Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I am one of those people who finds American Football incredibly boring..... I just don't like it at all. Superbowl is definitely one of the most dull major sporting events I have ever watched... I definitely got more enjoyment from ironic cheering than the actual sport.

That's just me though... Maybe American sports just aren't for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just incase you're still wondering... It's the Viper from hardy bucks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

.ak wrote: »
    Just incase you're still wondering... It's the Viper from hardy bucks.

Who is in fact rodge and not podge as the rumours claimed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I am one of those people who finds American Football incredibly boring..... I just don't like it at all. Superbowl is definitely one of the most dull major sporting events I have ever watched... I definitely got more enjoyment from ironic cheering than the actual sport.

Same...until I got into this Fantasy, now I'm hooked. I'd still probably be bored as hell watching a single game, but the Redzone button on Sky makes things more exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Haha the coverage of the boating was hilarious.

"This is a comeback like international sport has ever seen..." I don't think that sentence even makes sense!

"America(')s cup stays in America!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

According to the Indo

"Swedish supermodel Victoria Silvsted will launch her debut lingerie collection in Brown Thomas in Dublin tomorrow"

Now lads, there is a win-win scenario for a date night if ever I saw one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Jesus, all you'll hear is the sound of a thousand teenage boys clapping with one hand

Jesus, all you'll hear is the sound of a thousand teenage boys clapping with one hand

Past their bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

And they wouldn't have been born when she was in her prime! A lot of lonely guys around 30 years old creeping around, I reckon.

Which reminds me, must clear my schedule.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've never heard of her.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I've never heard of her.

Are you perhaps, under 25? She had a brief couple of years where she dominated lads mags. Would have been about 13 or 14 years ago.

Buer wrote: »
    Are you perhaps, under 25? She had a brief couple of years where she dominated lads mags. Would have been about 13 or 14 years ago.

I'm just about under 25! :)

She's not that hot either. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

she's been on French game shows for the last decade or so. she really hasn't aged well.

Anyone got any book recommendations foe me to bring on my holidays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

What sort of stuff do you normally read?

Teferi wrote: »
    What sort of stuff do you normally read?

Like crime / thriller type things with plot twists etc. That JK Rowling (psuedonym one) Cuckoos Calling etc was good. Dan Brown etc.

I'm on this at the moment
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Monty-Hall-Problem-Contentious/dp/0195367898

This is next
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Accountants-Story-Inside-Violent-Medellin/dp/0446178942

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Like crime / thriller type things with plot twists etc. That JK Rowling (psuedonym one) Cuckoos Calling etc was good. Dan Brown etc.

If you like crime look no further than Helter Skelter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Pffft....the Monty Hall problem is easy.

I assume you've done the Stieg Larson series. They were good in that genre.

I ended up buying Police by Jo Nesbo. Never read a Jo Nesbo book before, hopefully it's decent.

I ended up buying Police by Jo Nesbo. Never read a Jo Nesbo book before, hopefully it's decent.

There's a great film based on a Jo Nesbo book called "Headhunters". Available on iTunes. I've never read a Nesbo book, but he has a good rep.

Aye.

Now I'm searching for a movie to watch on the plane :D

Aye.

Now I'm searching for a movie to watch on the plane :D

You can definitely load iTunes movies onto an iPhone. However, you have one of those Windows 8 jobs from memory, so I'm not sure what the story is. I've watched both the Swedish and Daniel Craig versions of the Larson series, and the English version is actually pretty good. But the Swedes have all 3 films out of course. Subtitles on a flight might be a bit tedious though.

• Advertisement

Swiwi. wrote: »
    You can definitely load iTunes movies onto an iPhone. However, you have one of those Windows 8 jobs from memory, so I'm not sure what the story is. I've watched both the Swedish and Daniel Craig versions of the Larson series, and the English version is actually pretty good. But the Swedes have all 3 films out of course. Subtitles on a flight might be a bit tedious though.

Xbox video, can put it on my tablet and away I go. :)

Home time! Woman away! Rugby on TV! Chipper on way home!

*head explodes*

Buer wrote: »
    Home time! Woman away! Rugby on TV! Chipper on way home!

*head explodes*

Damn annoying though that the Ulster & Leinster games clash. Genuinely keen to see Payne at 13 and Gilroy at 15. Will get the first 30 minutes or so I guess.

If you don't start your weekend off with Jim Neilly then really it's no weekend at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭student1990

town was pretty good last night

• Advertisement

I'm missing our match tonight too cause I gotta go out for dinner :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

town was pretty good last night

The first Arthur's day I didn't partake in. I was at a recruiting event for Amazon. Times have changed

I can't even get Guinness in most places here. The only beers in the place beside work are Kronenberg and Leffe (and its the only place for quite a ways around as the office is a bit out of town by the airport).

On a train to Zurich at the moment so alas, I'm unlikely to catch any rugby this weekend.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I can't even get Guinness in most places here. The only beers in the place beside work are Kronenberg and Leffe (and its the only place for quite a ways around as the office is a bit out of town by the airport).

On a train to Zurich at the moment so alas, I'm unlikely to catch any rugby this weekend.

There's several Irish bars in Zurich if you're feeling homesick, including a fair few that will screen the GAA final.

My first Guinness here was served in a Magners glass. I managed a quarter of an inch of it before almost crying with the acidity. Probably the first one ordered in that place in 2 yers.

My second Guinness here (and last) was reduced to a pint of coke before I'd made it from the bar to my seat. I had to bring it back and exchange it immediately.

Having it available and knowing it is terrible is worse than not being able to get it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

When in Rome......

Try some of the local beer, you may find it's quite nice.

Be careful with the Leffe though, I think it's 8% or so

There are a few places around me that serve a nice pint of Guinness. But there's also an irishy area not too far away as well so it explains it.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    When in Rome......

Try some of the local beer, you may find it's quite nice.

Be careful with the Leffe though, I think it's 8% or so

Not to be a beer pedant, but Leffe is Belgian. Aside from the mass produced stuff, Switzerland mostly does microbrew lagers or yeast beers, but I stumbled across a damn fine stout of all things last time I was in Zurich.

I may not have been looking closely enough but I've found no local beer yet never mind good local stuff. Local wine on the other hand...

Leffe is pretty nice alright. But at 6CHF a half pint (and my work local is cheap) it's not something you'd be knocking back!

There is some local green thing. Not tried that yet. I think It's beer...

I may not have been looking closely enough but I've found no local beer yet never mind good local stuff. Local wine on the other hand...

Leffe is pretty nice alright. But at 6CHF a half pint (and my work local is cheap) it's not something you'd be knocking back!

• Advertisement

Abisinthe?

Abisinthe?

Alas no. I think it's supposed to be some kind of refreshing lake water beer thing or something. I must try it soon though I fear it will be awfully sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

I've just moved to Ghana, and there are Guinness advertisements everywhere! It's all bottled stuff as far as I can tell, but the brand's reach is surprising. They even have a Guinness brewery in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

I've just moved to Ghana, and there are Guinness advertisements everywhere! It's all bottled stuff as far as I can tell, but the brand's reach is surprising. They even have a Guinness brewery in the country.

They import the stuff back to Ireland for the African & ethnic shops. It's supposed to taste different & be a little stronger too.

Nigeria is the world's biggest consumer of Guinness AFAIK. I would have thought lager would be more popular in the hot African climes, but there we go. Much prefer Guinness in typical Irish weather myself.

Nigeria is the world's biggest consumer of Guinness AFAIK. I would have thought lager would be more popular in the hot African climes, but there we go. Much prefer Guinness in typical Irish weather myself.

It's very popular in Jamaica as well. It's also much stronger there and very easy to get drunk on without noticing.

From the Indo LOL

Banner.jpg

Looks like Flannery has settled in well at Arsenal, I suspect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Feck, me nurves!

Lovely hurling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bloody hell, that was some game of hurling!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement