Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Higher Irish 2014 - Before and after discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

Would it be risky not to learn the dramatic techniques for an triail? Everyone seems so certain about it coming up??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 b3rnade11e

Would it be risky not to learn the dramatic techniques for an triail? Everyone seems so certain about it coming up??

I wouldn't be certain.But better know them because you cant make them up so easily :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kates339

I hope to god duine oga is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Catwoman101

Anyone doing A Thig Na Tit Orm? If so, what are ye learning for it.

b3rnade11e wrote: »
    I wouldn't be certain.But better know them because you cant make them up so easily :P

They really shouldn't have irish paper two and biology the same day, my head will explode tomorrow night! Thank you :)

• Advertisement

Any one else learn a sport essay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

kates339 wrote: »
    Any one else learn a sport essay?

I did :)

They really shouldn't have irish paper two and biology the same day, my head will explode tomorrow night! Thank you :)

I agree with that,! So much to do for biology :(
    I did :)
    Have you learned many other ones? I have only learned that and duine oga!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

kates339 wrote: »
    Have you learned many other ones? I have only learned that and duine oga!

I have learned problems of young people, the media, irish and sport :)

I am in the same boat as you,it will be such long two days :(

• Advertisement

b3rnade11e wrote: »
    I am in the same boat as you,it will be such long two days :(

Praying for géibheann and a nice paper to get us through <3

Mean cumarsaide or gaeilge for tomorrow and ill be one happy duck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 swimmom

For the leamhthuiscint questions 6 b can anyone give me the types of piece e.g stairiuil etc AND some characteristics of those types please? Teacher didnt cover!!! :(

I have a feeling the prós will be cáca milis/an coilear lasa (always a choice between them two) if its cáca milis then I think the fillíocht will be colscaradh, however if dís comes up I think it will be with an spailpin fánach. Essay I think it will be something like "Rudaí a théann I bhfeidhm ar saol an déagóra." I can't predict anything for an trial because I do Gafa, but to anyone who does Gafa, my guess would be something on Breandán or Eoin because Eithne has come up the past two years

Also gafa, what slant would you think they would take with Eoin. Brendan is easy cos he's a b****x :)

ita1995 wrote: »
    Goes any one think an Essay on Religion will come up? would it be very riscky to just learn that and gaeilge?

and what do people think will come up in Gafa?

at thins point im just looking to pass i feel my oral went well and if i get a desent essay i feel like i will pass...

Probably Brendan or Eoin in gafa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Is anyone else euphoric after that

The listening was so easy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

Wow that was brilliant :o wasn't planning on counting Irish but that was a sexual paper! Wtf was the listening though that was far too easy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Wow that was brilliant :o wasn't planning on counting Irish but that was a sexual paper! Wtf was the listening though that was far too easy :pac:

Same I was even having doubts about doing higher level this morning and now I think I could get a high C

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭TooMuchStudy

Thank you kind soul whoever made this paper <3

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

Great to hear the paper was doable, some years those listenings were impossible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

yoyojc wrote: »
    Great to hear the paper was doable, some years those listenings were impossible!

It was so slow! Our mock I got like 42% in the listening but I definitely got more than 90% there, crazy.

Essays were glorious too, only problem I had was deciding which one to do :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Holy crap that was majestic <3<3

Only I realized after reading over my aural paper that I answered a q wrong, the opening times for the first section, but ah well :pac:

Did the young people essay, as I'm sure half the country did :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭RAnderson1995

I LOVE the men/women who wrote this irish paper so far! That listening was beautiful, so easy and the essays, oh my god, so broad and so much to write about, love love love. Bring on paper 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jones82

I really suck at the listening, I've never got over 50%, got 29/60 in the mocks but ****ing hell that was so easy.. Pretty sure I got every answer

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciaratabb1

How long were all yere essays ?

Did the essay about "Things that are important in my life", sure you can write about everything under a heading like that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm worried about whatever trick the SEC are playing with that listening exam... :o

I did the bochtanas essay, think im the only one in my room who didn't do young people, except another girl who did the gaeilge oraid :P

Ciaratabb1 wrote: »

I usually write about 3, but i wrote 4 and a bit today because the titles were just so nice i could write about so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Ciaratabb1 wrote: »

611 words.

What is the correct translation for that essay about younger years.

• Advertisement

Aspiring wrote: »
    611 words.

What is the correct translation for that essay about younger years.

something like, the young years are the best years of you life!

Advertisement