Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Probably focusing on college or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Don't think he's gone too far lads, just pulled a fishooks on it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Don't think he's gone too far lads, just pulled a fishooks on it

Not comparable. OL seemed like a sound bloke.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

So today's random question is.... Has anyone ever bought a kitchen from Ikea? Or more importantly, any of the appliances (oven, hob etc)?

.ak wrote: »
    So today's random question is.... Has anyone ever bought a kitchen from Ikea? Or more importantly, any of the appliances (oven, hob etc)?

Have used some of their kitchen fit out stuff through work. It's decent enough. It's not top quality and that shows after a couple of years but no issues in terms of functionality or design.

IKEA, just as anywhere, can vary hugely with their prices. You should get more variety and cheaper prices for appliances if you go to Power City, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »
    IKEA, just as anywhere, can vary hugely with their prices. You should get more variety and cheaper prices for appliances if you go to Power City, to be honest.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. I wouldn't go anywhere near IKEA for appliances tbh. You can always haggle a bit with Power City and from what I've seen they're probably a little cheaper anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Yes. Friends have. Ikea have a pretty sweet online tool.
    http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/rooms_ideas/kitchen_howto/EU/plan_your_kitchen_in_3d.html

Thinking of getting one ourselves should we get planning.
    Cant speak to quality, but was keenly priced as you'd expect from Ikea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

We outfitted our scout hall with pretty much all the stainless steel stuff Ikea have like this. Perfect for the kids as it's fairly sturdy, hard to wreck and easy to wipedown. For appliances we went to jumble town or electric city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Buer wrote: »
    Have used some of their kitchen fit out stuff through work. It's decent enough. It's not top quality and that shows after a couple of years but no issues in terms of functionality or design.

Yep. its all standard size units, you can get miele or beko everything if you want.

• Advertisement

Anyone's eyelid ever start twitching uncontrollably ? Been happening to me on and off for the last few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Anyone's eyelid ever start twitching uncontrollably ? Been happening to me on and off for the last few days

You're overtired or overstressed. Happens to me a good bit if I'm either one.

Teferi wrote: »
    You're overtired or overstressed. Happens to me a good bit if I'm either one.

Just started a new job so that would explain that. Although it's far from a stressful job! Hence me posting on boards at 4pm on a Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Ok I've removed a few posts due to the borderline medical nature of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I just walked into a wall in front of the whole office as I was storming out. It was very funny and everyone had a good laugh.

Now I'm sitting at my desk in pain, too embarrassed to actually go find out if I've done some real damage to my shoulder.

Ok I've removed a few posts due to the borderline medical nature of it.

****e missed the good advice :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I never knew Ikea sold appliances. I always thought they just sold shelving, furniture and the like. I'd hope the appliances don't come in flat pack though, if you thought putting together a shelving unit was interesting...

andrewdcs wrote: »
    Yep. its all standard size units, you can get miele or beko everything if you want.

Ah was wondering that. So if I get a load of worktops and stuff from ikea it'll fit over cookers wherever I buy them?

P_1 wrote: »
    I never knew Ikea sold appliances. I always thought they just sold shelving, furniture and the like. I'd hope the appliances don't come in flat pack though, if you thought putting together a shelving unit was interesting...

It's all made by whirlpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

I just walked into a wall in front of the whole office as I was storming out. It was very funny and everyone had a good laugh.

Now I'm sitting at my desk in pain, too embarrassed to actually go find out if I've done some real damage to my shoulder.

I'm chuckling too. It's perry pathetic to walk into a wall. On the plus side, trust me, I'm a doctor, you won't have done anything serious. Nothing a few drinks won't fix anyway.

Ah was wondering that. So if I get a load of worktops and stuff from ikea it'll fit over cookers wherever I buy them?

There are fairly standard sizes. I've had one or two minor issues but work with chippies who have been able to tweak things as necessary.

IKEA have designers/planners who are able to advise in relation to utilising space and incorporating appliances. Check out their site or give them a bell to see what the story is. I doubt there's any issue in accommodating fairly standard appliances.

• Advertisement

I've never had any issue with Ikea stuff. Argos self-assemble stuff can be a nightmare though.

More or less finished for the day. Going to stop on the way home for a bigger dirty cheat meal, put the feet up, fire on the telly, have a bet and waatch LUKKEEE rip it up

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/rooms_ideas/kitchen_howto/EU/plan_your_kitchen_in_3d.html

This is the coolest thing ever btw.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    I've never had any issue with Ikea stuff. Argos self-assemble stuff can be a nightmare though.

Oh don't speak to me about Argos self assemble stuff....

You get what you pay for. I think Ikea is excellent value for money, but it depends what you want. If you go in with open eyes, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Oh don't speak to me about Argos self assemble stuff....

It's hit & miss if the instructions are even in English...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

In pics....

Argos:

RAGE.gif

Ikea:

19164309.cms

Ah once they're in a language that uses the Latin alphabet it's semi-legible. Its when you hit instructions written in Cyrillic or other exotic alphabets where you start to run into problems :pac:

Ah once they're in a language that uses the Latin alphabet it's semi-legible. Its when you hit instructions written in Cyrillic or other exotic alphabets where you start to run into problems :pac:

Chinese characters usually feature fairly prominently...

Chinese characters usually feature fairly prominently...

Ah but they're a great bunch of lads though...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Arrived back in Belfast for the NI game and sitting with a pint of harp ice cold. Heaven. :D

Wow wow wow wow.

there is a NEW HARP out.

Harp Premium!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

awec wrote: »
    Wow wow wow wow.

there is a NEW HARP out.

Harp Premium!

20% more píss added ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

20% more píss added ;)

But it's premium piss :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Arrived back in Belfast for the NI game and sitting with a pint of harp ice cold. Heaven. :D

Couldn't believe that my local off licence have decided to stock harp....about to open a can here and bring back the memories of a mispent youth!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Terrible waste of an opportunity by Long in the Ireland match there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Hmmmm....Ireland not in the world cup will make it more difficult for me to skive off work during it.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Hmmmm....Ireland not in the world cup will make it more difficult for me to skive off work during it.

Switzerland are topping their group so far :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Switzerland are topping their group so far :eek:

There's only 3 Swiss people in the office......

But **** it, that's good enough for me! Go Switzerland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Poor.... can't believe we seemed to run out of ideas so quickly :(

Now that the rugby and the football is over for the weekend - come on the banner! :pac:

Now that the rugby and the football is over for the weekend - come on the banner! :pac:

*see's that awec has caused two teams to lose this weekend by drinking H**p while supporting them.
    *note's who he is supporting next
    *lumps on Cork to win in the hope that he'll be drinking H**p tomorrow.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Anyone but Davy Fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

More rugby this evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Controversial statement to follow

I don't like Hurling at all. Just can't get into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Go to a big match in Croke Park. That will get you into it!

I find the hurling far better than the football.

Go to a big match in Croke Park. That will get you into it!

Provided it's close. One thing I like about rugby is that the game can still be enjoyable even if the scoreline is not close. Watching one side winning 5-20 vs 1-8 or similar rapidly loses interest for me.

I find the hurling far better than the football.

It was until a few weeks ago. Then it was undecided. Then at 4.55pm last week football became better.

*climbs aboard bandwagon*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

P.Walnuts wrote: »

I really like the idea of hurling. The reality isn't quite as exciting to me.

Living abroad people often say "hurling looks great" etc. And I just say "yeah it's brilliant" but I actually watch maybe a couple of matches of it a year when I happen to be in Ireland on a weekend with nothing to do and no rugby to watch.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement