Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

dregin wrote: »
    Got one step in the door of Joe Burger @ 7 on Friday evening before almost having my ears ripped off by the blaring "music".

How the hell do people think this environment contributes to a good eating experience?

Turned tail and headed straight to GBK. Took awec's bunless burger approach... it's only then that you realise how much is actually packed into the doubler burgers >_<

awec wrote: »
    Yep, with a bun is too much. The bread just ends up filling you up.

I'm on a diet so feck off the pair of you!!!!

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm on a diet so feck off the pair of you!!!!

We can talk about all the lovely lettuce and stuff if you'd prefer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

TGIF's is one of my favorite eateries

Jesus the sauce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Really? Always thought TGIF was quite poor over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

.ak wrote: »
    For what you get it is.

Eddie rockets on the other hand............

We can talk about all the lovely lettuce and stuff if you'd prefer?

I haven't stuped that low yet!!!!

I haven't stuped that low yet!!!!

:D

A good salad is great!

I've never had it anywhere else so can't really judge but I'm practically dooling all over my keyboard reminiscing about the sweet potato fries and jack daniels burger I had in the Belfast one a few weeks ago!

I've never had it anywhere else so can't really judge but I'm practically dooling all over my keyboard reminiscing about the sweet potato fries and jack daniels burger I had in the Belfast one a few weeks ago!

Ah, the Belfast one is probably better than the Dublin one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Ah here lads. I'm in a place where its impossible to find a good burger and even harder to find ingredients good enough to make a good burger. Its upsetting :( Everywhere I go lately its all about burgers. Seems like theyre the microbrew craze of the food world right now with all the groumet places popping up.

chupacabra wrote: »
    Ah here lads. I'm in a place where its impossible to find a good burger and even harder to find ingredients good enough to make a good burger. Its upsetting :( Everywhere I go lately its all about burgers. Seems like theyre the microbrew craze of the food world right now with all the groumet places popping up.

Kerry?

I'd highly recommend the GBK for a nice burger !

Some GBKs are good some aren't. I like the one on South William.

A good salad is great on top of a burger!

FYP.

Damn it, the world's skinnest man is making a mockery of my diet:pac:

Some GBKs are good some aren't. I like the one on South William.

Had the one in Swords not long ago.

Mother of god it was impressive !

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    Had the one in Swords not long ago.

Mother of god it was impressive !

Only eat there were it originally opened and found it to be very disappointing.

Home made burgers FTW though

FYP.

Damn it, the world's skinnest man is making a mockery of my diet:pac:

A lot of people swear by that milkshake diet thing. Where you just drink milkshakes all day.

Maybe one Ryvita, but plain with nothing on it.

Christ I'm hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

chupacabra wrote: »

I managed to find a half decent burger here in Ghana over the weekend! I was pleasantly surprised, especially after drooling over some of the discussions here during the week and the images posted. Ghana isn't exactly known for its prime beef/western cuisine!

I managed to find a half decent burger here in Ghana over the weekend! I was pleasantly surprised, especially after drooling over some of the discussions here during the week and the images posted. Ghana isn't exactly known for its prime beef/western cuisine!

What are you doing in Ghana if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

I make my own burgers.

Mince, teaspoon of wholegrain mustard, dash of Worcester sauce and a dash of ale.

Totes amazeballs :)

A lot of people swear by that milkshake diet thing. Where you just drink milkshakes all day.

Maybe one Ryvita, but plain with nothing on it.

I've actually started Slimming World and lost two stone.

I'm eating more and losing weight with minimal effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I make my own burgers.

Mince, teaspoon of wholegrain mustard, dash of Worcester sauce and a dash of ale.

Throw in some cream crackers and you're done I reckon. That Jamie Oliver fella has his uses.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yep, with a bun is too much. The bread just ends up filling you up.

In fairness I'd say the ketchp alone would nearly fill you up, Awec. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I make my own burgers.

Thanks in advance for bringing said burgers to the next boardsie meetup.

MugMugs wrote: »
    I've actually started Slimming World and lost two stone.

I'm eating more and losing weight with minimal effort.

slightly off topic but if you are losing that much weight make sure you are doing some sort of weights exercise to maintain as much lean mass as possible.

What are you doing in Ghana if you don't mind me asking?

I'm helping an NGO out with some research, basically.

It's not a bad place to live at all - I've been able to stream rugby every weekend, so that's been pretty awesome!

I make my own burgers.

then add some lightly fried mushrooms and onions with a grilled bun with melted cheese on it and some grilled bacon

Mushrooms are devil food, at least on burgers. They have absolutely no place there. Remove them heathen.

A big whack of (non-melted) cheddar cheese, extra mature if possible. And a load of red sauce. Onions are ok, so long as they are not fried.

Mushrooms are devil food, at least on burgers. They have absolutely no place there. Remove them heathen.

A big whack of (non-melted) cheddar cheese, extra mature if possible. And a load of red sauce. Onions are ok, so long as they are not fried.

slice of bacon, onion ring, coleslaw, slice of tamato and a barbecue based sauce is what I put on my homemade burgers

• Advertisement

I'm a big fan of avacado, hot sauce and yogurt on mine lately.

are you pregnant?

are you pregnant?

I hope not. But these days you never know.

Mother of jesus! At least I'm not hungry anymore :D

slice of bacon, onion ring, coleslaw, slice of tamato and a barbecue based sauce is what I put on my homemade burgers

You've got me drooling now !

Mother of jesus! At least I'm not hungry anymore :D

It's a winner. Maybe I'm being too vague, but chop up some avacados, mix with salt, black pepper, coriander, cumin, lime juice, and mix with some yogurt, you can use sour cream also if you want but at that level they taste the same. Add some fresh chillis and garlic too if you want.

Top on a medium rare burger and finish with some hot sauce, encona hot pepper sauce is a winner. Few slices of crispy bacon too if you want!

what do ye eat for lunch at work?

I was cutting before Christmas so I had four solid months of two grilled chicken fillets, broccoli and hot sauce for lunch. Safe to say it got old very quickly

These days I've a bowl of cully and scully soup with a chicken stuffing sandwich on brown with lettuce, tomatoes and bacon

I have whatever is on the menu in work. :D

Avocado is nice btw. I think Cian Healy must have some sort of avocado addiction, if you look at his instagram he is always putting up pictures of his meals and he seems to take avocado with everything. Would not be surprised if he cut it up into his cornflakes.

Avacado and bacon and egg whites for breakfast. Nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

It's a winner. Maybe I'm being too vague, but chop up some avacados, mix with salt, black pepper, coriander, cumin, lime juice, and mix with some yogurt, you can use sour cream also if you want but at that level they taste the same. Add some fresh chillis and garlic too if you want.

Top on a medium rare burger and finish with some hot sauce, encona hot pepper sauce is a winner. Few slices of crispy bacon too if you want!

Definitely pregnant.

For lunch I generally have a chicken breast and raw veggies. If I'm training later I'll have some grains with that, cous cous or rice or maybe some pasta.

What the f***?!

I'm starting to wonder about you, a.k. Starting to have some real misgivings.

Has the pregnancy started to affect your hips yet .ak?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Lunch recently has more often than not been a Mile High Club sandwich from The Pig & Heifer. Murderous altogether, but NYOM NYOM NYOM!!!

what do ye eat for lunch at work?

stew, rice less curries, chicken fillets with onion and peppers or beef. Then pumpkins seeds, mixed nuts, yoghurts, odd bit of fruit or avocados.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

What the f***?!

What do they eat in Ghana by the way?

What the f***?!

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Have none of you tried guacamole on your burger? Cuz it's basically the same thing.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    What do they eat in Ghana by the way?

Well for lunch these days I'm quite often going for fufu, with groundnut (peanut) soup and chicken/guinea fowl. It's actually quite delicious when it's made well, but I am kind of obsessed with peanut butter normally so maybe that's why I appreciate it. It looks something like this - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Fufu.jpg - but often the fufu is in the bowl with the soup. You eat it with your hand!

There are a few other nice local meals, like 'Red Red', which is plantain (banana) with beans cooked with red palm oil and usually has some meat with it too. Then some that aren't so appetising... (bushmeat, such as rats, are a delicacy).

But there are a few hotels/restaurants around where you can get western/foreign meals as well, even though I'm in a relatively rural city up north.

Have none of you tried guacamole on your burger? Cuz it's basically the same thing.

In fairness, yes I've had guac on a burger, and it was quite good. And I do love avocados.

In fact, avocado and mango season has just begun here, so I'm pretty much living the dream right now.

never had the guac on my burger. Like avocado but don't think im a massive fan of the guac.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement