Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Jesus Christ. You lads had your faces on a Trocaire box growing up, didn't you?!

Delighted with the Mayo win. Family and other half are from there so can enjoy a contented homestead for the evening.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fireball07 wrote: »
    You sound like me :p

Think I weigh 60kg....I'm about 6'3/6'4....tis awful sad.

We are more aerodynamic. :p

TBH no matter what I eat I never put on weight. :( Some people think that it'd be awesome to be able to eat and eat and not put on weight but to be honest it sucks.

Like being able to put on 6kg to recondition yourself for sport - no way I could do that. At the same time I couldn't lose any weight either, my weight just remains pretty much constant. Ideally I'd like to put on a stone but it's insanely difficult.

And have to run around in the shower to get wet. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

awec wrote: »
    Your humour detector has run out of batteries.

Hahaha :pac:

I have played with a very skinny TH in the past actually, but I'm sure he was heavier than you! He had farmer muscle though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Do get the Trocaire box one a lot :P

There are advantages.....you always hear people complaining about too much weight...those people can never enjoy their meals, and I can eat what I like, when I like. Which is great, because I love food. :D I'd hate to have to stint myself...... Of course my heart might give up by the time I'm 35, but I can deal with that when it comes

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Do get the Trocaire box one a lot :P

There are advantages.....you always hear people complaining about too much weight...those people can never enjoy their meals, and I can eat what I like, when I like. Which is great, because I love food. :D I'd hate to have to stint myself...... Of course my heart might give up by the time I'm 35, but I can deal with that when it comes

The worrying thing is though skinny people sometimes think they can eat what they want and because they're not piling on the pounds they think that's grand.

That said, it's definitely good being able to eat more freely than those who do genuinely have to watch every calorie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Hahaha :pac:

I have played with a very skinny TH in the past actually, but I'm sure he was heavier than you! He had farmer muscle though.

Trying to think of the last TH who had farmer muscle.

Thomond, help me out here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

mfceiling wrote: »
    Trying to think of the last TH who had farmer muscle.

Thomond, help me out here!!

Well...I...ah..hmm

Sorry I can't think of who you're talking about. :(

I can only assume we're talking about Jamie Hagan!

Buer wrote: »
    I can only assume we're talking about Jamie Hagan!

Must be, yer man Hayes (I forget his first name) was just fat tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

5'11" 103kg pure muscle of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Have to say lads, ye're making me feel not so bad about my scrawniness :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Last ever college exam tomorrow. Looking like an all nighter though! damn boards distracting me!

trouttrout wrote: »
    Last ever college exam tomorrow. Looking like an all nighter though! damn boards distracting me!

Good luck sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

What would ye say yet best ability in Rugby? For a center/outhalf I love counter rucking, being small enough fellas find it hard to clear me out.. and I love the pats on the back after forcimg a penalty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

MSc in Boards Modship?

MSc in Boards Modship?

Boards modship requires a phd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What would ye say yet best ability in Rugby? For a center/outhalf I love counter rucking, being small enough fellas find it hard to clear me out.. and I love the pats on the back after forcimg a penalty :)

I played at flanker underage, but find myself playing a utility back role these days. Honestly though I think my best attribute, and my favourite thing to do, is stealing ball after a tackle. I'd say I'm safe under the high ball too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

An outside centre with hands a surgeon would kill for.. shame about the shocking defence, severe lack of pace and appalling kicking game ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Ya, I've a pretty bad pass. I'm good at offloading though and I've a decent fend and a good boot, wing is probably my best position but I prefer playing 12

Hoping to play in Div 2b next year now that college is out of the way and I can concentrate on the rugby fulltime rather than coming home the odd weekend and playing with the seconds/thirds

• Advertisement

I adore defending, no better feeling than holding out a team from scoring for ages.. I am no big hitter but I don't tend to miss tackles! I am fairly poor with ball in hand though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

An uncanny knack for knocking the ball out of people's hands in the tackle. Gives me an excuse to avoid having to actually go to ground or throw any weight into the tackle. Very prone to the handoff though.

I also do a mean garryowen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Same here, best of luck with yours. Still have a thesis to hand in on friday so it'll be guaranteed scorching weather all this week :o

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

We are more aerodynamic. :p

TBH no matter what I eat I never put on weight. :( Some people think that it'd be awesome to be able to eat and eat and not put on weight but to be honest it sucks.

Like being able to put on 6kg to recondition yourself for sport - no way I could do that. At the same time I couldn't lose any weight either, my weight just remains pretty much constant. Ideally I'd like to put on a stone but it's insanely difficult.

I know what you mean. I'd be a good bit shorter but heavier than you but i can't seem to put on any more. Four square meals a day and the gym all summer will get me to gain about 3-4kg which will all go as soon as i get back to college :(.

Maybe we'd be better suited to marathon running :P

RoundBox11 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I'd be a good bit shorter but heavier than you but i can't seem to put on any more. Four square meals a day and the gym all summer will get me to gain about 3-4kg which will all go as soon as i get back to college :(.

Maybe we'd be better suited to marathon running :P

It's even worse if you cycle. I have a 20km round trip commute every day and try to get out for a few hours at the weekend (helps the dodgy knees) and I can't keep the weight on at all. Did the Wicklow 200 put away 9,000 calories just on the bike and was still starving when I finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Boards modship requires a phd.

.. and an underlying masochistic urge.

.ak wrote: »
    .. and an underlying masochistic urge.

With great power comes great responsability :)

I don't know how it happened but I've gotten into a hemisphere debate on youtube. I just want to say I'm sorry. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

NZ fans are some of the worst to argue with in my experience. They are so utterly dismissive and insulting at times. Even one I met in person described Ireland as pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

I don't know how it happened but I've gotten into a hemisphere debate on youtube. I just want to say I'm sorry. :(

I remember a good while back i commented on a youtube video about how weak england were at the time. One poster who vigorously disagreed with me insisted on replying routinely to that one comment every time england played :P. It was hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

RoundBox11 wrote: »
    I remember a good while back i commented on a youtube video about how weak england were at the time. One poster who vigorously disagreed with me insisted on replying routinely to that one comment every time england played :P. It was hilarious!

Sorry about that, I just had to teach you a lesson! :P

Grimebox wrote: »
    NZ fans are some of the worst to argue with in my experience. They are so utterly dismissive and insulting at times. Even one I met in person described Ireland as pathetic

I think the guy must be about 13 as well ugh, started saying how Leinster's league position was bad and how there's no offloads up here good lord. Thankfully not all are like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

It's amazing how nearly every YouTube video will turn into a flame war of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I think the guy must be about 13 as well ugh, started saying how Leinster's league position was bad and how there's no offloads up here good lord. Thankfully not all are like that.

The guy I met was around 30. We were watching the Tri-Nations NZ v SA and somehow Ireland being pathetic came up. I'm not one to let a single person tar a whole race of people... but this guy certainly pushed me

• Advertisement

Just tell them we're the world champions at Gealic football and hurling!

Spent a year over in Oz and I found that they just don't get sarcasim at all. I forgot to properly fill out the immigration form at the airport, it was all good until it came to one question in particular.
    Immigration officer "Do you have a criminal record?"
    Me "jeez I didn't think you still needed one to get in here"
    Well 2 hours and a good going over later the joke was most certainly on me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

JRant wrote: »

Spent a year over in Oz and I found that they just don't get sarcasim at all. I forgot to properly fill out the immigration form at the airport, it was all good until it came to one question in particular.

Yeah, coz that's really original and never been said before...ever!

Yeah, coz that's really original and never been said before...ever!

Never claimed it was original, sure the reason I said it was because it's an old gag.

Not sure why there's the need for such hostility?

Anyway I'll leave to you to it, ltr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Immigration is taken very seriously in Oz and the US. And rightly so. It would have to be an extremely unprofessional worker to take that as a joke. Bit of an idiotic comment to make to an immigration officer.

... hostility?...

Where?

• Advertisement

MOD wrote: »
    • No Rugby Talk: This is for non-rugby discussion, ...discussion of rugby related items will see the thread closed immediately.

Please, shut it down, shut it down!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

Grimebox wrote: »

I think we'd be the exact same if the shoe was on the other foot. We've never beaten them and they consistently trash us. We don't deserve their respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Lets put things back off track shall we?

What do people think of puppies? adorable or a deadly!

What do people think of puppies? adorable or a deadly!

I love them but I couldn't possibly eat a whole one.

Buer wrote: »
    I love them but I couldn't possibly eat a whole one.

It's just a matter of willpower - oh and a decent sauce can help as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

The worrying thing is though skinny people sometimes think they can eat what they want and because they're not piling on the pounds they think that's grand.

That said, it's definitely good being able to eat more freely than those who do genuinely have to watch every calorie.

Thin people's arteries still get just as clogged with fat though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I got one of those new fivers in change yesterday. Shoved it into the change part of my purse and pulled it out this morning to find it ripped in two. That's the second torn new fiver I've had, I thought they were meant to be plasticised and more durable?!

Hersheys wrote: »
    I got one of those new fivers in change yesterday. Shoved it into the change part of my purse and pulled it out this morning to find it ripped in two. That's the second torn new fiver I've had, I thought they were meant to be plasticised and more durable?!

They're a pain in the ass. Machines that take in notes can't read them. :mad:

They're a pain in the ass. Machines that take in notes can't read them. :mad:

That seems like a pretty fundamental flaw there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Please, shut it down, shut it down!

Stop backseat modding.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement