Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App dev's in Cork

Options
  • 27-05-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I posted a thread here last year (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86118972 ) and I have to say I've not followed up on much since then.
    I've been pluging away at this myself for about a year, and I've decided to give it one last bash.

Right now, the app is on version 28 but its looking a bit jaded...
    I'm currently looking to outsource graphics to get the whole site reskinned, but I'm getting pretty pissed off with the process.

Looking forward, I'm hoping to get a marketing person on board and I'm going to be looking to getting a tech person on board also.

I need either a ios or android person (ideally both but at least an expert in one). They also need a to be an expert at web services (currently using openshift) and AWS.

I've done some UX testing on the new UI skin and IA and I think it is really going to be an amazing piece of kit.

I'm looking for a Tech guy to come on board, ideally from Cork, but at a push I'd consider outside. I would rather someone with a history of startups, who is at least partially in a consulting capacity (like myself) and is therefore flexible with their calendar (although I wont rule out the right person in a 9-5). I'm happy to give a fair equity stake to the right person with the right partnership agreement and caveats etc.

The website is closr.com and there is a video there that explains the app, which is available in the play store.
    Any q's gimme a shout, and I also have a thread here looking for a marketing person http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057215359 .

Any serious interest can PM with details and linkedin profile.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Hey deegs, I don't think I can help you out but I have to say your little promo video is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Hey deegs, I don't think I can help you out but I have to say your little promo video is quality.

Thanks, I'm just happy someone replied to this thread :)

I got it off a freelancer site, I wrote the script and text myself, and got the animation completed for a very competitive price. That kinda stuff I dont mind outsourcing, but I really need local expertise.

I can't believe how hard it is to find talented people locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I know the feeling, I've been in similar type situations and getting no replies is kinda crap. I'd love to help but I've got a 9-5 & have some small projects I do in my spare time so I don't have anymore to give out :(

Regarding people, I get the impression there is a lot of very talented developers in Ireland. I'd say the difficulty will be in convincing them to join you and as far as I can see from boards, developers cost a lot.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

All true, thanks :)

Advertisement