Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

I'd say he was scared to face the mass of Zebo fans after the Tahs game :P He really stuck by Maitland during the initial announcement of the squad.

Looking back through some of Swiwi's posts he seemed generally quite balanced. Not in the same ballpark as JustinDee though, he was class! You're right Chabals Beard, he did seem to stick by his man Maitland, but LVR thinks even Swiwi would have to admit Zebo played very well in the first half of the Waratahs game. Maybe Zebo is an outside bet for the weekend's match day 23? We will know soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Looking back through some of Swiwi's posts he seemed generally quite balanced. Not in the same ballpark as JustinDee though, he was class! You're right Chabals Beard, he did seem to stick by his man Maitland, but LVR thinks even Swiwi would have to admit Zebo played very well in the first half of the Waratahs game. Maybe Zebo is an outside bet for the weekend's match day 23? We will know soon!

Alright Justin, relax there. You're laying it on a little thick.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Podge_irl wrote: »
    BTW, the Bucs suck.

The entire sport does. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

I always thought the french for Fox was Chien Rouge!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

awec wrote: »
    The entire sport does. :p

I used to think that, but started getting into it a few years ago. Its very different but incredibly enjoyable. Its fantastic for the armchair fan, cause it gives so much opportunity to analyse what's going on.

Plus, for most of the season, we have games on in the background while we have a few beers of a Sunday evening. Its a great way to spend it.

• Advertisement

trouttrout wrote: »

Mais non! That is Red Dog. What kind of a username would Red Dog be? A fox has cunning & guile. A Red Dog just looks silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

trouttrout wrote: »

not if its a flea biten old one that drinks pastis ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Mais non! That is Red Dog. What kind of a username would Red Dog be? A fox has cunning & guile. A Red Dog just looks silly.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803061/

Highly recommend very funny and he would out smart a fox any day.

duckysauce wrote: »
    not if its a flea biten old one that drinks pastis ;)

I was introduced to pastis by a very kindly Irish gentleman in Bordeaux (who completely forgot who I was the next day). Its bloody tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I used to think that, but started getting into it a few years ago. Its very different but incredibly enjoyable. Its fantastic for the armchair fan, cause it gives so much opportunity to analyse what's going on.

Plus, for most of the season, we have games on in the background while we have a few beers of a Sunday evening. Its a great way to spend it.

I try every year but to no avail. Same story with soccer. I'd like to have another sport to watch, but at the moment, rugby is the only sport I enjoy watching.

• Advertisement

duckysauce wrote: »
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803061/

Highly recommend very funny and he would out smart a fox any day.

Oh! And topical - it's set in Australia.

I was introduced to pastis by a very kindly Irish gentleman in Bordeaux (who completely forgot who I was the next day). Its bloody tasty.

Fantastic drink in warm weather. Not really suited to Ireland, so. Although it has been lovely warm these last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

BTW, the Bucs suck.

Worldbeaters, worldbeaters they are I tell you. Well I Jets, they could be worse...

P_1 wrote: »
    Worldbeaters, worldbeaters they are I tell you. Well I Jets, they could be worse...

I'm sitting pretty for the time being as a 9ers fan. Looking forward to the game in Wembley, though frankly more looking forward to the Viks Steelers game just because it will be the first properly competitive game in London.

I'm sitting pretty for the time being as a 9ers fan. Looking forward to the game in Wembley, though frankly more looking forward to the Viks Steelers game just because it will be the first properly competitive game in London.

I see you are in Geneva, Podge_irl. How do you find it? What sports do they follow. I doubt rugby in Switzerland. Maybe football?

Yeah looking forward to that one myself, have always had a soft spot for the Steelers since their last SB win made me some tidy moolah. Might try to wangle a ticket for it, some sort of gainful employment might help that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

.ak wrote: »
    Folks, some posts deleted, and just to explain why:

Due to the data protection act you cannot speculate on somebody else's alternate account, or previous account. This may seem innocuous, however the implications can be great. For example, if John2006 has somehow put up personal details relating to himself, he then realizes the error of his ways, and re-regs after closing his original account. If somebody speculates to that then it can lead him down the same route again. At which point boards are actually responsible for breach of data protection. Obviously there's a million more examples, but that's just one of them.

I'm aware this isn't in the charter, it's actually part of the boards.ie site T&Cs, but as it's been happening quite a lot I'll look into adding it to the charter.

That is absolutely bonkers. What a strange side effect of the data protection act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Grimebox wrote: »
    That is absolutely bonkers. What a strange side effect of the data protection act

Indeed. However, it has merit, boards.ie have had some pretty messy situations regarding people revealing other people's identities, so we'd rather be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I am Spartacus.

Furthermore, yes it's fine to reveal your previous alter-ego.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

I AM FISHOOKS12 AND 13

no relation to "fishook"

Buer wrote: »
    I am Spartacus.

No, I'm Spartacus...

No, I'm Spartacus...

It's too late, we've already crucified him.

.ak wrote: »
    It's too late, we've already crucified him.

Ah crud

I see you are in Geneva, Podge_irl. How do you find it? What sports do they follow. I doubt rugby in Switzerland. Maybe football?

I only got here two weeks ago so I'm not quite au fait with the situation to be honest. It's not a big sports place in general. Looks like I'll be going to Oyanax for my rugby.

Yeah looking forward to that one myself, have always had a soft spot for the Steelers since their last SB win made me some tidy moolah. Might try to wangle a ticket for it, some sort of gainful employment might help that though

Tickets were only 30 squid for each when I got them (admittedly not amazing seats). I'm just looking forward to a game where the winner isn't essentially predetermined. It's the big downside to most London games.

Tickets were only 30 squid for each when I got them (admittedly not amazing seats). I'm just looking forward to a game where the winner isn't essentially predetermined. It's the big downside to most London games.

Yeah there has been a fair amount of blowouts in the London games over the years.

Have to say I was disappointed Croker didn't get the nod for the Steelers game though

Yeah there has been a fair amount of blowouts in the London games over the years.

Have to say I was disappointed Croker didn't get the nod for the Steelers game though

Likewise. Though given how small the pitch looked for the Navy game in Lansdowne I'd be worried about it looking silly in Croker. Still I think there is a reasonable chance an NFL game will be played in Ireland soonish. Seems Penn State are looking at another college Game here. I'm still mystified by the ignoring of Germany which is their biggest market in Europe.

Likewise. Though given how small the pitch looked for the Navy game in Lansdowne I'd be worried about it looking silly in Croker. Still I think there is a reasonable chance an NFL game will be played in Ireland soonish. Seems Penn State are looking at another college Game here. I'm still mystified by the ignoring of Germany which is their biggest market in Europe.

Yeah ignoring the Germans is a strange one, the only reason for this that comes to mind is that their big stadiums would be used week in week out for football matches whereas Wembley is only really used once every few months

• Advertisement

I'm far too lazy to go about changing my account.

Plus the postcount. The precious, precious postcount.

I have some bad news Podge - thomond2006 is nearing 20000 posts! That guy has posted just about as much as John Hayes played for Munster & Ireland - maybe it's his form of a tribute to the Limerick ligind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Now trouttrout has closed his account:confused: What is going on? :confused::mad:

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Now trouttrout has closed his account:confused: What is going on? :confused::mad:

Don't worry trouttrout1 will arise.

I've seen a good few folk here close the account once they hit a certain number of posts. Strange but there you go. Now the question is whether it'll be trouttrout1 or fishooks14 that makes a reappearance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Maybe he'll continue the fish theme and go for mackarelmackarel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

trouttrout, if you're out there, how about JustinTooDeep? :pac:

• Advertisement

ConFurioso wrote: »
    trouttrout, if you're out there, how about JustinTooDeep? :pac:

Ha! Love that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I have some bad news Podge - thomond2006 is nearing 20000 posts! That guy has posted just about as much as John Hayes played for Munster & Ireland - maybe it's his form of a tribute to the Limerick ligind!

I never thought of it that way, why thank you. :)

Pudsy33 wrote: »

We live in uncertain times Pudsy33, uncertain times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Only yesterday he was talking about going for beers, now this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

He will be back...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just about to hit the road down to Clare for the tour de burren tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

awec wrote: »
    Just about to hit the road down to Clare for the tour de burren tomorrow.
    that's nice and all, but totallegend closed his account.

that's nice and all, but totallegend closed his account.

Curiouser and curiouser.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

What's going on here? Posters are dropping like flies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

It's the "in" thing to close and account and make a new one and wait and see if people discover who you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

What's going on here? Posters are dropping like flies!
    I blame the seagulls

Hagz wrote: »
    It's the "in" thing to close and account and make a new one and wait and see if people discover who you are.

It would appear so.

In an unrelated comment, I liked that really cool band before they were popular. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

This whole 'close your account, open it again' thing is a bit ridiculous imo.

This whole 'close your account, open it again' thing is a bit ridiculous imo.

You weren't saying that when you closed jamiedav2010...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Wtf is going on?!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement