Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Rent is the bane of my life at the moment. Trying to find a new apartment in Copenhagen. Its incredibly competitive. One landlord told me they've had more than 200 inquiries (another said they'd had 400...). Its like Jurassic park. You really need to be in the right place at the right time. Finally managed to sort out a few promising viewings, right in the nick of time.
    Rent is steep too...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Legends one and all.

10389658_625890774162653_2780605717629403351_n.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Signing away my life next Tuesday with the purchase of our first apartment. Decent price, all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'm not sure if airports bring out the worst in people or if the worst people are brought our to airports, but I saw a few idiots making life hell for the staff today passing through Heathrow. Drove me mad.

There was a crash on the M4 today which caused major jams and caused a lot of people to miss their flights. So BA put aside a desk to help those people get arranged. One guy rocked up to the desk despite just being a normal passenger and decided they would check him in. He was (politely) directed to the 6 other zones full of desks with very small queues. He got furious and told the woman this is why shed always be a "fat virgin." It was disgraceful. I stepped in front of him and just dealt with my query and he moved on. It's times like that I wish awec or .ak or zzippy or JSB were around to ban people from real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I particularly hate airport customers.

I don't know what it is. I think people have some affinity to the old days of air travel and so they deserve to be pampered. That Airport program with CityJet used to boil my blood. Sure the staff probably weren't the brightest or best with dealing with complaints but the audacity of some people is ridiculous, particularly when they are late. "Oh I'm late. I'll just shout and make a scene and they'll put me on the next flight for free even though it's my fault I am late." Jesus wept...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I've found that 95% of the time people have problems in the airport its entirely their own fault yet they expect staff to sort it out for them. I travel a reasonable amount and simply know the rules and never have any problem.

I was waiting in Geneva airport a while back and some lunatic actually tried barging through the gate staff screaming "I have to get this plane" because they were trying to make him check in his bag. It didn't work. Obviously missing a flight is a big deal and people can be quite stressed about missing holidays/important meetings etc but jaysus, airline staff deal with some ferocious amount of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Finished my ****ing dissertation #gargle

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

London airport staff, particularly in Stansted, are the world's worst, though. Probably largely due to the high volume of ***** they deal with all day but still, I've rarely met such an unpleasant bunch of people.

London airport staff, particularly in Stansted, are the world's worst, though. Probably largely due to the high volume of ***** they deal with all day but still, I've rarely met such an unpleasant bunch of people.

Maybe its my sunny disposition, but I've never really met any unpleasant staff in my travels. But I have very little interaction with them I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I've figured it out. umop apisdn is upside down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Grimebox wrote: »

He always comes up with witty usernames!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Grimebox wrote: »

It took me an embarrassingly long time to work this out

Tox56 wrote: »
    It took me an embarrassingly long time to work this out

It took me embarrassingly longer cause I needed it pointed out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Podge_irl wrote: »
    It took me embarrassingly longer cause I needed it pointed out to me.

No no, it took me that long even after it had been pointed out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Buer wrote: »
    He always comes up with witty usernames!

Is this Ugos new name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is this Ugos new name?

Nope !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ah, I'm so confused.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Lol the Kiwi commentators for Stringer's tackle on Lomu didn't even see Stringer that said Lomu lost his footing and only saw him make the tackle on the replay!

Murphy's tackle attempt:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

awec wrote: »
    I will ban you.

I will ban every Leinster fan.

No one would be safe.

This would be the worst possible thing to happen. Imagine having to pretend you like Chris Ashton?

Can you ban .ak ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Can you ban .ak ?

Must admit I've never tried!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

awec wrote: »
    Must admit I've never tried!

Interesting.

Go on.

I dare you!

No speculation on reregs please.

Can you ban .ak ?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

.ak wrote: »
    No.

Does that mean you have tried to ban another Mod/ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nope !

Your new name will be John Hayes Farmland Experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Does .ak outrank awec? Does awec have to make .ak's coffee in Boards Towers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Can .ak ban .ak? :eek:

Can .ak ban .ak? :eek:

Yes.

No.
    Yes.

Man of many words tonight .ak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I think the big question we need to ask is...what does the . stand for in .ak?

mfceiling wrote: »

I know ! God I'm a creep.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

mfceiling wrote: »

So he doesn't feel pointless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

That Draw a Footballer thread over in Soccer is good craic. I wonder how it would work with Rugby :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is this Ugos new name?

You're dead to me ;)

You're dead to me ;)

That means he loves you in upside down language

I had actually planned on only coming back briefly in this guise . Now it seems I'm stuck with the name !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

I had actually planned on only coming back briefly in this guise . Now it seems I'm stuck with the name !

Nah, nothing stopping you changing, what about "Delon Armitages Itchy Jockstrap"?.........actually forget that, I might use that for my next rereg -)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

In my halycon days of youth "Smells like teen spirit" was all the rage. Not sure Kurt envisaged this, though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Swiwi. wrote: »

In my halycon days of youth "Smells like teen spirit" was all the rage. Not sure Kurt envisaged this, though...

A step up from many other efforts out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Haha few type ones around here anyway !

Swiwi. wrote: »

Class. That song is nearly 23 years old now though. That makes me feel old.... :(

Haha few type ones around here anyway !

My missus is number 4 anyway. If I even try to mention champions league at home I get lambasted.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i remember recording all of "smells like teen spirit" off the dave fanning show, on cassette, and playing it to death.

had the high undercut 'n all :D

• Advertisement

My missus is number 4 anyway. If I even try to mention champions league at home I get lambasted.

2 of my sisters are exactly the same.

Although I'd hardly be renowned for my tolerance of that roundy ball sh**e.
    sydthebeat wrote: »
    i remember recording all of "smells like teen spirit" off the dave fanning show, on cassette, and playing it to death.

had the high undercut 'n all :D

Hahaha, I've never heard a reasonable explanation as to why you had to hold down both the record and play button when looking to record something. Oh if only young people today knew...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

molloyjh wrote: »

Hahaha, I've never heard a reasonable explanation as to why you had to hold down both the record and play button when looking to record something. Oh if only young people today knew...

Im pretty sure it's because the hardware was very naive, and you needed the play button to move the tape along so that whatever was being recorded didnt get put onto the tape all in the same width of the recording head. that would be a 4 minute song is 1 second! :)

Mine is always giving out to me for watching it on TV.

"More fcuking soccer on TV?! What did I do to deserve this?!"

Im pretty sure it's because the hardware was very naive, and you needed the play button to move the tape along so that whatever was being recorded didnt get put onto the tape all in the same width of the recording head. that would be a 4 minute song is 1 second! :)

By naive I assume you mean analog. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

By naive I assume you mean analog. ;)

Not really, the record button could have been setup to play aswell :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement