Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Deus Ex is one of the best games i've ever played, great stroy and hugely immersive world....bear in mind it must be almost 15 years old at this stage tho!

Shouldn't matter... a good game is a good game, no matter it's age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Shouldn't matter... a good game is a good game, no matter it's age.

I'm of the same mind, I suppose some poeple might be used to next gen graphics and find it hard to get into!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

That's why games that don't rely on graphics edge better. Recently replayed earthworm Jim and it's edged well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Worms don't have any edges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Has anyone seen those #neknominations that have gone viral recently? They are flooding my facebook with unfunny macho lads attempting comedy. I can't take any more cringe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Grimebox wrote: »
    Has anyone seen those #neknominations that have gone viral recently? They are flooding my facebook with unfunny macho lads attempting comedy. I can't take any more cringe

It reminds me of Geordie Shore or something. Sooner it disappears the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

A big congratulations go out tonight to Kris Meeke who finished 3rd in the Monte Carlo round of the world rally championship.

Kris lived a couple of miles from me back home and was a few years younger than me at school. Proud to say i know him, his dad and brother well. Unfortunately his mum passed away a good few years ago but whatever you believe or don't believe in, i'm sure she is/would be very proud of him tonight!!

*raises glass*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

1553156_570630673017875_1454413215_o.jpg

Timing of this shot is utterly amazing. It really makes you appreciate how much amateur players put themselves through.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Shouldn't have put his head there. #welshrugby

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Worst penalty shootout I've ever seen there in the United game.

4 off target and 2 piss poor ones. Never mind professionals getting paid 80/90 grand a week - if someone playing football with me for a laugh put a penalty over the fudging bar they'd get terrible abuse for it.

Unreal.

Worst penalty shootout I've ever seen there in the United game.

4 off target and 2 piss poor ones. Never mind professionals getting paid 80/90 grand a week - if someone playing football with me for a laugh put a penalty over the fudging bar they'd get terrible abuse for it.

Unreal.

I'm crying tears of happiness.

I am so so so happy... I love cup football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Seems boards had the perfect storm of grieving/celebrating ManU fans/ABU's combined with a hoard of folk angry at a TV show on RTE this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

P_1 wrote: »
    Seems boards had the perfect storm of grieving/celebrating ManU fans/ABU's combined with a hoard of folk angry at a TV show on RTE this evening...

I am none of these people. I feel like I've missed something. What happened on RTE? :D

molloyjh wrote: »
    I am none of these people. I feel like I've missed something. What happened on RTE? :D

The finale of a much advertised TV show that a lot of folk didn't enjoy and seemingly were quite keen to express said dissatisfaction about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

The finale of a much advertised TV show that a lot of folk didn't enjoy and seemingly were quite keen to express said dissatisfaction about...

Anyone that watches "irish drama" on RTE deserves to have a lot of unhappiness in their life

Yeah I've since seen some of the frustration on Facebook.
    Apparently you don't find out what happened to Amber.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

BeqXJI6CQAATmfA.jpg

In Limerick to film Garda Niamh Briggs at work. Just over a week until start of women's team GS defence

Haha the Monitor :D

There's disk failures, network cables getting that little bit too frayed and there's... burying the whole lot in concrete.

http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011/

• Advertisement

dregin wrote: »
    There's disk failures, network cables getting that little bit too frayed and there's... burying the whole lot in concrete.

http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011/

Surely that must be as part of some protest/dispute because I really can't picture anyone being that incompetent.

Surely that must be as part of some protest/dispute because I really can't picture anyone being that incompetent.

Apparently not - contractors working on a room above it didn't realise there was a gap in the floor.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone watching the Vegas 7s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Anyone watching the Vegas 7s?

Back in the day I'd watch 7s but the tournaments have become a dime a dozen and the interest has waned. If I was having a yarn with some mates over a few beers and it was on in the background i wouldn't object but I wouldn't set my alarm clock for it.

So a long answer to say no I'm not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

This day last week I was off from work so went to the gym during the day. Did a leg session and following my deadlifts I started feeling sick. Ended up leaving and puking at home. Thought it was the weights but since then I've had a high fever, nausea, and as of Friday, confirmed tonsillitis

I've been on the antibiotics since Saturday and they've yet to kick in. I've lost about a stone due to having no appetite and I've been forced to work sick since Thursday

It's gotten to the stage where I'm just angry at my bad luck! I was collapsed on the couch last night, fever running high and unable to find the remote. Dancing on Ice was stuck on the television and I couldn't switch it so I just found myself shouting at the television!

Ireland game to look forward to next Sunday at least, decent tickets too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

This day last week I was off from work so went to the gym during the day. Did a leg session and following my deadlifts I started feeling sick. Ended up leaving and puking at home. Thought it was the weights but since then I've had a high fever, nausea, and as of Friday, confirmed tonsillitis

I've been on the antibiotics since Saturday and they've yet to kick in. I've lost about a stone due to having no appetite and I've been forced to work sick since Thursday

It's gotten to the stage where I'm just angry at my bad luck! I was collapsed on the couch last night, fever running high and unable to find the remote. Dancing on Ice was stuck on the television and I couldn't switch it so I just found myself shouting at the television!

Ireland game to look forward to next Sunday at least, decent tickets too

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. The best thing for you to do is to stay in bed for at least two weeks.

Now, about those tickets.

:D

Found out yesterday that I managed to get tickets to all 3 games so happy out! :)

I've never actually been to a 6N game (generally for financial reasons) but I'm going to the game in Paris this year. Can't wait.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I've never actually been to a 6N game (generally for financial reasons) but I'm going to the game in Paris this year. Can't wait.

Last one I was at was the Wales game at Croke Park in 2010. Was standing up the very back of the hill for it.

• Advertisement

Might tip along myself to a game or 2 this year. Wife works in IT and seems to have contacts galore....taking a group of lads to the scotland game with pints and grub before it. She wants me to stay at home and look after kids - good luck with that. I'll be tagging along as a "special advisor" (she's incredibly good looking so i've to make sure no one tries it on with her!!)....anyone want to look after 3 kids this weekend?

mfceiling wrote: »
    Might tip along myself to a game or 2 this year. Wife works in IT and seems to have contacts galore....taking a group of lads to the scotland game with pints and grub before it. She wants me to stay at home and look after kids - good luck with that. I'll be tagging along as a "special advisor" (she's incredibly good looking so i've to make sure no one tries it on with her!!)....anyone want to look after 3 kids this weekend?

:pac:

Get yourself a ticket and go! Leave the kids with the mother in law or something.

No, but if you're desperate I'll go and look after your wife.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    No, but if you're desperate I'll go and look after your wife.

It's the feckers that she's taking to the game that i don't trust!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

It's the feckers that she's taking to the game that i don't trust!!

I promise to be a perfect gentleman......well....almost perfect!

Good on ya mate

That's the Kiwi spirit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Good on ya mate

That's the Kiwi spirit!
    New Zealander James Grant stabs predator with a knife to get free, swims ashore, sutures wounds and goes to pub for a beer

Greatest headline I've ever seen

Going to have a cracking 6N I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Jamie and Howard both gone in a matter of days. I know that feel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

I blame the seagulls

I was always waiting for that moment to ask "How would you know, Howard Juneau?", and now it's a missed opportunity :(

I expect both will reappear, not that I have any experience in this area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Picture of BOD on RTE website http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/2014/0128/500754-odriscoll-hails-schmidt-as-crucial-to-success/ makes him look like Beaker from the Muppets!!! :p

1uwx.jpg

I don't quite understand people closing accounts tbh. Yeah grand don't log on for a while and give the place a wide berth, but you don't have to close your account to do that.

I don't quite understand people closing accounts tbh. Yeah grand don't log on for a while and give the place a wide berth, but you don't have to close your account to do that.

Yeah, me neither.

I just hope we don't lose what good posters we do have :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Sounds like you don't have an issue with will power. The lengths I have gone to keep my head in the books is outrageous

Grimebox wrote: »
    Sounds like you don't have an issue with will power. The lengths I have gone to keep my head in the books is outrageous

No I just don't have a problem with procrastination! :p

Great result for Liverpool tonight. :)

awec wrote: »
    Great result for Liverpool tonight. :)

Aye. Wasn't expecting that at all, really expected a draw.

Lots of red cards tonight- McGregor, Remy (hahahha), Johnson, Flamini.

Another win for Palace, Pulis continues his good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Sometimes people just like a change....you never know...they may still be around ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement