Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I went to bed at half time.

I waited until the td at the start of the 3rd quarter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

awec wrote: »
    Pretty hungover today I think. :(

Head is banging and it hurts to look at my monitors.

For some reason I thought this said "It hurts to look at my mirrors...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is the Superbowl worth watching back, I couldn't see it live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Not really tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Total blowout, very little drama. Watch some extended highlights instead of the full game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Is there any highlights out there of just the play alone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

33ad52.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

ssaye2 wrote: »

And I thought the SuperBowl Horse was odd

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/buckfast-tonic-wine-most-popular-alcoholic-drink-in-lurgan-29972797.html

This is where I'm from. :D

"Buckfast Tonic Wine now accounts for a quarter of all booze sold in Lurgan off-licences."

"in one supermarket it's second only to milk in popularity."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/buckfast-tonic-wine-most-popular-alcoholic-drink-in-lurgan-29972797.html

"Buckfast Tonic Wine now accounts for a quarter of all booze sold in Lurgan off-licences."

Ita still better than harp! Stay classy Lurgan! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Bucky on cornflakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Da Fuc did I just see (apparently this was a local super bowl ad)

Pilfered from YLYL -

henson.png

That Mourinho / Billy the masseuse thing is class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Where I work one lady goes manic with the loyalty stamps. Today it was 1 latte and 6 stamps. Sadly she's off to work in the oireachtas, where I'm sure such corruption will be swiftly extinguished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sochi toilet rules as tweeted by snowboarder Sebastien Toutant:

BfYN6ojIMAAHfkR.jpg

All the pub talk on the other thread got me thirsty... I meant thinking. What do you look for in a pub? Been to any new pubs you like recently?

I got into P Macs off Drury st for the first time the other night, have to say I'm a big fan. Great beer, old school vibe, great atmosphere, really comfy, proper old school snugs yet the place is still very new and 'trendy'. No two seats are the same and all the tables are big communal slabs of wood. At night the place is barely lit with old candles around the place, and there's oldschool board games and old school sweets knocking around for free (stinger bars and gobstoppers etc). Savage music too. Will defo be making more visits there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

.ak wrote: »
    All the pub talk on the other thread got me thirsty... I meant thinking. What do you look for in a pub? Been to any new pubs you like recently?

I got into P Macs off Drury st for the first time the other night, have to say I'm a big fan. Great beer, old school vibe, great atmosphere, really comfy, proper old school snugs yet the place is still very new and 'trendy'. No two seats are the same and all the tables are big communal slabs of wood. At night the place is barely lit with old candles around the place, and there's oldschool board games and old school sweets knocking around for free (stinger bars and gobstoppers etc). Savage music too. Will defo be making more visits there.

hmmm good question.

I love the Porterhouse in Temple Bar. Always lively and has a great selection of real beer. Not to mention that you're guaranteed to get some lose American tourists in there most nights

reminds me of the Irish bars I used to drink in during my time in Spain. Like wasps to jam

Jesus that sounds a bit creepy!

Although I live in Naas I don't often go out there, if I do it's to Graces

Side question: Where's the best burger in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

hmmm good question.

I love the Porterhouse in Temple Bar. Always lively and has a great selection of real beer. Not to mention that you're guaranteed to get some lose American tourists in there most nights

reminds me of the Irish bars I used to drink in during my time in Spain. Like wasps to jam

I've only been to Bobos and the Aussie BBQ, the Aussie BBQ is really good! The Great White is quite a feed. :D

http://aussiebbq.ie/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Typically, old man pubs - the whole thing built from wood, no music, good guinness and a raging fire when required.

Oh and the TV is exclusively for rugby.

Always good if the toilets are so close to outside that every trip out to them is a rude awakening :D

I'm really just describing the royal oak.

In town, I generally head to Mulligans.

Heading to P Macs in a couple of weeks and looking forward to it. I just wish more places took The Thomas House's approach to craft beer and didn't insist on charging an arm and a leg for em - pint bottles are 5.50 in there. Can't go too far wrong with that!

There's a Gentlemen's Club beers in P Macs on Friday night, I'll report back after it!

hmmm good question.

Bunsen Burger for a hommage to the absolute classic, or Jo Burger if you like big burgers with loads of stuff on them.

Best burger is Bunsen Burger. By a long way.

There's a Gentlemen's Club beers in P Macs on Friday night, I'll report back after it!

You'll enjoy it! I went to meet a few friends there, turns out they had already left to go to grogans, but I ended up staying by myself in pmacs for a few and ended up chatting to some randomers. Great place.

• Advertisement

Get's good reviews aye. If you fancy pints come along! It's not the fedora wearing, pipe smoking, smoking jacket wearing type of affair that "gentlemen's club beers" would imply.

.ak wrote: »
    Bunsen Burger for a hommage to the absolute classic, or Jo Burger if you like big burgers with loads of stuff on them.

Just don't ask for Ketchup in Jo Burger. I unwittingly asked Jo himself for some and he gave me an angry rant about why ketchup is for the great unwashed masses. A simple no would have sufficed :o

Grimebox wrote: »
    Just don't ask for Ketchup in Jo Burger. I unwittingly asked Jo himself for some and he gave me an angry rant about why ketchup is for the great unwashed masses. A simple no would have sufficed :o

Jo likes any excuse for a rant.

Can't have a burger without ketchup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Which is ****ing stupid. If your customers want ketchup you should just give them bloody ketchup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

A burger without ketchup is just wrong. Just plain wrong.

There was a form of ketchup made out of real tomatoes etc. but simply wasn't what I was looking for. In fact, I didn't realise it was ketchup at first judgin from its consistency

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I suppose if the texture of the burger itself is moist it could work out very very well.

Sometimes the ketchup takes over the taste of the burger.

A slice of beetroot and a fried egg on a burger is delicious!

The best burger I've ever had (and I'm a bit of an expert here...) is the Black Label burger in Minetta Tavern, NYC. Words can't describe how perfect it was, an absolute thing of beauty.

It doesn't come with ketchup and whilst they don't deny you ketchup they suggest you try if without it. It definitely doesn't need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I suppose if the texture of the burger itself is moist it could work out very very well.

Sometimes the ketchup takes over the taste of the burger.

A slice of beetroot and a fried egg on a burger is delicious!

Sounds like the Kiwiburger is just what you need CatFromHue

Not a fan of any of his places. You'll find one of poor food, rubbish staff or deafening music in each of em. No interest in it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Anyone who has said Bunsen is the best burger in Dublin needs to seek medical attention for their taste buds. An exceptionally average burger at utterly outrageous prices. I've went twice and been disappointed twice. I've also had to take out a mortgage to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

This is a Jo Burger?!
    JoBurger225.jpg

It's just stupid. If you have to stick a spike in it to keep it together, you've gone too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Hagz wrote: »
    This is a Jo Burger?!
    JoBurger225.jpg

It's just stupid. If you have to stick a spike in it to keep it together, you've gone too far.

I have to say, as ridiculous as that looks, I would destroy that right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I despise burgers that you can't actually eat like a proper god damn burger.

• Advertisement

There are loads of different types of burgers you can get and you pick your bun etc.

Personally the burger and bun is too much for me, especially if you get it with chips. It's impossible to keep it together while eating it and it's damn hard to open your mouth wide enough to get it in. It's a bit OTT.

The bread makes it too filling too, so I usually get it with no bun.

Though on the subject of burgers I got a burger at Landsdowne on Sunday (6 fcuking 50 for a burger) and it was still red in the middle. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I missed all this good talk. Brew Dog in Camden in London is a great pub. Great beer, great atmosphere and most importantly great service.

A burger is a wee bit of meat between two lumps of bread.

Teferi wrote: »
    Anyone who has said Bunsen is the best burger in Dublin needs to seek medical attention for their taste buds. An exceptionally average burger at utterly outrageous prices. I've went twice and been disappointed twice. I've also had to take out a mortgage to pay for it.

Ah I think they're great. The meat is fantastic, and the bun is great. It has a slightly NYC street vendor dirtiness to it but with all the taste of a great blend of quality cuts. If you've been disappointed twice I'd say you've been unlucky twice!

It is overpriced though.

I missed all this good talk. Brew Dog in Camden in London is a great pub. Great beer, great atmosphere and most importantly great service.

A burger is a wee bit of meat between two lumps of bread.

Yeah love brew dog pubs.

I picked up a voucher the other day for Roly's in Ballsbridge. Any of you eaten there?

What's it like?

I picked up a voucher the other day for Roly's in Ballsbridge. Any of you eaten there?

What's it like?

Been there a few times. It's nice, but it's typical d4 bistro that lives off its name a bit, they will kill you with extras and ****. But generally the food is simple and very good quality. Recommend the prawn bisque to start! Mains are seasonal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

What's it like?

Roly's is the business. It's posh without being over bearing....nice table linen with heavy cutlery.

The food is lovely...not at all pretentious and a decent menu...think of food you'd get at your granny's!! Big thumbs up from me - been there a good few times.

On the burger question, if you look up lovindublin in google they have loads of top "number" lists of every type of food in Dublin....great little website.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Queenstown. Fergburger. That is all.

Excellent, have vouchers to Roly's and SABA to use (haven't been to SABA either) over the next while :D

• Advertisement

Excellent, have vouchers to Roly's and SABA to use (haven't been to SABA either) over the next while :D

Saba is lovely. Try the squid for starter!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement