Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I really really want to win.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Hagz wrote: »
    I really really want to win.:D

Tis a mighty shame that you won't in that case :P

The winning of the thing will be awarded toward me, oh did you not know? And I think you'll find that you won't win but instead you will find that the loss is yours, and you're welcome to it.:mad:

I will be nfl champion.
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

when the **** did the n11 become 60kph!?

RuggieBear wrote: »
    when the **** did the n11 become 60kph!?

Depends where you are on the N11. I think it changes from 80 to 60 from Cornelscourt towards Stillorgan. Been that way for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

haven't driven home on it for a while.

****ing joke of a dual carriageway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just about to start into this ROG book - I will give you my verdict when I am finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Luis Suarez, horrible person, amazing player.

19 league goals already. If he continues in similar fashion, he will destroy the record. All the more impressive given he was banned for the first several games.

Before the halfway point of the season, he has already beaten or equalled three of the top scorer tallies for a season in the 20 year history of the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

He's a good player alright...

Another horrible 0-0 for Sunderland... two weeks in a row that there's been complete domination but just can't score. And another fcuking red card too :o
    The Championship beckons...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Saracens have just beaten Leicester 49-10!

They scored 6 tries to 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Saracens have just beaten Leicester 49-10!

They scored 6 tries to 1.
    I thought this thread was for fantasy NFL? :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ha, it's an amazing scoreline all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

I don't really warm to the guy, but man Suarez is incredible at the moment - no simple tap-in goals, just pure class. Another couple of stunners against Cardiff.

He's lethal! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

awec wrote: »
    He's lethal! :D

speaking of lethal... Con Air is on BBC Three now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

speaking of lethal... Con Air is on BBC Three now

Put. The. Bunny. Back. In. The. Box!

I'm half way through the 2nd chapter of this ROG book. Did nobody think to tell him that Munster were not the first province to win a European cup? :confused:

• Advertisement

I'm half way through the 2nd chapter of this ROG book. Did nobody think to tell him that Munster were not the first province to win a European cup? :confused:

First one that really counted ;) :P

They were weren't they? Leinster won their first cup in 2009, after Munster had already won two.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

They were weren't they? Leinster won their first cup in 2009, after Munster had already won two.

Ulster in 99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

ya what ???? when were you born ?:eek: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

dregin wrote: »
    Ulster in 99.
    duckysauce wrote: »
    ya what ???? when were you born ?:eek: :P

Ah lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Ah you could hardly equate Ulster's win in 09 to the European competition when Munster were vying with French and European heavyweights.

• Advertisement

The greatest trick that Europe ever pulled was to convince Ulster they won the Heineken Cup.

As the pictures prove, the trophies are completely different. But the Ulster men were still none the wiser.

HumphreysFitzpatrickCunninghamWard_Ulster10thanniversary.jpg

johann-muller-with-the-heineken-cup-trophy-390x285.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

12 pubs in the books. I'm in bits

logo.png

So, we're at Lifestyle Sports, and my significant other says "Look at that t-shirt with the Kiwis on it." I peer blankly around the store, and reply "Which t-shirt is that?" "The white one, with the white Kiwis surrounded by red." "You mean the Canterbury t-shirt?!"

The the light went on. Is it just me, or has anyone else never noticed that the CCC logo outlines 3 Kiwis??

I thought perhaps you were having a little wind up until I looked at my jogpants & realised you were correct :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

Swiwi. wrote: »
    logo.png

So, we're at Lifestyle Sports, and my significant other says "Look at that t-shirt with the Kiwis on it." I peer blankly around the store, and reply "Which t-shirt is that?" "The white one, with the white Kiwis surrounded by red." "You mean the Canterbury t-shirt?!"

The the light went on. Is it just me, or has anyone else never noticed that the CCC logo outlines 3 Kiwis??

Mind blown. I honestly have never noticed that either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Ah lads that was obvious, its always been clear to me.

Ah lads that was obvious, its always been clear to me.

So Glass Prison, your hand is revealed. Two X chromosomes you have. I think it's a "Men are from Mars, Women from Venus" thing. I always just saw CCC, my wife instantly spotted 3 Kiwis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

All i can see now are 3 kiwis!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

So Glass Prison, your hand is revealed. Two X chromosomes you have. I think it's a "Men are from Mars, Women from Venus" thing. I always just saw CCC, my wife instantly spotted 3 Kiwis...

This is news to me :eek:

Hahahahahahahahaha

That made me burst out laughing when I read that. Especially since you're a kiwi, and your name incorporates the word kiwi, and your profile pic is a kiwi.

Aw man. I figured it out when I was like 12 or something like that. I remember runnin around tellin all my classmates. Still, all I see when I look at the logo is three C's.

It's like the Toblerone logo. I know there's a bear in it, but unless I go looking for it all I see is a mountain.

Hahahahahahahahaha

That made me burst out laughing when I read that. Especially since you're a kiwi, and your name incorporates the word kiwi, and your profile pic is a kiwi.

Aw man. I figured it out when I was like 12 or something like that. I remember runnin around tellin all my classmates. Still, all I see when I look at the logo is three C's.

It's like the Toblerone logo. I know there's a bear in it, but unless I go looking for it all I see is a mountain.

Thanks for that!

...really, the right side of my brain seems pretty under-developed :o

Edit: the worst thing about it, is that I grew up 5 minutes down the road from the Canterbury factory...

I always saw 3 kiwis, now all i can see is 3 c's :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I always saw the kiwis.

One thing that recently blew my mind tho was this...

formula-1-logo.jpg

The '1' is the silhouette in middle, I always thought it was the red bit at the end.

My father-in-law really likes Jameson Gold whiskey - he buys it for €36 a bottle in Germany. The price in Tesco Dundrum yesterday? €85 a bottle. Waaaaay too much tax on alcohol in this country :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

My father-in-law really likes Jameson Gold whiskey - he buys it for €36 a bottle in Germany. The price in Tesco Dundrum yesterday? €85 a bottle. Waaaaay too much tax on alcohol in this country :(

You should try some other Irish whiskeys. Have you tried Teelings? Jameson is lovely but your paying for the brand.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    You should try some other Irish whiskeys. Have you tried Teelings? Jameson is lovely but your paying for the brand.

Sure, I'll give Teelings a lash!

.ak wrote: »

there is nothing like Jameson. I always have it in the cupboard.

Went in to Tesco today and saw a beautiful sight -

c72b06046bda11e39b3e0e5b1c95ff9b_8.jpg

Harp "Premium" - 30 cans for 15 quid. :D

Must be new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Premium and Harp in the same sentence does not compute :P

decisions wrote: »
    Premium and Harp in the same sentence does not compute :P

"Now contains 20% more rat pìss"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A look inside the Harp brewing lab:

250px-RedTickBrewery.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭OldRio

Good grief I still feel bad about it.

We reared 2 geese for Christmas. 1 for the table and 1 for the freezer. They would follow me everywhere on the farm. In the cow byre. In the stables. In the sheds. In the barns. When I went fishing on the lake they would follow my small rowing boat and swim around it. If anything spooked them they would run to me, for protection.
    They would greet me on a morning with their calls but God help any other animal that went near them. They would hiss and charge with their heads down. The wife wouldn't go near them.
    Yesterday was the day. Whilst preparing for the deed, the geese true to form followed me around. Watching me putting up rope from which they would hang. Watching me cut open the bottom of the feed bags in which they would lay. Watching me sharpen the axe.

I've killed many an animal and it always effects me but nothing like yesterday.
    It looks like Nut Roast for Christmas next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

P_1 wrote: »
    A look inside the Harp brewing lab:

250px-RedTickBrewery.jpg

Needs more dog

OldRio wrote: »
    Good grief I still feel bad about it.

We reared 2 geese for Christmas. 1 for the table and 1 for the freezer. They would follow me everywhere on the farm. In the cow byre. In the stables. In the sheds. In the barns. When I went fishing on the lake they would follow my small rowing boat and swim around it. If anything spooked them they would run to me, for protection.
    They would greet me on a morning with their calls but God help any other animal that went near them. They would hiss and charge with their heads down. The wife wouldn't go near them.
    Yesterday was the day. Whilst preparing for the deed, the geese true to form followed me around. Watching me putting up rope from which they would hang. Watching me cut open the bottom of the feed bags in which they would lay. Watching me sharpen the axe.

I've killed many an animal and it always effects me but nothing like yesterday.
    It looks like Nut Roast for Christmas next year.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this...especially as the end result is you eating your anserine friends on Christmas Day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭OldRio

I'm not quite sure what to make of this...especially as the end result is you eating your anserine friends on Christmas Day...

To not eat would be a further betrayal. (and I've done enough of that thank you very much):D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement