Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 392 ✭✭JagerScout

deflect deflect deflect

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Yeah i wouldn't believe that at all tbh. The word of one random guy making himself out to be the hero.
    The photo doesn't like like it's two people fighting and the bald guy certainly doesn't look like he's giving zebo the lesson he's claiming.

What's the shenanegans they are referring to when zebo was back in Ireland? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

You can be from another country and join the U.S. army, folks. A five second check on Google can confirm the guys background.

Both of them come across as idiots from the exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

JagerScout wrote: »
    deflect deflect deflect

:rolleyes:

deflect what? Care to add an opinion?

Presume you're saying we're trying to deflect away from Zebo. Which is horse****, we're discussing the merits of believing a guy who posted a boasting fb (which he's reveling in) photo which proves nothing

But ya, deflect, deflect, deflect. Stellar contribution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

:rolleyes:

deflect what? Care to add an opinion?

Presume you're saying we're trying to deflect away from Zebo. Which is horse****, we're discussing the merits of believing a guy who posted a boasting fb (which he's reveling in) photo which proves nothing

But ya, deflect, deflect, deflect. Stellar contribution

Well what are you basing your defense of zebo on?

• Advertisement

zebo is not some upstanding citizen, plenty of questionable off the field activities over the past few years

Well what are you basing your defense of zebo on?

I'm not defending Zebo, nor condemning him.

I don't think there's smoke without fire in most cases, but the guy who posted the photo is clearly loving the attention of it and even boasts about hitting Zebo. Hence why I don't think his version is chapter and verse

That said, if true it's very juvenile of Zebo

zebo is not some upstanding citizen, plenty of questionable off the field activities over the past few years

Like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Anyone know where I buy that hat Zebo is wearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    No he isn't?

Why where my posts deleted when I tried to discuss this earlier in the week?

Because people were tying it into another banned subject.

First and last warning on this subject, no wild speculating as there may be a possible assault charge involved. If this subject takes a turn for the worse we will be banning it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Changing tack, can anyone recommend a good gastropub in town, with a decent selection of international beers?

Changing tack, can anyone recommend a good gastropub in town, with a decent selection of international beers?

Not a Gastro Pub, but Boojum is beyond delicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Indiependence on this weekend too... how to get to Mitchelstown is now the question of the hour.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Indiependence on this weekend too... how to get to Mitchelstown is now the question of the hour.

Heading to castlepalooza myself!

going down to cork for saturday and sunday. pretty excited about it, indiependence on saturday and castlepalooza on sunday.

Bull and Castle. Has loads of craft beers both bottled and on tap. It's part of the FXB butcher/restaurant chain so is well regarded for their food. Haven't actually eaten in it but if it's like the other FXB establishments, it won't let you down.

Bull and castle is it?

Bull and castle is it?

Well my phone sucks.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sitting outside on the balcony with a book, a cigar and a glass of Jameson.

I just ooze of manliness right now. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

awec wrote: »

That depends, what's the book?

• Advertisement

That depends, what's the book?

Cuckoos Calling

I much prefer Scotch - the smokey Islay varieties. My father-in-law is mad for Jameson Gold, though, he always grabs a bottle on his way thru duty-free.

NB: Shouldn't you be drinking Bushmills, awec?

I much prefer Scotch - the smokey Islay varieties. My father-in-law is mad for Jameson Gold, though, he always grabs a bottle on his way thru duty-free.

NB: Shouldn't you be drinking Bushmills, awec?

I'm a Jameson man. My favourite by far with an ice cube or two.

I'm too young to appreciate whiskey, or so I'm told.

Never too young, I'm only 24.

Just don't be mixing it with anything.

I'm a Jameson man. My favourite by far with an ice cube or two.

Harp and Jameson :pac:

Must say, I know we only have trouttrout's alter ego floating around these days, but I do like this thread. Have downloaded the first episode of a French series called "The Returned". Hopefully it will be good. Finished all 3 series of Forbrydelsen, it really was tops.

It's not a cheap pastime, either :(

French supermarkets are definitely the best bet, especially the superstore ones, if you're ever in France it's basically 2 bottles for the price of 1 in Ireland, so stock up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Ugh whiskey. For whatever reason, thats the first thing I drank when I started drinking. Whiskey till I puked multiple times. Now I can't even smell the stuff without getting a wreching shiver

Not a massive whiskey fan. Find it cuts my stomach up after a couple for whatever reason; some of the lower percentage ones can be quite alright. I do enjoy a nice brandy on ice at the end of the night though. Down west they've an awful habit of drinking brandy and port as a mixer. Noxious stuff.

• Advertisement

Grimebox wrote: »
    Ugh whiskey. For whatever reason, thats the first thing I drank when I started drinking. Whiskey till I puked multiple times. Now I can't even smell the stuff without getting a wreching shiver

That would be Sambuca for me.

Buer wrote: »
    Not a massive whiskey fan. Find it cuts my stomach up after a couple for whatever reason; some of the lower percentage ones can be quite alright. I do enjoy a nice brandy on ice at the end of the night though. Down west they've an awful habit of drinking brandy and port as a mixer. Noxious stuff.

Port + brandy :confused:

I agree, those 2 should not be mixed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Heading to castlepalooza myself!

A very similar lineup, Castlepalooza is cheaper but Indiependence is nearer. Expect both will be good.

Ah gents, now we're talking rugby!

Bourbons

A caramel top quality number, ice and water the only mixers permitted.
    250px-Makers_Mark.jpg

A slightly tougher drink, again only ice and water allowed to dull its tones.
    Woodford-Reserve-Bourbon.jpg

Whiskys

Peaty. Like drinking from a bog. Akin to swallowing a burning log. An acquired taste but hard to beat.
    bottle_home.jpg

A more palatable all rounder. To be enjoyed as you please. Room temperature my particular format of choice.
    gmgob.10yov23.jpg

Whiskeys

A budget offering that is hard to beat as a run of the mill beverage. Ticks all the boxes I look for in a Whiskey. To be drank as you please. Can be mixed by heathens.
    nfbottle3.jpg

The Boss. Nothing it can't be paired with, food or beverage included. Delicious hot with lemon and cloves. Doesn't put a foot wrong.
    New_Jameson_Bottle.jpg

Jameson really is a fine substance.

Good manly discussion this.

Jameson is the only one for me.

• Advertisement

Zayden Small Tambourine, if you like Laphroaig, try Ardbeg, also very nice. I mean to try either the Laphroaig cask strength or quarter cask one of these days.

I really want a whiskey :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Jameson is the only one for me.

The 10 year old Jameson isn't that much more expensive and is therapeutic to drink.

Port + brandy :confused:

I agree, those 2 should not be mixed!

It's vile. You can taste neither. It's oddly popular in Mayo, though.

Buer wrote: »
    It's vile. You can taste neither. It's oddly popular in Mayo, though.

Have you ever tasted that Poitìn?

When I lived in Galway, I know some of the rural folk touched the stuff. The description hasn't enticed me so far...(and I think it's illegal?)

• Advertisement

Jameson really is a great all round whiskey for the price. Redbreast is actually very good too, and is made by the same people.

This is a tasty little number, but is near impossible to get in Ireland.

tumblr_lly55rVGeQ1qhiyxso1_400.jpg

I used to just drink whiskey. Silly amounts. Now I've unfortunately grown slightly older and somehow got some sense. Now I enjoy little tipples now and again. More of a rum man now. Sailor jerry, goslings, and Havana are my current favourites. But what I really enjoy now is a good craft beer. I brewed my own a while ago and it's really opened my eyes to good beer and how to enjoy it rather than spill cheap crap down my gullet to get fat.

Have you ever tasted that Poitìn?

When I lived in Galway, I know some of the rural folk touched the stuff. The description hasn't enticed me so far...(and I think it's illegal?)

Passed my lips once. Nope. Just burning. Nothing to be gained by drinking it aside from potential blindness!

It can be procured legally now but not to the strength it is traditionally made to. There are still illegal poitin stills found around the country and once in a while, you read of police discovering one and busting it.

I remember drinking poitin once. I say remember, because I've actually drank it a number of times, but only remember it once.

It can go terribly wrong. If you drink water the day after you get drunk again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Wouldn't really be a man for the whiskeys but I do have quite the taste for any of the Islay whiskys. I'm more of a beer man, mad for a good IPA. I was in California there a few weeks back and was delighted, the micro-brewery trade is huge in the States now and they have loads of locally made craft beer. Delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

It could be considered slightly sacrilegious but I've recently discovered the joy of Jack Daniels mixed with cold orange juice, perfect tipple for the warm weather

P_1 wrote: »
    It could be considered slightly sacrilegious but I've recently discovered the joy of Jack Daniels mixed with cold orange juice, perfect tipple for the warm weather

hE0647FC6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

hE0647FC6

Now now, that's a bit rich coming from the man who drinks Harp :P

this is acceptable only if you are;

A) 16
    B) A girl
    C) All of the Above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Now now, that's a bit rich coming from the man who drinks Harp :P

Lets be fair, neither of you are going to win this argument :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement