Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Phoeey wrote: »
    Why are you drinking sambuca out of shot glasses?

Because they wouldn't give us a pint of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

How can you still be typing so accurately?!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

And replying sensibly to sensible threads too! :confused:

Colour me confused. :pac:

Home now about 30 mins. Plus on the third day of drinking I was basically bullet proof.

Buer wrote: »
    Home now about 30 mins. Plus on the third day of drinking I was basically bullet proof.

Good stag? Was there any lappers involved?

awec wrote: »
    Good stag? Was there any lappers involved?

Great stag. What goes on, stays on, pal. Lambay rules.

I'll share this one. Attached. So at the match I was dying for a slash. Went to the portoloo and the boys slammed the whole shagging thing around into the wall so the door couldn't open. I was directly under about 300 Ulster lads. All they saw was a Munster clad arm reaching out and trying to creep out of the sh*tter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

This all begs the question,

WHY THE **** WERE YOU POSTING HERE ON THE THIRD NIGHT OF YOUR STAG??????????

edit: where the hell are all the drunken typos. I've never had a drunk post make sense

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I'll share this one. Attached. So at the match I was dying for a slash. Went to the portoloo and the boys slammed the whole shagging thing around into the wall so the door couldn't open. I was directly under about 300 Ulster lads. All they saw was a Munster clad arm reaching out and trying to creep out of the sh*tter.

Ya sure that isn't just the Harp dispenser the Ulster lads brought with em to the match??

This all begs the question,

WHY THE **** WERE YOU POSTING HERE ON THE THIRD NIGHT OF YOUR STAG??????????

edit: where the hell are all the drunken typos. I've never had a drunk post make sense

Technically the stag was over. A handful of us went back to the pub when we got to Dublin but finished up at about 10pm.

I'm in a dark place today.

As for the typos, after two days on the beer, I'm basically immune to alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Technically the stag was over. A handful of us went back to the pub when we got to Dublin but finished up at about 10pm.

I'm in a dark place today.

As for the typos, after two days on the beer, I'm basically immune to alcohol.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

molloyjh wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

longer episode of breaking bad means I can't watch it at lunch time. watch part of it or keep it for later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

longer episode of breaking bad means I can't watch it at lunch time. watch part of it or keep it for later?

I'd say it's practically impossible to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

I have only ever watched the very first episode of BB :)

TBH after 3 seasons I stopped watching it. Found it very repetitive. Will give it another go but defo not buying into all the hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

.ak wrote: »
    TBH after 3 seasons I stopped watching it. Found it very repetitive. Will give it another go but defo not buying into all the hype.

I'm a fan, but it's certainly overhyped imo. Certainly is a isn't as smart as it thinks it is especially this season and even during the third season it still lacked the stark realism of The Wire

On a side note I'm rewatching Oz the last few months. Such a great show. Pretty cartoonish in parts but it's easily one of the most entertaining shows ever made

I'm a fan, but it's certainly overhyped imo. Certainly is a isn't as smart as it thinks it is especially this season and even during the third season it still lacked the stark realism of The Wire

On a side note I'm rewatching Oz the last few months. Such a great show. Pretty cartoonish in parts but it's easily one of the most entertaining shows ever made

Oz & The Wire are two of my favourite shows... I would probably say the latter is my favourite, but GoT and BoB are up there too, and seeing as we have plenty more seasons of GoT I couldn't compare the two.

I gave up on BB mid way through season 3. It just got a bit dull for me.

It's also very slow to start.

I may start re-watching it, but I don't know if I'll stick it out.

I also gave up on The Wire about 6 episodes in. I hear it's very slow to start but gets a lot better.

• Advertisement

Yeah, The Wire is one of those TV series you'll thank yourself for putting the effort into it. It can be very hard to get into, a lot of my friends watched it and hyped it up, and after I watched a few episodes I was going to give up, the dialogue is so raw and and the level of detail is very unforgiving, but if you go with it it's very rewarding.

I voted test...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭student1990

BB is incredible.

I voted test...........

what are you talking about :pac:

In Soviet Russia candy crush you!

And for those wondering, we can't delete a poll from a thread and we can't even reset the poll to allow everyone vote again. So the only thing we can do is create a new thread with a new poll and merge it with this thread and use the poll from the new thread that allows everyone to vote again. So this is why I create the test threads.

So ye pain in the hoop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

And for those wondering, we can't delete a poll from a thread and we can't even reset the poll to allow everyone vote again. So the only thing we can do is create a new thread with a new poll and merge it with this thread and use the poll from the new thread that allows everyone to vote again. So this is why I create the test threads.

So ye pain in the hoop

Well you'll be happy to know that I never even notice when the poll changes.

I don't play candy crush. Feel excluded now

HARASSMENT!

I don't play candy crush. Feel excluded now

HARASSMENT!

I'm not a woman, so I don't play either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Gave up on the Wire midway through season 2. Firmly believe Breaking Bad is the second greatest drama show, behind The Sopranos.

• Advertisement

never played candy crush.. procrastinate enough with my college work

any plans for arthurs day lads?

BB
    Sopranos
    The Wire

Cant pick between them. But they are a clear top 3.

Followed by the West Wing, Friday Night Lights and Mad Men.

Probably forgetting some too I quite liked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

BB
    Sopranos
    The Wire

The Holy Trinity.

I don't fully trust anyone who had watched any of them, and not liked them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Hagz wrote: »
    Gave up on the Wire midway through season 2. Firmly believe Breaking Bad is the second greatest drama show, behind The Sopranos.

Are you me? I also gave up on The Wire at the exact same point. I have just started the last season of The Sopranos. Its brilliant, although I'm probably a bigger fan of Breaking Bad

Aw man, the last season of the Sopranos, I don't want to spoil any of it for you, but prepare yourself for some serious tv.

To those saying Linux wasn't for gaming a few pages back :)http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/

Aw man, the last season of the Sopranos, I don't want to spoil any of it for you, but prepare yourself for some serious tv.

was a bit stretched out but yeah it's p good.

Hated Friday night lights, just despised everything about it. Horrible show full of horrible characters

The Walking Dead is another good one. Though it's been a long time since I've found a new episode.

Never seen the walking dead or the wire either. I'm a social leper ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

the wire
    the shield
    Justified
    Terriers

Those would be my favourites

watched the first season of breaking bad but just couldn't get into it.
    watched the first season of walking dead and got bored.
    got to season four of sopranos and dexter and got bored.

tbh, i try to give a show at least a season but i bore easily. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

The Walking Dead is another good one. Though it's been a long time since I've found a new episode.

The Walking Dead is starting back soon enough. I've watched every episode of and will continue to watch but its so average. It frequently doesn't make sense. It has such potential but consistently squanders it.

Shield is another one I tried. Couldn't warm to the characters and found it pretty dated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

RuggieBear, have you just admitted to being a goldfish? :P

Have to say that the Americans have come out with some real gems of TV shows over the last decade or so.

Freaks and Geeks was great!

P_1 wrote: »

Have to say that the Americans have come out with some real gems of TV shows over the last decade or so.

This is England is easily my favorite non US series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

This is England is easily my favorite non US series

Yeah have to say that was fantastic too. Honourable mention must go out to our own Love/Hate, probably the best Irish show since Bachelors Walk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ha. perhaps. :)

tbh i pretty much hate every new show i watch till about 5 episodes in...then it either clicks or i'm bored.

i watch some amount of crap too just to unwind...things like castle, how i met you mother, always sunny in philidelphia

Yeah have to say that was fantastic too. Honourable mention must go out to our own Love/Hate, probably the best Irish show since Bachelors Walk

Soupy Norman was a bit amazing, in fairness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D starting this Friday, anyone going to take a gander? I'm hoping with the power of Marvel behind him a Joss Whedon show might actually stay in production for longer than a season this time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement