Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running route near Ritz Carlton Powerscourt??

• 27-05-2014 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭

A friend asked me to suggest a route of approx 10k starting and finishing at the Ritz Carlton. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Kind of spoilt for choice. They could simply run around the paths and trails in Powerscourt, down by the waterfall etc. Head to Djouce Wood and run around the forest trails. Head To Enniskerry and run around Knocksink Wood. Crone Wood and follow the Wicklow Way. Endless possibilities. All remarkable runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

aero2k wrote: »
    A friend asked me to suggest a route of approx 10k starting and finishing at the Ritz Carlton. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

It's probably 1k to the entrance from the Ritz, so that leaves and 8k loop to find.
    Depending on what time of day the roads around there can be quite dangerous.
    I would come out of the estate, head left, left again, through the cross roads and up the hill a bit and her would find the entrance to Knocksink Woods, guessing about 1.5 miles.
    There's a short lap in there that he could do 3 of and then return, or run out and back along the river if it's still accessible (many moons since I've been there).

There's also a loop around the grounds 7k that was used for a race, but it is dependant on some gates being open: http://www.mapmyrun.com/ie/bray-l/be-active-get-fit-for-cancer-support-7k-route-30538658

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭aero2k

Kind of spoilt for choice. They could simply run around the paths and trails in Powerscourt, down by the waterfall etc. Head to Djouce Wood and run around the forest trails. Head To Enniskerry and run around Knocksink Wood. Crone Wood and follow the Wicklow Way. Endless possibilities. All remarkable runs.
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    It's probably 1k to the entrance from the Ritz, so that leaves and 8k loop to find.
    Depending on what time of day the roads around there can be quite dangerous.
    I would come out of the estate, head left, left again, through the cross roads and up the hill a bit and her would find the entrance to Knocksink Woods, guessing about 1.5 miles.
    There's a short lap in there that he could do 3 of and then return, or run out and back along the river if it's still accessible (many moons since I've been there).

There's also a loop around the grounds 7k that was used for a race, but it is dependant on some gates being open: http://www.mapmyrun.com/ie/bray-l/be-active-get-fit-for-cancer-support-7k-route-30538658

Cheers lads, I'm even more envious of my friend now!

Advertisement