Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Don't know if anyone's a cider drinker but here's some new flavours which will remind you of being a kid

Reko_Overview_image-with-hero-colours_orange_ginger.png = tkbottle.jpg
    Orange and Ginger cider

Reko_Overview_strawberrylime.png = The-Sweetie-Stop-haribo-giant-strawberries.jpg
    Strawberry and Lime cider

They taste the exact same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone's a cider drinker but here's some new flavours which will remind you of being a kid

Reko_Overview_image-with-hero-colours_orange_ginger.png = tkbottle.jpg
    Orange and Ginger cider

Reko_Overview_strawberrylime.png = The-Sweetie-Stop-haribo-giant-strawberries.jpg
    Strawberry and Lime cider

They taste the exact same!

A few bottles of that and it would also remind you off having the shíts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

That stuff is nice but crazy sweet .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

A lot nicer than Koppaberg, but still very sweet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I love cider. But, you now, real cider.

aspall.jpg

Old-Rosie-2L.jpg

• Advertisement

I really love aspall cyder. Cassidy's has it on tap :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Cider is yuck :)

awec wrote: »
    Cider is yuck :)

Says the man who drinks Harp...

decisions wrote: »
    I really love aspall cyder. Cassidy's has it on tap :)

I got hooked on the stuff when living in Cambridge. It is absolutely delicious.

I'm gonna pop into Cassidy's over Christmas so :D

Says the man who drinks Harp...

cider gives me banging headaches. Can't be dealing with it.

Too sweet too. Or too bitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Aspalls is probably one of the best ciders I've had in a bar in england. There's another one I can't think if which is quite common but very nice... I'll try find it

Aspalls is probably one of the best ciders I've had in a bar in england. There's another one I can't think if which is quite common but very nice... I'll try find it

Addlestone's?

But yeah, Aspalls is the best.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Addlestone's?

But yeah, Aspalls is the best.

No, something is telling me it starts with 'S' and the logo is a big tree. I just can't think of the name. If I was home I'd walk round to the local and have a look!

No, something is telling me it starts with 'S' and the logo is a big tree. I just can't think of the name. If I was home I'd walk round to the local and have a look!

Somersby?

I've a few bottles of Mac Ivors in for Christmas.

cider gives me banging headaches. Can't be dealing with it.

Too sweet too. Or too bitter.

That's because you've probably been drinking ****e stuff. Blumers etc is to cider as what Ryan Turbidy is to heavy weight boxing.

Where's Cassidy's?

.ak wrote: »
    Where's Cassidy's?

Westmoreland St.

Westmoreland St.

Oh is that the place that sells pizza? Must pop in, love proper cider.

Cassidy's is an awesome bar. We usually have the Gentlemen's Club beers in it.

They serve Pizza! And popcorn!

Have Galway Hooker on tap too.

.ak wrote: »
    Oh is that the place that sells pizza? Must pop in, love proper cider.

That's the place, can't go wrong with a pizza and a pint for a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

After a stag trip to Bristol earlier in the year I can't help but think of this stuff when talking about cider. Bile stuff altogether...

I live (well, will live over Christmas anyway) a couple minutes from the McHughs in Artane. They have a fantastic selection of cider. MacIvors, Aspalls, Weston's, dry ciders, scrumpy ciders.

Honestly awec, if you couldn't find something there to like I don't wanna know you! Kopperberg and Bulmers just don't count!

molloyjh wrote: »
    After a stag trip to Bristol earlier in the year I can't help but think of this stuff when talking about cider. Bile stuff altogether...

I had a craft cheddar cider in Cambridge once. It looked almost fluorescent but a deep red cheddar colour. It was bloody delicious, but you definitely wouldn't have more than one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Ale > Cider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Why do women need an entire day to get ready for a christmas party that 3 weeks ago was "i'll probably not bother going this year"?

Hairdressers on thursday night and back in today again:confused:

I'm waiting on a call from a friend who takes out all the subbies who've worked for him throughout the year - same every year - call about 3 or 4 p.m - "we're heading out tonight, you coming"? "yeah, i'll see you later - text me where you're going"

8 p.m - right i'm heading for the 3 s's and then i'm gone.

Males are easily pleased!!

If you like your cider, this barge is definitely worth a visit http://www.applecider.co.uk/?page=home

RIDICULOUS selection.

I find cider a bit rough on my stomach and after spending 6 months drinking druids in college, I don't think I could ever truly go back :(

dregin wrote: »
    Ale > Cider

Don't see how you can compare them myself!

Although speaking of Ale, I've been on a real Red Ale kick recently. Maybe it's related to my rediscovery of red lemonade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm not a huge fan of Ale.

Come of them, especially in England, can have a very strong secondary taste.

I'd be fairly liberal in trying a different drink when abroad but not so much with Ale.

Jedward were on Xfactor again tonight.

Dublin has a lot to answer for with regards to unleashing those two on the world. What were you thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Jedward were on Xfactor again tonight.

Dublin has a lot to answer for with regards to unleashing those two on the world. What were you thinking?

I think the more pressing issue is the fact that you were watching the Xfactor to be honest :P

P_1 wrote: »
    I think the more pressing issue is the fact that you were watching the Xfactor to be honest :P

Was on while I was eating dinner. ;)

Jedward are now the personification of Dublin. Sorry dubs.

Was on while I was eating dinner. ;)

Aren't they from Lexlip and technically Lillywhites though? Don't be tarring us with that particular brush thank you very much

Two happy lads that get all the girls.

You're right there :pac:

P_1 wrote: »
    Aren't they from Lexlip and technically Lillywhites though? Don't be tarring us with that particular brush thank you very much

Wikipedia says Dublin.

Leixlip is only a km or from the Dublin Kildare boarder but with the M50 and N/M4 it's very much a part of Greater Dublin now.

• Advertisement

Kildare can have them.

Don't see how you can compare them myself!

Although speaking of Ale, I've been on a real Red Ale kick recently. Maybe it's related to my rediscovery of red lemonade.

McGrath's Red is my favorite.

As far as comparing cider to ale, I'm more talking about the drinking experience than the drinks themselves.

McGrath's Red is my favorite.

As far as comparing cider to ale, I'm more talking about the drinking experience than the drinks themselves.

Ah, I like my ale but honestly it's tough to get a better experience then kicking back outdoors on a summer's evening with a nice pint of crisp cider.

It obviously has a very different reputation in Ireland though.

I'm in Messrs now having a pint with a mate, any ideas on anither good place for good beer around here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I'm in Messrs now having a pint with a mate, any ideas on anither good place for good beer around here?

Cassidys on Westmoreland street.

• Advertisement

Mulligans on Poolbeg Street is close too.

Though I do like when get to sit at or near the front window in Messrs (or whatever it's called now) and you get that great view over O'Connell bridge and O'Connell Street.

The view isn't so good in Mulligans as there's no windows :P

Mulligans on poolbeg street is a great bar. If you're looking for craft beer, the brew dock is right beside the bus aras LUAS stop just across the river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Stonewall I have tried, and it's nice

Stonewell-Dry-Cider.png

RIP Peter O'Toole

One of the unluckiest actors not to win an Oscar.

Crikey Halfpenny comes 2nd in the Sports Personality of the Year. Wasn't expecting that

Shameless plug for NZ - Co. Antrim's James Nesbitt tours the country

River deep mountain high

(you have to register with ITV, and if you don't live in the north, fake a UK ip address to watch it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

4 touchdowns from Jamal Charles in the first half :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Looks like I'm done for in the fantasy. Bleeding Jamaal Charles and Nick Foles. Felt I was up against it to win this league when Foster went on IR and Rodgers going down has turned Nelson and Lacy from top 5 players to players who barely deserve to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Hagz wrote: »
    4 touchdowns from Jamal Charles in the first half :D

And a fifth! 20 yards receiving and yet 50.7 fantasy points.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement