Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

FF points regardless, this is some game of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Topgear_table_flip.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Jason Witten has saved my ass along with DeSean Jackson.

I reckon I need something special from Manning to go to 5-0

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I love Dez Bryant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

48-48?

Is this the NFL or Super XV?

Tony Romo suddenly remembered he is Tony Romo.

18 points up with just my kicker to go, can't see that lead lasting

I'm 12 points behind irritable bowel syndrome so look in good condition as long as the 9ers don't completely screw the pooch again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I lost by .4

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I lost by .4

You lost by 0.4 and Ryan Matthews.

So probably 0.5

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I lost by .4

Good to see Moyross get a W on the board though. Who has that team BTW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

P_1 wrote: »
    Good to see Moyross get a W on the board though. Who has that team BTW?

Benny Cake.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Arrived home from holidays about 1am last night and woke up this morning with FIFA 14 waiting for me. Result! :D

So the 49ers D decided to have there merry way with me in that Ff matchup...

Podge_irl wrote: »
    You lost by 0.4 and Ryan Matthews.

So probably 0.5

You weren't far off. 1.2 in the end.

Glad I won my matchup. Does this mean I go top on head to head or is overall points the first tiebreaker?

matthew8 wrote: »

Glad I won my matchup. Does this mean I go top on head to head or is overall points the first tiebreaker?

Fat lady hasn't sung yet, a ground and pound offence with plenty of FG's from Atlanta this evening could yet clinch it.

Now is anybody interested in purchasing some slightly clutched, second-hand straws :P

The important thing is I won the MediocreBowl.

I have Matthews in my League of Record. I hate him.

I think it's head to head record as the tie-breaker. Its one of those set-up rules that I paid absolutely no attention to.

Top of the league hooray. Up next against ugo "too cool to set his own lineup but still won" warriers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

**** you, Arthur.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hurk

Lads, has anyone used Sky Go through their Xbox? I've read mixed reviews with some people saying it can have issues with buffering and unexpectedly closing.

There's one space for a device left on the account and I'm worried if I risk the Xbox rather than my laptop, it will all go horribly wrong and I'll be crying into my cans, missing all the wonderful Heineken Cup rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Yeh I've used it a few times. I've used both my laptop and my XBOX to watch super rugby on Sky Sports Xtra and they're both the same in my experience. Both can experience some buffering hiccups, but for the most part run fine. I've never experienced unexpected closing though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Hurk wrote: »
    Lads, has anyone used Sky Go through their Xbox? I've read mixed reviews with some people saying it can have issues with buffering and unexpectedly closing.

There's one space for a device left on the account and I'm worried if I risk the Xbox rather than my laptop, it will all go horribly wrong and I'll be crying into my cans, missing all the wonderful Heineken
    Cup rugby.

Two things

1. I have it and it's great, depends in your connection I suppose ( 50mb upc for me) but the quality is superb, especially is you have a HD cable. Only buffers very occasionally. Main problem is lip synch can be a little off but if like me your only watching sport in it it's fine.

2. You can un register the xbox from the account and register your laptop if you don't like it, assuming you have control of the account

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Two things

1. I have it and it's great, depends in your connection I suppose ( 50mb upc for me) but the quality is superb, especially is you have a HD cable. Only buffers very occasionally. Main problem is lip synch can be a little off but if like me your only watching sport in it it's fine.

2. You can un register the xbox from the account and register your laptop if you don't like it, assuming you have control of the account

Thanks a million for that. I've a very fast connection so it should be grand. My laptop is currently registered so I'll have to deregister that and then add the new device. I think there's an issue with too many changes in the one month, which was also my worry, but it sounds good.

Cheers- there won't be a load of lads staring at a 13 inch screen, giving me guff anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

We need a new poll.

There's one space for a device left on the account and I'm worried if I risk the Xbox rather than my laptop, it will all go horribly wrong and I'll be crying into my cans, missing all the wonderful Heineken Cup rugby.

I always watch the HEC and premier league through sky go on my xbox.

Always works perfect for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

We need a new poll.

• Advertisement

Actually, are you able to re-vote in the poll or does what a certain mod just did not reset it properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

awec wrote: »
    Actually, are you able to re-vote in the poll or does what a certain mod just did not reset it properly?

What illiterate git set up that poll?! He's spelled "pìss" incorrectly again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

What illiterate git set up that poll?! He's spelled "pìss" incorrectly again!

Nah it's censored, you see. When you write "píss", it automatically replaces it with "Harp". Not his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ive seen it buffering on a 1.1 GB/s connection with a latency of 4 ms... so I don't think anyone is going to be able to completely avoid it. You'll be fine either way I'd say.

Ive seen it buffering on a 1.1 GB/s connection with a latency of 4 ms... so I don't think anyone is going to be able to completely avoid it. You'll be fine either way I'd say.

1.1GB? Jesus. I can live with 4ms. We practically observe the world at about a 4ms delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

How can I change my avatar to a picture from the web?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Think there's a URL option? The pic needs to be tiny to start off with tho.

You need to either subscribe to the site or be a mod

Yeah, what he said!

Ah feck. Well I'd say my Mod chances are slim to none so I reckon I might fork out a fiver to put Ugo as my avatar

Ah feck. Well I'd say my Mod chances are slim to none so I reckon I might fork out a fiver to put Ugo as my avatar

Ha, do it!

EDIT: Infact you should fit a spacecraft into the avatar too.

• Advertisement

84px.png

As has been made abundantly clear in the past, I can't photoshop.

84px.png

This is all kinds of wonderful, can I put a picture in my sig?!

84px.png

This is all kinds of wonderful, can I put a picture in my sig?!

If you make this your profile Ugo I'll buy you both a pint at the next beers (out of justsomebloke's money)

Matchup with Ugo starts tonight. He has Bears D and Forte going against the Giants. I'm fearful they might score 50. I'd be relieved if they only scored 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Roller derby? Roller fcukin derby?!

What the hell is this fresh madness? New addition to the 'Sports' category has completely thrown off my browsing to the rugby forum!

Roller derby? Roller fcukin derby?!

What the hell is this fresh madness? New addition to the 'Sports' category has completely thrown off my browsing to the rugby forum!

Ha, my girlfriend's cousin does that. Aside from it being gas I don't see the point of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

.ak wrote: »
    If you make this your profile Ugo I'll buy you both a pint at the next beers (out of justsomebloke's money)

WAIT!!!! WHAT!!!!

WAIT!!!! WHAT!!!!

I'm sorry I cannot un-write what is written.

Draft a new kicker I said
    I'll score quite well he said
    I forgot to promote him from the bench they said
    Dammit I said

Draft a new kicker I said
    I'll score quite well he said
    I forgot to promote him from the bench they said
    Dammit I said

You really need to work on your add/drops!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement