Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Health and society, intellectual disability nursing

• 27-05-2014 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I am interested in this course but when i was at the openday it was not known what students of this course would go on to do.
    If anyone doing or just finished this course could tell me what postgrads students have been accepted into could you please reply
    Any other info on this course or intellectual disability nursing greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 High55hgih

I am interested in this course but when i was at the openday it was not known what students of this course would go on to do.
    If anyone doing or just finished this course could tell me what postgrads students have been accepted into could you please reply
    Any other info on this course or intellectual disability nursing greatly appreciated

you should contact their coordinator, I did and he answered all my q's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭6thyearlife

I did but had no reply think they on summer holidays could you tell me what he said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 High55hgih

This is what I said:

'This course interests me and I put it second in my CAO. I have a couple of questions to ask, how many places are being offered in this course and how many took this course last year. Also if I got in this course what will be my career options, or is this course only for people who wishes to further their study as postgraduate in the health-related profession?'

This is what he said:

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for my delayed reply.

Last year, 46 people entered the course and I'm hoping for slightly
    less this year, 35-40.

As for career and post-degree options, we have our first cohort of who
    recently completed their studies and will shortly graduate. Some of
    them have applied for postgraduate study for a health-related
    profession- especially occupational therapy or speech & language
    therapy- and some have applied for postgraduate programmes in global
    health. Others are thinking about other kinds of postgraduate study
    (like social science, ethics, health policy or doing research), trying
    to get a job or internship (anywhere they can find one and doing
    anything they can), or heading abroad (5 are going to Canada) on an
    extended work visa.