Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Speaking of beer, RIP WJ Kavanaghs :(

http://www.wjkavanaghs.com/

It being a bit out of my way, I didn't get to it as often as I'd have liked, but they always seemed to have a more adventurous selection than the Galway Bay bars. Does that mean L. Mulligans is the only bar to get the McGraths range in now?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

See what happens when you all bicker over the interpros? You break the internet.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We've lost all post since about 6:30am.

Presumably this means anyone infracted for a post between then and now has got a reprieve. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Buer wrote: »
    See what happens when you all bicker over the interpros? You break the internet.

Well, the internet's safe for another while then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Buer wrote: »

We heard you the first time :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

awec wrote: »
    We've lost all post since about 6:30am.

Presumably this means anyone infracted for a post between then and now has got a reprieve. :pac:

There goes my chance to call awec a silly billy*

*insert insult that would actually get me in trouble :p

Jaysus lads (and ladettes). There's no charter stickied. Go to town while you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Due to the lack of boards.ie to distract me from work (I have no life! :( ) I got sucked into this http://clickingbad.nullism.com/

I feel irresponsible even posting that link

Due to the lack of boards.ie to distract me from work (I have no life! :( ) I got sucked into this http://clickingbad.nullism.com/

I feel irresponsible even posting that link

Been playing that for ages!

clicking.png

haha, I threw some JS together to aid and abet me in my quest for drug lord supremacy.

~200 clicks a second :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Similar to this http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

I had a VM in work running it for weeks...

I'm trying to limit the NFL posts but WOOOOOOOO GO 9ERS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Just noticed Carlin Isles signed for the Lions. Interesting to see if he'll be able to make their full roster for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Had all four of my wisdom teeth out this morning and now i've a jaw that would rival Jamie Roberts... wasn't as bad an ordeal as i though it would be. On the mashed potato-yogurt-soup diet now tho :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

RoundBox11 wrote: »
    Had all four of my wisdom teeth out this morning and now i've a jaw that would rival Jamie Roberts... wasn't as bad an ordeal as i though it would be. On the mashed potato-yogurt-soup diet now tho :(

Christ that is tough going right there.

Beer would be counted as part of a liquid diet!!

tough few days ahead, I'd mine out last March, all 4 too.

There will be no pain at all from tomorrow onwards, just an utter inability to bite / chew anything for 6-8 days.

Got a liquidiser?

United getting bate again :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

United getting bate again :pac: :pac: :pac:

Moyes is starting to define "lame duck" coach. That 5 years or whatever it was contract he signed looks a long long way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

tough few days ahead, I'd mine out last March, all 4 too.

There will be no pain at all from tomorrow onwards, just an utter inability to bite / chew anything for 6-8 days.

Got a liquidiser?

Really? I'm lucky that it hasn't been too sore today, just uncomfortable really! I got the IV sedation which worked out well so i can't complain.

Yeah i'll be liquidizing everything in sight! I'm also lucky that i'm off until next week anyway.

Really? I'm lucky that it hasn't been too sore today, just uncomfortable really! I got the IV sedation which worked out well so i can't complain.

Yeah i'll be liquidizing everything in sight! I'm also lucky that i'm off until next week anyway.

Mine were all impacted, so I had to go under General Anesthetic at the hospital to have them out. Takes you a while to get away from the grogginess of it!

Greek Yoghurt was a godsend, mashed sweet potato & cream, apple sauce.

The only real discomfort is if you bite down on the gums or if anything 'catches' on the stitches. So be careful not to eat anything that might get stuck.

I had some tongue and cheek paralysis for about 3 weeks after, that was pretty scary but faded.
    Also, I looked like someone had smacked me in the jaw with a hurley for 2/3 days.

Other than that, grand sure!

• Advertisement

All of my wisdom teeth came down in the space of a week without any problems when I was about 20.

Just thought you'd all like to know.

Mine were all impacted, so I had to go under General Anesthetic at the hospital to have them out. Takes you a while to get away from the grogginess of it!

Greek Yoghurt was a godsend, mashed sweet potato & cream, apple sauce.

The only real discomfort is if you bite down on the gums or if anything 'catches' on the stitches. So be careful not to eat anything that might get stuck.

I had some tongue and cheek paralysis for about 3 weeks after, that was pretty scary but faded.
    Also, I looked like someone had smacked me in the jaw with a hurley for 2/3 days.

Other than that, grand sure!

Aye I've been under general anaesthetic 4 times this year - the day after it feels like you're quite hungover.

And when you initially wake up you feel absolutely hammered for about 5 minutes. Nurses must hear some amount of nonsense being talked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Aye I've been under general anaesthetic 4 times this year - the day after it feels like you're quite hungover.

And when you initially wake up you feel absolutely hammered for about 5 minutes. Nurses must hear some amount of nonsense being talked.

Last time I had a general I woke up in the recovery room beside a woman who had just had a c-section so she had her baby with her. Hearing a baby crying while that groggy was so unnerving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ha yeah, I was talking some absolute nonsense after my last surgery. There's also that horrible window that you have to go through as you wait for the anaesthetic to wear off before they can administer morphine. After having your leg split open and a load of nuts and bolts drilled into your bones you're in this limbo where you feel like, well, feel like somebody has split open your leg and drilled a load of nuts and bolts into your bones. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

My sister is a nurse and in no way a rugby fan (rebelling due to the fact that the rest of us are!) and she has a great story of Darce when he was in for surgery at one stage. She says that everyone wakes up looking like crap and talking all sorts of jibberish. Darce woke up looking no different to normal and just said "Hey, how's it going?". She's been a fan ever since. Of Darce that is, not rugby....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The power of the beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Was having a look at your blog Molloy. The layout is class, is it wordpress?

Was having a look at your blog Molloy. The layout is class, is it wordpress?

Aye that's wordpress. :)

• Advertisement

niceeee

what's the theme name?

"twentyfourteen"

http://wordpress.org/themes/twentyfourteen

niceeee

what's the theme name?

Cheers. It's Twenty Fourteen. I spent feckin' ages going through the different themes. There's some really great looking ones, but trying to find that balance between the look and the usability was a bit of a pain in the arse. I'm happy enough with how it's turned out though.

I spend a lot of time fixing broken wordpress sites. If anything goes wrong let me know!

Also expect a hacking and a viciously pro-PRL article to appear!

I spend a lot of time fixing broken wordpress sites. If anything goes wrong let me know!

Also expect a hacking and a viciously pro-PRL article to appear!

Haha! I look forward to it. Although what's there already may surprise in that sense. :D

I haven't gone beyond the web interface yet, and probably won't as there's not much need to really so it should be pretty stable....hopefully. Or am I in for a few nasty surprises!?

I work of word press for work, we've a custom designed theme that i tried to go messing with via the style sheet one day. Never again.....

• Advertisement

I work of word press for work, we've a custom designed theme that i tried to go messing with via the style sheet one day. Never again.....

I hear you. For as much as I should be good at that stuff, I'm really not.... :o

molloyjh wrote: »
    Haha! I look forward to it. Although what's there already may surprise in that sense. :D

I haven't gone beyond the web interface yet, and probably won't as there's not much need to really so it should be pretty stable....hopefully. Or am I in for a few nasty surprises!?

Nah, you should be absolutely fine. Keep it up to date and only use decent plugins which are also kept up to date. Thats the only real upkeep needed for Wordpress. None of the scripts should need touching, unless the server has a specifically strange setup or you want to do something like use SMTP mail instead of php mail().

I haven't seen it yet because signatures don't show on touch.boards.ie and I can't find the link!

Nah, you should be absolutely fine. Keep it up to date and only use decent plugins which are also kept up to date. Thats the only real upkeep needed for Wordpress. None of the scripts should need touching, unless the server has a specifically strange setup or you want to do something like use SMTP mail instead of php mail().

I haven't seen it yet because signatures don't show on touch.boards.ie and I can't find the link!

http://rugbywaffle.wordpress.com

Nice! An "editorial" section too :pac:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/07/off-his-trolley-man-sentenced-after-trying-to-have-sex-with-a-buffet-cart-4253357/

"A train traveller who had devoured a cocktail of legal highs and alcohol was arrested after trying to have sex with a drinks trolley."

"Andrew Davidson was seen humping the trolley while shouting ‘I want to kiss you, I want to f*** you’."

"According to fiscal dispute Jim Eodanable, he also fell on to his face and began rubbing his chest, sticking his tongue out and yelling about what he wanted to do to his boyfriend."

Well, I'm sure he feels like crawling under a rock...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Well, I'm sure he feels like crawling under a rock...

I doubt the rock would be too enthused about that.

Ah it's on wordpress.com, then you'll have no trouble at all. If you ever think of hosting it elsewhere (if you want rugbywaffle.ie for example!) then I can tell you how to do that, surprisingly easy to do!

Ah it's on wordpress.com, then you'll have no trouble at all. If you ever think of hosting it elsewhere (if you want rugbywaffle.ie for example!) then I can tell you how to do that, surprisingly easy to do!

Yeah was thinking of it, but decided not to go to the expense of hosting until I know whether I'm going to keep it going or not. If I do I'll probably look to get my own domain name all right. Cheers.

How come thermostats are so fcuking confusing?

I have been staring blankly at the manual and my thermostat for ages, can't figure out how to tell the heating to come on for an hour in the morning. :mad:

Did anyone else see the news about the former Miss Venezuela and her ex-husband getting killed during car-jacking? I worked with a girl once who was part Venezuelan and half crazy (in a good sort of way). Anyway, she told a story from a hospital she worked in back home. Carjackings are rife, and usually it involves the guys hopping in the back and putting a gun to the driver's head and telling him where to go etc. Anyway, drivers often get so nervous they crash apparently. So one day this surgical reg heads away in his car. The guys jump in, but tell him to sit in the back while they drive off, not wanting him to crash the car with nerves. As they drive off, he calmly pulls out a gun, shoots the 2 assailants dead, drives back to the hospital, dumps the 2 guys in the morgue, cleans the car...and drives off. So he wasn't so nervous as they expected after all.

1. Delighted with Sunderland's victory over Man Utd, well-deserved imo... if Sunderland won a cup, that would pretty much make my year! Only an all-conquering City and a trip to Old Trafford in the way :eek::(:eek:

2. And I've been tinkering with a blog of my own for a while, but I don't really want to publish stuff until I've got the layout and heading right. I have absolutely no artistic skills, does anyone have an idea of the best theme to use and a way to just have the name of the blog, and maybe a little subtext without looking absolutely shít??

Fireball07 wrote: »
    1. Delighted with Sunderland's victory over Man Utd, well-deserved imo... if Sunderland won a cup, that would pretty much make my year! Only an all-conquering City and a trip to Old Trafford in the way :eek::(:eek:

2. And I've been tinkering with a blog of my own for a while, but I don't really want to publish stuff until I've got the layout and heading right. I have absolutely no artistic skills, does anyone have an idea of the best theme to use and a way to just have the name of the blog, and maybe a little subtext without looking absolutely shít??

You on Wordpress or Blogger?

Nigel Owens coming up on Newstalk now: http://www.newstalk.ie/player/

Scratch that, their live stream is completely failing for me and others.

You on Wordpress or Blogger?

Wordpress.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement