Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    I absolutely love Cote de Boeuf. Nothing more annoying than getting to a restaurant and your partner not wanting one though.

My girlfriend can't really eat red meat. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Is the Butchers Grill a new spot?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

awec wrote: »
    My girlfriend can't really eat red meat. :(

Get a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Is the Butchers Grill a new spot?

Newish I think. Same gang own 777 and Dillingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Anyone been to the Butchers Grill in Ranelagh? I've been salavating at the thought of their Cote de Beof for a while now. It's supposed to be amazing.

the-butchers-grill.jpg

Haven't had the cote de beof, (it's next on my list from there!) but I've eaten there a few times. It's always been really good, the place is tiny though!

What I need to find is a good source for good restaurants like these in London. Because I work outside London none of my colleagues or mates are very good for these things. I'm starving now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Anyone been to the Butchers Grill in Ranelagh? I've been salavating at the thought of their Cote de Beof for a while now. It's supposed to be amazing.

the-butchers-grill.jpg

*looks at egg sandwich in lunchbox...silently weeps*

What I need to find is a good source for good restaurants like these in London. Because I work outside London none of my colleagues or mates are very good for these things. I'm starving now.

You really don't need to look far for good restaurants in London. Next time I'm over there I want to try these:

http://www.burgerandlobster.com/

http://www.eatdirtyburger.com/

http://www.tomskitchen.co.uk/canary-wharf

http://www.tomskitchen.co.uk/somerset-house/

http://www.anglerrestaurant.com/menus/

http://www.cinnamonclub.com/

Dirty Burger is good. That whole companies stuff is generally good, pizza east is good as well.

I must try Lobster and Burger

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

the-butchers-grill.jpg

Had it about 6 months back. Totally amazeballs.

The only downside to the place is that you're VERY tightly squeezed in with everyone else, which makes it a pain in the balls if you get landed next to a family of twats. There's a small table inside the door to the left. Try and get that if you can!

But yeah, worth it :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I absolutely love Cote de Boeuf. Nothing more annoying than getting to a restaurant and your partner not wanting one though.

And having to eat it all yourself? The horror! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

They had a special of 30Oz T-Bone when we were there... skipped it at the last second. Regretting it ever since.

dregin wrote: »
    They had a special of 30Oz T-Bone when we were there... skipped it at the last second. Regretting it ever since.

I initially read this post as 300 ounces. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

dregin wrote: »
    Had it about 6 months back. Totally amazeballs.

The only downside to the place is that you're VERY tightly squeezed in with everyone else, which makes it a pain in the balls if you get landed next to a family of twats. There's a small table inside the door to the left. Try and get that if you can!

But yeah, worth it :)

Could it be eaten by 1 person? I'd give it a hell of a go...i think I've hollow legs.

If you had no sides you could defo eat a cote de boeuf by yourself.

You'll have terrible meat sweats after and you might see the Devil, but it'd be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Jesus Crypes, the price of tolls in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Get a new one.

I snorted!

Bob Hoskins has passed away :(

Ah no way. That's a shame. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Very sorry to hear that. He was in some great movies. Who Framed Roger Rabbit was the first film I ever saw in the cinema (or Willow; they came out around the same time).

Some of his British movies were very good.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear that. He was in some great movies. Who Framed Roger Rabbit was the first film I ever saw in the cinema (or Willow; they came out around the same time).

Some of his British movies were very good.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is fantastic.

And not just for Jessica Rabbit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

the-butchers-grill.jpg

I've been there around 20 times! I've had all sorts there and its all been good.

So I have a weekend of gluttony planned for the bank holiday, as it's my birthday I've decided to try and catch up on as many restaurants as possible.

Saturday brunch at Avoca, the haddock gratin is unreal!

Saturday evening we're meeting up with friends and heading to Frite Hause. This place looks awesome.

Sunday heading to the Disco Brunch in Damson Diner, basically brunch, cocktails and disco tunes all day.

Monday Elephant & Castle with the folks.

Tuesday the missus is bringing me to Chapter One.

Wednesday I'm bringing some friends to Pitt Bros

Thursday I will be eating nothing but water.

Living the dream .ak!

I can vouch for Frite Haus. Its wonderful.

It's the only place on the list we haven't been to. Looks amazing.

The lamb sausage was lovely, also was the Belgian choc waffel and ice cream. Very reasonably priced too.

The black pudding and onion one looks amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Dissertation demo in 6 days.... didn't even know there was a bank holiday :(

So I have a weekend of gluttony planned for the bank holiday, as it's my birthday I've decided to try and catch up on as many restaurants as possible.

Saturday brunch at Avoca, the haddock gratin is unreal!

Saturday evening we're meeting up with friends and heading to Frite Hause. This place looks awesome.

Sunday heading to the Disco Brunch in Damson Diner, basically brunch, cocktails and disco tunes all day.

Monday Elephant & Castle with the folks.

Tuesday the missus is bringing me to Chapter One.

Wednesday I'm bringing some friends to Pitt Bros

Thursday I will be eating nothing but water.

You'll need this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cures+for+gout

Is your girlfriend going to send you balloons for your birthday .ak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

why? He's given us his time table for where and when he is going too places so we can just arrange for ballons to be everywhere he goes. Hell most of the places will even do it for us once we say it's for a party

Hah. It's her 30th in December so I'm going to spend the rest of the year plotting my revenge....

Either you're into the older ladies, .ak, or I assumed your age completely incorrectly to be several years younger than you are.

It must be how life hasn't yet made you bitter and cynical like the rest of us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Either you're into the older ladies, .ak, or I assumed your age completely incorrectly to be several years younger than you are.

who isn't into the older ladies?

Right on both counts!

Older women is the way forward. My girlfriend was 30 in February and I still have 5 years to go. :cool:

The best part is reminding them that they're older. Every day. Forever.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You're on holliers, take the Nationale! :D

The sheer regularity of them is a pain in the arse as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Older women is the way forward. My girlfriend was 30 in February and I still have 5 years to go. :cool:

While I agree on the older women count you can feck off with that 25 sh!te.

Bitter enough Buer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

The 20 year anniversary tomorrow :(

A master in the rain.

The biggest bullshìt in football is players scoring goals against their former clubs, and pretending they're sorry about it. Torres puts one in for Chelsea and raises his hands to half-apologise to Atletico fans.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    The biggest bullshìt in football is players scoring goals against their former clubs, and pretending they're sorry about it. Torres puts one in for Chelsea and raises his hands to half-apologise to Atletico fans.

Torres is a big Atletico fan.

He'll be back there next year IMO.

Dreadful defence from Chelsea there.

Perhaps it is, but unfortunately Torres, was an Athletico fan as a kid, went all the way thru the youth ranks & eventually when he was being sold by the club,he declared he would never sign for Real Madrid as they were the enemy.
    He's an Athletico boy at heart

• Advertisement

Torres is a big Atletico fan.

He'll be back there next year IMO.

Yeah I know. But McCarthy scores for Leinster v Connacht. Does he hold his hands up in half-apology "sorry lads"?

Perhaps it is, but unfortunately Torres, was an Athletico fan as a kid, went all the way thru the youth ranks & eventually when he was being sold by the club,he declared he would never sign for Real Madrid as they were the enemy.
    He's an Athletico boy at heart

Should forfeit himself from the game so :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

It would've been a bit rich to go nuts seeing as it was headed straight at the keeper before the deflection.

Should forfeit himself from the game so :p

As should McCarthy next time Leinster play Connacht ;)

matthew8 wrote: »
    It would've been a bit rich to go nuts seeing as it was headed straight at the keeper before the deflection.

Maybe his punning clan was foiled. He meant to hit it straight at the keeper and keep both sets of fans happy, but an untimely deflection ruined it :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement