Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Brilliant stuff altogether

Hon the banner!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Hon the banner. Well deserved.

Looking forward to Davy Fitz' interview now. :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That was fan-f**king-tastic.

What an amazing game. Hit the panic button when Cork got that late goal and Clare go up the field and get one themselves! :D

Might have to dust off the ol' Clare jersey for going out tonight now. :pac:

Might have to dust off the ol' Clare jersey for going out tonight now. :pac:

I always thought you were a Cork man! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Cracking game with the result I was looking for! :D

awec wrote: »
    I always thought you were a Cork man! :pac:

Limerick for rugby, Clare for the GAA.

Might report you for the Cark accusations! Was living there for most of the year though. Would be fun to be back there again tonight.

Limerick for rugby, Clare for the GAA.

Might report you for the Cark accusations! Was living there for most of the year though. Would be fun to be back there again tonight.

Limerick and Clare?

You're from one or the other! :p

That said I'm very much in the Clare camp for the hurling by virtue of having a Clare girlfriend - we don't know what hurling is where I'm from!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

One of the best summers of GAA I can remember!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭student1990

some game of stick ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Oktoberfest anyone? No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

molloyjh wrote: »
    Oktoberfest anyone? No?

'To Adolf!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Crap. Sitsburgh goes 4-0. I thought I might have had you for a little bit, but Peyton Manning is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Hagz wrote: »
    Crap. Sitsburgh goes 4-0. I thought I might have had you for a little bit, but Peyton Manning is ridiculous.

I thought you had me once the Pats D got that intercept last night, Sproles could have a nightmare this evening and lose more then 4 points on me though...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I've consigned Benny to 0-4 in my triumphant ascent to a stunning 2-2 record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Really interesting finish to my game up ahead. I'm up by 4, IBF has Brees, but I have his top 2 targets in Graham and Colston.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Really interesting finish to my game up ahead. I'm up by 4, IBF has Brees, but I have his top 2 targets in Graham and Colston.

With the way Graham has been playing I'd think you are safe, but its certainly an interesting match-up.

Stupid job means I can't watch prime time games anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

3 of the 4 matches this week have been close run things

P_1 wrote: »
    3 of the 4 matches this week have been close run things

Yeah.

I hope you feel bad about yourself Pudsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Yeah.

I hope you feel bad about yourself Pudsy.

I has Amendola starting and Jennings on the bench, not that it mattered anyway.

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I has Amendola starting

I saw that in advance and thought I should warn you.

But then I changed my mind.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I has Amendola starting and Jennings on the bench, not that it mattered anyway.

Don't feel too bad.

I managed to lose in another league to someone starting both an inactive player AND a player on bye. And it wasn't even close...

I saw that in advance and thought I should warn you.

But then I changed my mind.

Cold Hagz. I actually would have warned you/changed your roster but I'm afraid I was in Zurich and hungover.

Just finished Breaking Bad.
    I really don't have the emotional strength to handle tv finales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

I cried like a baby after the six feet under finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I'm just so happy Jessie survived, YEAH BITCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I cried like a baby after the six feet under finale

Six Feet Under's finale was incredible

The finale left one thing unanswered though.
    What happened to Huell??

Burgo wrote: »
    I'm just so happy Jessie survived, YEAH BITCH!
    My favourite part was when he says "I did it for me, I liked it". And then when the "Baby blue" song kicked in at the end with him in the lab is where I lost hard. It summed up what the show was about.

It's such a fascinating show. In reality, he did something very very selfish that essentially ruined his family, so that he could feel truly alive before he died. Yet you can't help but empathise with him.

• Advertisement

The finale left one thing unanswered though.
    What happened to Huell??
    They planning on bringing out a spin off tv show that follows Saul Goodman. So I guess we'll find out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

They planning on bringing out a spin off tv show that follows Saul Goodman. So I guess we'll find out :D
    Its going to be a prequel apparently

I've never watched it - I probably will at some point cause its on Netflix and I'm a procrastinating jackass. But I nonetheless have an utterly insurmountable weakness when it comes to looking at spoilers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I've never watched it - I probably will at some point cause its on Netflix and I'm a procrastinating jackass. But I nonetheless have an utterly insurmountable weakness when it comes to looking at spoilers :P

I like you put it off for a long time, but I'm now up to season 3 on Netflix. Great show but the urge to click the spoilers is killing me inside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Spoliers and Wikipedia are my problem.

Does anyone watch Dexter? The comparison between the quality of endings of both shows couldn't be more stark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Ye i pretty much spoilered every major plot point of the GOT books after they left off from the tv series....

Even wiki pages you think are safe can contain the most obnoxious spoilers!

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Ye i pretty much spoilered every major plot point of the GOT books after they left off from the tv series....

Even wiki pages you think are safe can contain the most obnoxious spoilers!

I thankfully read the books before watching the series.

I really didn't see that nuke coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Wow that was close. Won by 3 in the end. Graham is an absolute monster this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Not mad on Breaking Bad. Watched the first 3 seasons and found it very repetitive. Will catch up and watch the entire thing, but for me if the first 3 seasons aren't great it doesn't make it a great series just because it gets good in the final two seasons.

Also is it just me or is the Big Bang Theory ****e?

.ak wrote: »

Yes, its awful.

Though seeing as I spent 7 years in various universities studying theoretical physics I imagine I find the caricatures and stereotyping more tiresome than most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Not mad on Breaking Bad. Watched the first 3 seasons and found it very repetitive. Will catch up and watch the entire thing, but for me if the first 3 seasons aren't great it doesn't make it a great series just because it gets good in the final two seasons.

The Big Bang Theory is just not a good TV show. And once you notice the laughter track it gets very annoying very quickly.

Breaking Bad, on the other hand, is awesome. Spoiler tags or not, you posters above are cruel! I still have to watch the final episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Give up on Breaking Bad in that case. I thought the first season was the best

Grimebox wrote: »
    Give up on Breaking Bad in that case. I thought the first season was the best

Actually I did enjoy the first season, because of the transition from his character.

Yeh, if you haven't gotten into it after three seasons, then you probably won't ever get into it.

So, Americans.

Bloody lunatics.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What have they done now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

So, Americans.

Bloody lunatics.

I personally think it's absolutely disgraceful that a minority could destroy something just to get their own way on an issue. They should all be sitting at the table and negotiating. I could never support people like that :)

Yeh, if you haven't gotten into it after three seasons, then you probably won't ever get into it.

Is it just me or does the same stuff happen over and over?
    They get in bed with a bad guy. Make lots of money. Things go sour with the bad guy. They **** over the bad guy. Then onto the next bad guy. Rinse repeat.

What have they done now?

Shut down they entire federal government to stop poor people getting healthcare

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Is it just me or does the same stuff happen over and over?
    They get in bed with a bad guy. Make lots of money. Things go sour with the bad guy. They **** over the bad guy. Then onto the next bad guy. Rinse repeat.

It does break away from that circle from the end of the third season onwards and things escalate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement