Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you drop back to pass on the day

• 27-05-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Just wondering, I re-did my points and i can easily afford to drop history down to pass and it will make the exam easier to do well in rather than higher, but i submitted the project as higher, will that make a difference or will the project just be dropped back to a pass marking scheme if i do the pass paper?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I'm not entirely sure how it works with marking of the project but there were people in my year who dropped to pass having submitted an honours project.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Not 100% certain but pretty sure that will be fine, the marking scheme for projects will be readjusted, similar to the orals for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Aren't the projects put into the envelopes along with your exam on the day so I would imagine that it would be graded on the ordinary level scheme if it's submitted with an ordinary level paper.

I don't teach history so I don't know if there is a different format for a higher level or an ordinary level project.

Advertisement