Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Frampton-2014-main.jpg

Frampton ready for his fight tonight. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Ew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'd say that's what, 3 or 4% BF?

Looks like it.

Whatever it is, I reckon if his fist connected with yer face it'd sting a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Can anyone recommend me a decent pub in Manchester? Not a good rugby pub just a place that has a nice selection of beer and isnt a messy student bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

chupacabra wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend me a decent pub in Manchester? Not a good rugby pub just a place that has a nice selection of beer and isnt a messy student bar.

Just head to Canal Street.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Can't go too far wrong with brew dog, just be sure to bring along the spare change :)

http://www.brewdog.com/bars/manchester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone been to Pitt bros BBQ place on Georges street? Their pulled pork is the best thing I've ever eaten.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone been to Pitt bros BBQ place on Georges street? Their pulled pork is the best thing I've ever eaten.

It's nice, but if you like that you should try Bison Bar. The pulled pork there is better. The sides are nicer in Pitt Bros tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    Looks like it.

Whatever it is, I reckon if his fist connected with yer face it'd sting a bit.

To quote the good citizen of belfast who i am happy to be working alonside this week...

"thon wee frampton boy would hit you some slap on the bake"...

mfceiling wrote: »
    To quote the good citizen of belfast who i am happy to be working alonside this week...

"thon wee frampton boy would hit you some slap on the bake"...

Aye you'd get a quare dig in the mouth - would give ye a parful sore snatterbox aswell.

In the words of my oul lad...

I'd say the softest part of that boy are his teeth!!

BBC 2 10pm now...The Trip to Italy with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon.

Anybody going to watch this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

.ak wrote: »
    It's nice, but if you like that you should try Bison Bar. The pulled pork there is better. The sides are nicer in Pitt Bros tho.

Bison bar is unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

THIS PAGE IS IN BELFAST. WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRANSLATE IT? TRANSLATE NOPE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

mfceiling wrote: »
    BBC 2 10pm now...The Trip to Italy with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon.

Anybody going to watch this?

Thanks for the heads up. Can't find this show anywhere online

Grimebox wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. Can't find this show anywhere online

I really enjoyed that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

When you see a boxer like that it can mean dehydration & a struggle to make his fighting weight, could be weak going into the bout. Interesting to see how it pans out

When you see a boxer like that it can mean dehydration & a struggle to make his fighting weight, could be weak going into the bout. Interesting to see how it pans out

He hammered the guy and knocked him out in the second round.

No issues then!

• Advertisement

He hammered the guy and knocked him out in the second round.

No issues then!

Didn't know who he was fighting, but since his career is on an upward curve I'd guess not somebody not too taxing?

Hugo Cazares

Hugo Cazares

Yeah, he's hard but a bit long in the tooth now. Frampton may get a crack at the title now though

Thread on AH about least favourite beers at the minute, awec's nectar of the gods features quite heavily :)

Thread on AH about least favourite beers at the minute, awec's nectar of the gods features quite heavily :)

Drank Budweiser from a can for the first time in about a decade last week. Could use it to kill weeds. Awful altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Buer wrote: »
    Drank Budweiser from a can for the first time in about a decade last week. Could use it to kill weeds. Awful altogether.

Better than Carling.

Most can beers are rotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

John Joe Nevin had his leg broke in Mullingar this morning, lets hope it doesn't set his career back too much, he could be a top class professional boxer.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    John Joe Nevin had his leg broke in Mullingar this morning, lets hope it doesn't set his career back too much, he could be a top class professional boxer.

"Had his leg broke" smacks of external influences being applied shall we say?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

P.Walnuts wrote: »

That's a real shame :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

"Had his leg broke" smacks of external influences being applied shall we say?

Ye a gang of lads burst into his house according to the times/indo/rte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Time for a history lesson :D:D

Whipping Boy ~ When we were young

Whipping Boy ~ We don't need nobody else

The Walls ~ To the bright and shinning Sun

The guitar rift that led Ireland into Italia 90 and forever more, forever more, forever more.....
    The Horslip ~ Dearg Doom

Put'em under pressure :D:D

Christy Moore ~ Joxer goes to Stuttgart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Whipping boy are class, really really dark though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

CatFromHue wrote: »

Put'em under pressure :D:D

When people give out about Rugby getting too much attention and praise in the media, I point that song...

TV3 is sinking fast, looking for voluntary redundancies, others leaving for the new UTV station.....and they are about to announce their deal for the 2015 rugby wc!

• Advertisement

Haven't heard Whipping Boy in a long time. Some great stuff and really under the radar at this stage. Heard Nowhere by Therapy? on the radio the other day. Had not heard that in years.

Odd to see Joe Wall on television in Moone Boy. Saw The Walls/Stunning at Slane about a decade ago and their songs were a huge hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

shuffol wrote: »

There was an article in yesterdays Times about Toulouse and Trevor Brennan. He says his son would like to play for France. I suppose its fair enough, they've lived most of their lives there. Don't know what they are feeding those kids though. He's only 14 years old but 6ft 4 and 19 stone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Another wisdom tooth causing me untold agony for the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Never:D

PS milk and whiskey...

Never mind the milk. Just the whiskey will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Got all 4 taken out a few weeks ago, it's absolutely worth it!!

Wouldn't got down well at work I'd imagine! Anyone been to Amsterdam before? Heading in two weeks for a weekend.

I went with school when I was about 10.

Was all about the cheese, tulips and clogs back then! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Wouldn't got down well at work I'd imagine! Anyone been to Amsterdam before? Heading in two weeks for a weekend.

Do they play rugby there? What's your point?;)

Yes. The tulips are lovely.

If you happen to partake in any recreational activities, make sure you're with someone you can trust and listen to what those selling you say in terms of how much to take and when.

That's the difference between having to be locked in your hotel room and sharp things hidden away from you and being spaced and having a rather pleasant conversation with your shoes for several hours.

In terms of sight seeing, great city, really nice. Anne Frank's house is pretty dull and can be missed. You'll queue for 30 minutes and walk through it in 5.

Buer wrote: »
    Yes. The tulips are lovely.

If you happen to partake in any recreational activities, make sure you're with someone you can trust and listen to what those selling you say in terms of how much to take and when.

That's the difference between having to be locked in your hotel room and sharp things hidden away from you and being spaced and having a rather pleasant conversation with your shoes for several hours.

In terms of sight seeing, great city, really nice. Anne Frank's house is pretty dull and can be missed. You'll queue for 30 minutes and walk through it in 5.

Lets just say I'm well versed after an unfortunate baked goods related incident at Electric Picnic a few years back!

Weather should be decent enough I'd imagine?

Amsterdam is one of the places I would absolutely love to go to.

Mostly for the shoe talking, but I'm sure it's a cool place anyway. Renting bikes and cycling around the place would be cool if the weather is good.

Weather is decent but certainly not guaranteed. We went in June and it was great. It should be mild enough to stroll around in a t-shirt during the day but don't be surprised if it rains or is cool enough. It's not that much further south than Dublin.

Buy yourself a pair of clogs. You can get them engraved and everything! I have a pair in the house. :pac:

Buy yourself a pair of clogs. You can get them engraved and everything! I have a pair in the house. :pac:

I'd say you're savage craic on a lads weekend away, awec.

:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement