Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

.ak wrote: »
    You weren't saying that when you closed jamiedav2010...

touché :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

You weren't saying that when you closed jamiedav2010...

Haha!

Seriously though, just stop posting ffs, no need to go through the rigmarole of closing an account and opening as another name. Doesn't it clean all yellow cards etc too?

Wtf is going on?!

Can't handle the pressure before the match tomorrow the cracks are showing. Sam ain't no captain if Paul was leading the confidence would be there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

duckysauce wrote: »
    touché :D

That's a joke btw, don't get too excited there. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Haha!

Seriously though, just stop posting ffs, no need to go through the rigmarole of closing an account and opening as another name. Doesn't it clean all yellow cards etc too?

I don't think it does, once it's twigged who you used to be I think your Dylan Hartley reputation attaches itself to the new handle.

It's annoying when someone just dissappears though

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It might clean yellow cards but it doesn't mean your reputation won't still be taken in to consideration in my experience.

Basically a new account will not prevent you feeling the pain of the business end of the ban hammer.

Though I can't speak for the rugby forum, I'm just speaking in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I only ever got one card and I have to say I thought it was rather harsh for a comment meant mostly tongue in cheek towards Blackbeard when we signed Thorn.

Regardless, cards are no reason to close my account.

If I thought of a catchy new handle.. Like completelegend for instance, I might do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Some people do it for the new snappy username

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

38994310.jpg

... or indeed Swiwi

• Advertisement

some people like attention

duckysauce wrote: »
    some people like attention

Some people also have housemates that think closing an account on boards is a fun thing to do! But every cloud and all that. I figured with the recent spate of closures on the forum now would be a good time to make my return under the veil of anonymity

38994310.jpg

... or indeed Swiwi

Close but no dice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Some people also have housemates that think closing an account on boards is a fun thing to do! But every cloud and all that

Jaypers that's a new twist on the housemates acting the arse on your logged in account thing

Some people also have housemates that think closing an account on boards is a fun thing to do! But every cloud and all that. I figured with the recent spate of closures on the forum now would be a good time to make my return under the veil of anonymity

my return under the veil of anonymity

was wondering what was missing in my life ----

it's now half complete :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Ah lads, this whole situation is ridiculous......have some consideration for your fellow posters :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

ssaye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

I only ever got one card and I have to say I thought it was rather harsh for a comment meant mostly tongue in cheek towards Blackbeard when we signed Thorn.

Regardless, cards are no reason to close my account.

If I thought of a catchy new handle.. Like completelegend for instance, I might do it.

You could put it out to tender, or better still charity - charge a fiver to suggest a new username for irishbucsfan, and donate all proceeds to some worthy cause...

This whole 'close your account, open it again' thing is a bit ridiculous imo.

Couldn't agree more. There is no way LVR will close his account. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

awec wrote: »
    It might clean yellow cards but it doesn't mean your reputation won't still be taken in to consideration in my experience.

Basically a new account will not prevent you feeling the pain of the business end of the ban hammer.

Though I can't speak for the rugby forum, I'm just speaking in general.

We carry over people's cards from one account to another in the interest of fairness.

38994310.jpg

... or indeed Swiwi

I dunno. I reckon there is absolutely no way Swiwi would have chosen a username invoking an English rugby player. Give the man some credit. Maybe GerM is making a return to the scene?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If you're going to start a new account, John Hayes Ligind would be a good username.

If you're going to start a new account, John Hayes Ligind would be a good username.

Dare you to, thomond!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

I have a feeling Swiwi is still around ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

If you're interested, George Hook is having a delicious spat with Niamh Horan over journalistic standards on twitter .

I think the mix of pomposity mixed with delusion is what I like most.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Niamh Horan writes for the sindo doesn't she? An argument between a sindo journo and George hook over the standards of journalism is pretty hilarious.

Wasn't it Niamh Horan who ran with the piece about the threesome advice on spunout.ie

That was a disgusting bit of moralizing from the SINDO

On a lighter, unrelated note, here's a brilliant 11 seconds from AD:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

One of the best shows of all time and certainly the best comedy, in my opinion. Shame the new episodes simply couldn't live up to the original run.

Buer wrote: »
    One of the best shows of all time and certainly the best comedy, in my opinion. Shame the new episodes simply couldn't live up to the original run.

Ya, they really weren't a patch on them :(

Buer wrote: »

Just started watching it on Netflix, tis good alright. There's some great comedy shows on Netflix like Parks and Rec and It's always sunny in Philly. Best comedy show in my opinion is the US Office.

We've got two England internationals (one not current) joining us for pre season training (I think its just for like the first week because one plays in France so I'd be amazed if they're not demanded back asap). It has but a real nail in the coffin of my summer pizza-eating. Cardio in the gym tomorrow!

As for comedies, AD is probably my favourite, but Its Always Sunny is hysterical as well.

• Advertisement

Always Sunny can be spectacularly funny at times. The episode where the gang try selling gas and the drinking game episode are laugh out loud from start to finish.

Never got Always Sunny, it's weird considering how a lot of my friends with the same taste in humor like it

Anyone here watch Human Giant? This is one of my favorite sketches from it:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Love always sunny and AD, have to say Archer has become a favourite of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Community is the best sitcom of recent times

I'm going to come right here and say it... Watched the first two episodes of AD and thought it was awful. Is it just me? Am I losing my sense of humour? Everyone is ranting about it but I didn't find it funny at all...

What I've seen of Sunny is hilarious. Archer is a good one too, but got a bit repetitive. Curve your Enthusiasm is the bestest of the American comedies tho.

It's not as good as Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Regarding AD, if it was the original season (not the new episodes) then yes, it is you! You've made a huge mistake.

I'm going to come right here and say it... Watched the first two episodes of AD and thought it was awful. Is it just me? Am I losing my sense of humour? Everyone is ranting about it but I didn't find it funny at all...

What I've seen of Sunny is hilarious. Archer is a good one too, but got a bit repetitive. Curve your Enthusiasm is the bestest of the American comedies tho.

hmm If you like Curb I think you'll def like AD, but it does need more than two episodes of a watch to get into. There are so many running gags that I'd recommend watching the entire first series, if you don't like it then that's fair enough but two episodes ain't enough!

A TV show I found gripping was Forbrydelsen (the Killing). It's Danish & excellent. You have to not mind subtitles, though. The Scandinavians seem to be masters of dark brooding crime thrillers.

A TV show I found gripping was Forbrydelsen (the Killing). It's Danish & excellent. You have to not mind subtitles, though. The Scandinavians seem to be masters of dark brooding crime thrillers.

I watched the US remake and bar a solid 3 opening episodes it's awful. Presume the original is much better

• Advertisement

I watched the US remake and bar a solid 3 opening episodes it's awful. Presume the original is much better

I avoid US remakes like the plague. The original I thought was great.

I don't think it's awful and I do find it mildly amusing, but it certainly didn't live up to the hype for me, and I didn't laugh anywhere near as much as I did watching It's always sunny or Parks and Rec. I find the humour to be a little too...... obvious?(I don't know if that's the right word).

Hagz wrote: »
    I don't think it's awful and I do find it mildly amusing, but it certainly didn't live up to the hype for me, and I didn't laugh anywhere near as much as I did watching It's always sunny or Parks and Rec. I find the humour to be a little too...... obvious?(I don't know if that's the right word).

Forced, it's too forced.

Now I've only watched the first two episodes, but I didn't do more than chuckle at it. I'll probably give it another go, but with the amount of decent shows out now adays you have so little time to catch up on them all!

I don't know if I can keep posting in a forum where the mods don't get Arrested Development.

Big fan of that. The Danish one that is.

• Advertisement

Yeah the American one is muck.

Anyone up to date with Mad Men? It's as strong as ever after an iffy 4th season. Great show

Anyone up to date with Mad Men? It's as strong as ever after an iffy 4th season. Great show

I'm on season 3. It's a great TV series, especially because nothing really happens yet you still keep watching it...

I'm on season 3. It's a great TV series, especially because nothing really happens yet you still keep watching it...

Nothing to do with January Jones of course.

Nothing to do with January Jones of course.

Hmmm... Now that you say it....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement