Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Pretty sure it never recovered from lady gaga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Burgo wrote: »
    Pretty sure it never recovered from lady gaga.

The yellowness is new tho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Oh i thought you were just referring to the fact its been cutting up terribly. Can't say anything about the yellowness! New grass maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

.ak wrote: »
    Wtf is up with the pitch in the Aviva?

Fairly sure that was caused by the stage setup for the Roger Waters 'The Wall' gig a few weeks back. Looks like the grass under it survived the gig but is a little bit discoloured as a result of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

mfceiling wrote: »
    Won tickets to alone it stands in the pavillion tomorrow night!!

Anyone know if it's good?

Saw it when I was 13 or something. I remember it being good regardless of that I had no interest in Rugby at the time. Its quite funny

• Advertisement

That sounds like an awful review. A 13 year old found it funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Anyone who wants to go and see Alone It Stands in the pavillion theatre in dun laoighre tonight, drop me a PM. I won 2 tickets and the missus can't go, so i've a spare one there..free to a good home!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Dear girl on bus

Please stop flicking your wet hair into my face. It's annoying, gross and painful.

Regards,

Hersheys

---

Dear bus man

Just because it's raining doesn't mean you have to turn on the heating.

Regards,

Hersheys

---

Dear rest of bus

I know we'll get the odd raindrop in the window if we open it, but the heat is killing me. We have two choices. Open the window or I strip off. And ain't nobody wants to see a female front row stripping off on the commute.

Regards,

Hersheys.

----

Dear Hersheys

Get a car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

I for one would love to see a female front row stripping off on my bus!
    Didn't know we had that option on bus eireann

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Dear Hersheys

Get a car

Have a car. Can't afford parking in the city plus going for scoops after work.

Hersheys wrote: »
    Have a car. Can't afford parking in the city plus going for scoops after work.

focus on the scoops and not the bus **** so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

The Luas was like a scene from 28 days later earlier on. People are zombies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

.ak wrote: »
    The Luas was like a scene from 28 days later earlier on. People are zombies.

That red line is really something...

I have Wednesday's off this year. What a feeling to wake up to the rain beating down on the roof knowing you can stay in bed

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Red line was grand earlier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Budget is fine for me

23% VAT on fitness nutritional products is a bit of a kick in the teeth though

I honestly don't think the budget will affect me at all. Lucky me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Grimebox wrote: »
    I honestly don't think the budget will affect me at all. Lucky me

You don't drink so... :pac:

So the All Whites have to beat Mexico to make it to Fifa 2014. First game is in Mexico. I'd fear for the players safety in the unlikely event NZ actually won. Mexico is ranked 21st in the world, but apparently had a dreadful qualifying tournament. Only USA drawing with Panama spared their blushes. I don't know NZ's ranking, but I imagine it's 3 digits!

Well, we always have a never say die attitude, so I expect the lads to give it a good lash, but this would really be spectacular if we did it. However, a 0-7 over the home and away legs wouldn't surprise me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Swiwi. wrote: »
    I don't know NZ's ranking, but I imagine it's 3 digits!

Ye of little faith. You're 67th, one spot above your old buddies South Africa.

In fact, you've dropped 10 places this year. To put that in context, Ireland are currently 59th.

Buer wrote: »
    Ye of little faith. You're 67th, one spot above your old buddies South Africa.

In fact, you've dropped 10 places this year. To put that in context, Ireland are currently 59th.

Wow! We only managed to lose to New Caledonia not that long ago, so I'm surprised. Playing Mexico at altitude in front of rabid fans, many of whom are no doubt armed, will be tough. Hopefully we can take a reasonable result back to NZ for the 2nd leg.

So the All Whites have to beat Mexico to make it to Fifa 2014. First game is in Mexico. I'd fear for the players safety in the unlikely event NZ actually won. Mexico is ranked 21st in the world, but apparently had a dreadful qualifying tournament. Only USA drawing with Panama spared their blushes. I don't know NZ's ranking, but I imagine it's 3 digits!

Well, we always have a never say die attitude, so I expect the lads to give it a good lash, but this would really be spectacular if we did it. However, a 0-7 over the home and away legs wouldn't surprise me.

Hey ye made the last one (I think ye went unbeaten too), stinker of a draw mind. You'd have to wonder if following Australia's lead and leaving the Oceania competition for the Asian one might be of more benefit though. I mean there's only so much you can get from thumping the likes of Tahiti and the Solomon Islands 10 nil.

P_1 wrote: »
    Hey ye made the last one (I think ye went unbeaten too), stinker of a draw mind. You'd have to wonder if following Australia's lead and leaving the Oceania competition for the Asian one might be of more benefit though. I mean there's only so much you can get from thumping the likes of Tahiti and the Solomon Islands 10 nil.

We took the last one gladly, but basically we had to top Oceania and then beat Bahrain home & away to qualify, which we did. We played well enough in 2010, only side not to lose, and we should have beaten Italy, some guy shot wide with a fairly open goal.

Australia got sick of Oceania, hence why they successfully squirmed their way into Asia, I think NZ would have no chance if we tried the same trick.

We took the last one gladly, but basically we had to top Oceania and then beat Bahrain home & away to qualify, which we did. We played well enough in 2010, only side not to lose, and we should have beaten Italy, some guy shot wide with a fairly open goal.

Australia got sick of Oceania, hence why they successfully squirmed their way into Asia, I think NZ would have no chance if we tried the same trick.

I dunno to be honest, I could see ye being there. thereabouts in Asia. Japan, Australia and South Korea might be a bit too strong for ye but the likes of North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia and the others should be ripe for the taking. A better class of opponents could help in the long run too.

P_1 wrote: »
    I dunno to be honest, I could see ye being there. thereabouts in Asia. Japan, Australia and South Korea might be a bit too strong for ye but the likes of North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia and the others should be ripe for the taking. A better class of opponents could help in the long run too.

I think Iran & Saudi play in the Middle East conference though. But yeah, aside Japan, SK and Australia there aren't too many heavyweights in Asia.

I think Iran & Saudi play in the Middle East conference though. But yeah, aside Japan, SK and Australia there aren't too many heavyweights in Asia.

Must be down to the diet :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Just for the record, I don't think Mexican home games are attending by gun toting cartel foot soldiers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Terry Phelan was playing out in NZ last I heard. His presence in the country has probably inspired the team to excel. Hero.

dregin wrote: »
    Terry Phelan was playing out in NZ last I heard. His presence in the country has probably inspired the team to excel. Hero.

We couldn't find anywhere further to send him after 1994?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Buer wrote: »
    We couldn't find anywhere further to send him after 1994?!

If it wasn't for the fact he suffered from air sickness, he'd have been sent to the Mir space station!

If it wasn't for the fact he suffered from air sickness, he'd have been sent to the Mir space station!

Oh, Terry. Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

They don't, there is no Middle East conference :P

And Iran topped their group this time, wouldn't underrate them.

NZ would probably put up a good fight if they were in Asia, although the likes of Uzbekistan, Jordan, Bahrain etc aren't that bad and are hard to beat at home even for the likes of Japan and South Korea (who finished below Iran I think). And it's only a matter of time before China get good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Bucs take Brees off your team and put on Romo.

• Advertisement

So it's a Sunday evening, time for the traditional 3 pages of NFL talk :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Real late game bias in my matchup. Only 6 players combined have started. Too much prime time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's so depressing being a Bucs fan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It's so depressing being a Bucs fan

Their D at least is normally a lot better than this. Ugo and I are pretty close.

Can't believe the Eagles Cowboys game is so low scoring.

Yeah 3-0 inside the Jerry-Dome at half time is fairly puzzling alright

• Advertisement

Mike Glennon looks about 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

mike-glennon-napoleon-dynamite.jpg

Ha.

Wtf is with the length of his neck??

Jets beating the Pats. Awesome.

An incredibly stupid penalty against the Pats on a missed field goal from the Jets.

Roy Helu is such a vulture. Stole 3 touchdowns from Alfred Morris.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Roy Helu is such a vulture. Stole 3 touchdowns from Alfred Morris.

I picked him up and then benched him in a different league. Not sure what to do with him at this point! Can't expect that every week obviously.

What a disaster. Foster ruled out of the game now. Eddie Lacy doing his best to shoulder the load. Another 100 yard game in order I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

th?id=H.4652382797103303&pid=15.1

who likes cats?

Single women.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement