out at €420 with the cashback and its €399 in argos. It has super low input lag (29ms) and the colours are fantastic, iv'e bought samsung tv's up till now but my next main one will be Sony for sure.

Review:
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/sony-kdl-32w653a

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I thought I read somewhere that a lower "hz" in a TV was better for gaming?

Could be wrong but might be worth looking into.

Nah usually the "insane hz" is bulletpoint buzzword, 120hz gets 60fps at the source, Input lag is thing you wanna look out for, the lower the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Hi, and thank you for the info.

@CombatCow, that tv looks very decent indeed, am tempted :D
    For gaming in HD, are you satisfied ?
    Also how are the recording and app features on it ? Do you use those much ?

Thanks again :)

• Advertisement

Yes very satisfied, first Sony TV and its stunning, they seem to be worth their premium price. The games are smooth and the colors are great, I haven't used the recording but the apps are good, there is an absolutely huge selection and the usual suspects like netflix and youtube etc are nice and fast, the whole TV menu is very sleek actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

CombatCow wrote: »
    I spent a lot of time researching a 32" TV for my XB1 and settled on this KDL32W653A, think it works out at €420 with the cashback and its €399 in argos. It has super low input lag (29ms) and the colours are fantastic, iv'e bought samsung tv's up till now but my next main one will be Sony for sure.

Review:
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/sony-kdl-32w653a

29ms is super HIGH input lag. That's atrocious.

Mmmm no it's not, the only other spec tv's with the lowest input lag at around 20ms is top of the line 2013 Bravia's which is the best from any manufacturer. Think you may be getting confused with something else, maybe response time? Thats only 4ms on this set and considered excellent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

For a gaming monitor its high they can be as low as 9ms. For a 32" 1080p tv it's about as low as you can get.
    http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gamer1234

I've my xbox one on a 50" Sony rear projected TV which is about 7 yrs old,would this explain my double vision, lag etc???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Can I call bull**** on this TV lag issue as another sales pitch to manipulate those with disposable income to fork out on a new TV with their console?

I have had no issues with the Xbox one on my 5 year old TV, but maybe my eyes are not as advanced as others to notice such lag.

You can notice it in some games more than others, Hohokum for example on my 2012 Samsung has terrible ghosting and lag. Destiny on the other hand is fine or at least I don't notice it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

D_BEAR wrote: »
    For a gaming monitor its high they can be as low as 9ms. For a 32" 1080p tv it's about as low as you can get.
    http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Not really, the W7 SONY's are ~14ms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Input lag is the sort of thing where you wouldn't notice it on every single game. Fighting games (such as street fighter) are hugely effected by it though, so you should invest in a good monitor if you are into that genre of game.

Advertisement