Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gynecomastia surgery

• 27-05-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm seriously considering getting this surgery done. I like to think i'm quite fit as i go to the gym regularly. I've trimmed down body fat everywhere expect for around the nipples. It's driving me mad. I wear compression tops anytime i'm out and about.

Has anyone had experience of getting this done in Dublin? I'm aware it's quite expensive but i'm sick to death of being self-conscious about it to be honest.

I'm curious to know if clinics would refuse you if they feel there's not enough to operate on. I've seen some images on the net of people with gynecomastia and mine aren't that big compared. But it's enough to make me self-conscious and would like to get it surgically removed now.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note - we will leave this open for the meantime as a general discussion but please remember that medical advice is not allowed on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

There have been a couple of threads on it including one Here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

http://www.venusmedical.ie/body/male-breast-reduction

I remember Derek Mooney on Radio One ran a feature on it before with the doctor and a patient and searching Google brought the above up which contains a link to said feature.

I hope it helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

What age are you? As you get older this tends to happen, I think for hormonal reasons and it is perfectly natural. Maybe you are the only one who is aware of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karikat123

Hi,

I'm definitely not seeking medical advice. I'm more interested in hearing peoples stories who have had it done. I had a quick look at the search history and found a relatively large thread on it from 5 years ago. It seems a lot of people from that thread who got the procedure done.....went to a clinic in dundrum that isn't in existence anymore.

I'm curious if anyone in the last couple of years might have got it done.

Thanks for the link on venus medical. i'll check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ragnarl

You're probably better off going to a surgeon who specializes in this stuff. Look into other options in Europe. It's quite cheap and you can get it done by reputable surgeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chrhelp124

Paulownia wrote: »
    What age are you? As you get older this tends to happen, I think for hormonal reasons and it is perfectly natural. Maybe you are the only one who is aware of it

I'm 14 and I have gynecomastia,it's embarrassing,and i lack self confidence,I never take off my shirt even in front of my family,I'm just wondering that since I have a hse medical card,how long would I have to wait on a waiting list?and would I have to pay in a private clinic example Dundrum clinic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Chrhelp124 wrote: »
    I'm 14 and I have gynecomastia,it's embarrassing,and i lack self confidence,I never take off my shirt even in front of my family,I'm just wondering that since I have a hse medical card,how long would I have to wait on a waiting list?and would I have to pay in a private clinic example Dundrum clinic!

You poor fellow, sorry to hear that, at 14 you should not have this concern, life is hard enough being a teenager. At your age you may find that if you lose weight they will disappear, don't consider surgery but next time you visit your GP ask them about it and see what they think. It won't be the first time they have been asked.

Advertisement