Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privatising the City Buses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Any time I used Kenneally's bus it wasn't peak time and traffic wasn't a problem. It's so unreliable that I can see why people use their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

For anyone that knows anyone that maybe concerned about their free travel pass not being accepted on any new service I thought I'd post a reply I got from the NTA on this.

We refer to your email to the National Transport Authority on 24 July 2015 regarding bus services in Waterford City.
    Routes in this area are not being privatised; the Authority will be tendering for the operation of the routes. The Authority will maintain full control over service delivery and standards across all routes, including the use of free travel passes – in exactly the same manner as now applies to Bus Éireann services in Waterford City.

BTW is Kenneallys a 'tendered' service or is it 'really' a private service and not subject to NTA rules.

everything is so complicated these days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

AFAIK Keneallys is a private service, they 'bought' the Ferrybank / BallyGunner route decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It should definitely be used in the case against privatising any other routes. I'm using it 19 years now and it's gotten progressively worse. Yes the traffic may be partly to blame but they need to adapt to that, ie change the route by cutting across the park and down Catherine street and maybe even put an extra bus on the route.
    In all that time I have only ever had issue with one driver and I haven't seen him for some time now so he may have retired because as they said there are new drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Gael23 wrote: »
    It should definitely be used in the case against privatising any other routes. I'm using it 19 years now and it's gotten progressively worse. Yes the traffic may be partly to blame but they need to adapt to that, ie change the route by cutting across the park and down Catherine street and maybe even put an extra bus on the route.
    In all that time I have only ever had issue with one driver and I haven't seen him for some time now so he may have retired because as they said there are new drivers.

Absolutely.

This would help alright.

Was that the bearded guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

[QUOTE=
    Was that the bearded guy?[/QUOTE]
    Yes, older guy.
    Theres plenty of capacity on the route so I think an altered route may work better.

Advertisement