Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Bulldozers out. Best I've seen it all year😂😂 pic.twitter.com/jRR2Uytulk David Denton

BjkrBsHIEAA3m6s.jpg

Anyway? :pac:

847923.jpg

INPHO_00791968.jpg

After meeting Darce on Second Captains going for it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

ssaye2 wrote: »
    http://www.thescore.ie/barbarians-england-xv-june-twickenham-1379869-Mar2014/

I know loads love/hate the baabaas so this just in
    Barbarians (v England XV): James O’Connor (London Irish, Australia), Drew Mitchell (Toulon, Australia), Hosea Gear (Toulouse, New Zealand), Sitiveni Sivivatu (Clermont, New Zealand), Aurélien Rougerie (Clermont, France), Rene Ranger (Montpellier, France), Matt Giteau (Toulon, Australia), François Trinh Duc (Montpellier, France), Jimmy Cowan (Gloucester, New Zealand)
    Steffon Armitage (Toulon, England), Julien Bonnaire (Clermont, France), Ali Williams (Toulon, New Zealand), Carl Hayman (Toulon, New Zealand), John Afoa (Ulster, New Zealand).

England have an unmerciful schedule lined up of 5 games in 3 weeks.

Sat 31 May Aviva Final
    Sun 1 June BaaBaa in London
    Sat 7 June NZ in Auckland
    Sat 14 June NZ in Dunedin
    Tue 17 June Crusaders ChCh
    Sat 21 June NZ in Hamilton

Remember if you leave at 8am on Monday morning you don't to NZ until Tuesday night so there'll prob only be 1 training session between the BaaBaa game and the first test!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

CatFromHue wrote: »
    England have an unmerciful schedule lined up of 5 games in 3 weeks.

Sat 31 May Aviva Final
    Sun 1 June BaaBaa in London
    Sat 7 June NZ in Auckland
    Sat 14 June NZ in Dunedin
    Tue 17 June Crusaders ChCh
    Sat 21 June NZ in Hamilton

Remember if you leave at 8am on Monday morning you don't to NZ until Tuesday night so there'll prob only be 1 training session between the BaaBaa game and the first test!

it's an England XV against the baabaas so god only knows who is playing and I's day all first team players will already be on a plane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

It seems from the article that it is more likely to be an England Saxons team than the first team.

847948.jpg

He is the letter M in this dance/move :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Where are they training?

It looks like a peoples park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Where are they training?

They may be eating mushrooms with Karl Marx!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Where are they training?

Mardyke

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

United looking like they're going to take another good tanking tonight. :)

awec wrote: »
    United looking like they're going to take another good tanking tonight. :)

Har har! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Har har! :pac:

The Sword of Damocles is hanging by a thread over the head of Moyes...

Almost getting to the pity stage...but not quite yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Tonight's album from my youth is Play by Moby. Don't think I've listened to it in over a decade. Great album that I was utterly fed up of a couple of years after it was released such was the saturation of the songs on it. Even now, I hear a song and I suddenly want a cup of Maxwell House. Some great tunes on it though. South Side is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Buer wrote: »
    Tonight's album from my youth is Play by Moby. Don't think I've listened to it in over a decade. Great album that I was utterly fed up of a couple of years after it was released such was the saturation of the songs on it. Even now, I hear a song and I suddenly want a cup of Maxwell House. Some great tunes on it though. South Side is brilliant.

I got back into him about a year ago. I had a lecturer who was the spits of him so naturally I listened to Moby while doing his assignments. There are some serious classics on that album

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »

I spent a year in France and the hit songs in France that year were "killing me softly" and that horrible Macarena thing. Like a Pavlovian dog I think of France whenever either are played. Luckily the Macarena pretty rarely these days.

I don't think I ever heard South Side on the radio.......now Feeling so Real I do

So, who knew today was National Cleavage Day?

Goddamn it! That means I've only got 25 minutes to go out and find some amazing diddies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

luckily all i have to do is look down and ive fulfilled national cleavage day

im not a woman :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Yesterday was also Quirky Country Music Song Title day

including such classics as

I still miss you baby, but my aims getting better

She thinks my tractors sexy

Everytime I itch, I end up scratching you

She made toothpicks out of the timber of my heart

and who could forget

You're the reason our kids are so ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

chupacabra wrote: »
    any fans?

I'm a bit of a fan. Went to see them in The Point a few years ago and they put on a great show. Must start giving them a listen again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

BBDBB wrote: »
    Yesterday was also Quirky Country Music Song Title day

including such classics as

I still miss you baby, but my aims getting better

She thinks my tractors sexy

Everytime I itch, I end up scratching you

She made toothpicks out of the timber of my heart

and who could forget

You're the reason our kids are so ugly

Are these real? I feel a playlist coming on!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

dregin wrote: »
    Are these real? I feel a playlist coming on!

Awwww, bit disappointed that it's not :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

These are my favourite country lyrics ever
    There once was a poodle who thought he was a cowboy,
    But he lived in a cage the size of his thumb
    And, though his white horse was a box of toothpicks,
    He galloped around until hit by a car
    Sometimes I flap my arms like a hummingbird just to remind myself I'll never fly
    Sometimes I burn my arms with cigarettes just to pretend I won't scream when I die
    Sometimes I can't wait to come down with cancer
    At least then I'll get to watch tv all day
    And on my deathbed I'll get all the answers even if all my questions are taken away
    If my life was as long as the moon's,
    I'd still be jealous of the sun
    If my life lasted only one day,
    I'd still be drunk by noon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

what idiot picked a date not in summer for National cleavage day?

Sadly, from living in Ireland, I'd say whatever day was picked would be hit and miss for sunshine.

Not sure whether to put this :mad: or this :( or this :confused: or this :pac:

The weather is just as indecisive too...

Well, you'd have to imagine that nobody would need encouragement to strip down a bit on an actual warm day. NCD in the early Spring at least leaves an opportunity for some exposition that would not normall be expected on a nippy morning, and the perks that go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Like a Pavlovian dog I think of France whenever either are played. Luckily the Macarena pretty rarely these days.

Spoken like a true Kiwi.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Sadly, from living in Ireland, I'd say whatever day was picked would be hit and miss for sunshine.

Not sure whether to put this :mad: or this :( or this :confused: or this :pac:

The weather is just as indecisive too...

Yeah, it would be much more successful here. I'm currently sat outside being forced to look at this as my view. Life is tough.

ejxh.jpg

ro2g.jpg

Well, you'd have to imagine that nobody would need encouragement to strip down a bit on an actual warm day. NCD in the early Spring at least leaves an opportunity for some exposition that would not normall be expected on a nippy morning, and the perks that go with that.

No doubt the women have to wear layers of jerseys where you live...

In March, the British students get the bikinis out while the locals take off one scarf.
    In April the Scandinavians will go sunbathing in the parks, the French might forgo the gloves.
    In May they all go back home to finish their third-year projects and then, only then, will there be t-shirts for the hardiest demoiselles, most of whom will wait for late June to venture outside scantily dressed for five minutes to get an instant suntan.

Is "tit Monday" a thing down here, or is that just a northern thing?
    "Ah, Tit Monday. It's not that far off now...

That glorious day when, heading into work on the bus, or walking to the tube, or sitting on the train, you find yourself suddenly chirpier than you have been in months. You find yourself smiling at strangers again. There is a mild involuntary tumescence in your trousers that comes and goes throughout the morning with the comforting regularity of a heartbeat.

And then you get a text around lunchtime from a mate which says: "At last, Tit Monday!" And you instantly understand why you are so happy. For Tit Monday is that special day in the year when, for the first time, the temperature rises above that magical point which causes girls getting dressed in the morning to decide to show a bit of skin.

After months of dull colours and chunky knit, the world's birds suddenly dive into last summer's wardrobe (they've not had chance to buy this season's stuff) and chuck it on without a thought. Your urban landscape is suddenly lightened with acres of naked arm and leg and, after many dark months of burrowing, breasts rising to the surface like moles at dusk.

Big breasts in white work shirts straining at the buttons. Small breasts braless in vest tops, the nipples frotted by ribby fabrics. Breasts in summer dresses bouncing in the distance so that they catch your eye before you even notice there is someone wearing them. Breasts nudging out from the crowd at traffic islands, quivering to cross the road...

And you know it is nearly summer. For previous generations, the arrival of spring was heralded by the sound of the first cuckoo. For us, it is Tit Monday.

Not that it always falls on a Monday. Like Easter, Tit Monday is a moveable feast. Last year it fell on a Friday. Friday 29 April, to be precise, when temperatures maxed out at 22.1C after nothing much above 16C all year. It last fell on a Monday in 2004, when temperatures leapt to 22C on 24 April.

And then, of course, there is Tit Monday Night. You see, in early summer, temperatures drop off very dramatically when night falls (Tit Friday 2005 dropped away to a parky 11.8C). But the dollies are not prepared. Slightly stunned by the morning heat, they drag out the summer clothes but forget to bring a cardie (a mistake they will not make again until next year), so that when they're all standing outside All Bar One after work celebrating the arrival of spring, their barely covered nipples have no protection from the cold. It's like a Bring-and-Buy sale where everyone has brought hat pegs. It's like a prog-rock gig where, instead of lighters, everyone is holding up nipples.

So when will Tit Monday fall this year? Will you be the first to text your mates with the announcement? Do not shoot your bolt too early. There will be false starts. You will smell fresh cut grass and see a couple of early starters and feel compelled to declare Tit Monday. But your more level-headed friends will tell you to hold your horses, keep your powder dry, don't fire until you see the whites of their bra straps.

As the poet said: one bold Northern slapper in a bikini doth not a summer make."

:pac:

Is "tit Monday" a thing down here :pac:

It is.

Here's the link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=406

• Advertisement

Carl Frampton and Barry McGuigan on the late late tonight - both of them are surprisingly decent looking for boxers. Faces aren't mangled at all!

I absolutely killed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I absolutely killed!

Ha, fair play! Glad to hear.

Or is killed a comedian lingo word for being ****e?

.ak wrote: »
    Ha, fair play! Glad to hear.

Or is killed a comedian lingo word for being ****e?

I feel like how black america must have felt when Obama was elected in 2008.

Relieved, Empowered, Bullet proof, proud.

I feel like how black america must have felt when Obama was elected in 2008.

Relieved, Empowered, Bullet proof, proud.

Ah.

... So it went bad then?

Sorry, I'm drunk. It went well.

I know. That was my attempt at comedy. :(

I absolutely killed!

Podcast proof please.

No idea how this guy got back up on his feet after such a brutal assault!
    https://t.co/fVs4H2Cdg2

• Advertisement

No idea how this guy got back up on his feet after such a brutal assault!
    https://t.co/fVs4H2Cdg2

Try this on for size.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement