Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Football (Soccer) in Waterford

Options
  • 27-05-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭

With the football season over and the weather being so nice and having time to kill on certain evenings, I wonder if there is any football league going on in the town over the Summer that it would be possible to join?

I know last year myself and a few lads on this forum set up a weekly 5 a side game that ran pretty successfully through the summer, I don't know if anyone would be up for that again perhaps?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'd be interested in doing something, need to get back in shape!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mmckenna

I'd also be interested in a bit of footy over the Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Cool, I know one of the lads who played in the Boards games last year is also up for it again this year so that takes us to 4 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kingcon28

I'd also be up for it! Moved to Waterford a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I still have the bibs and ball we bought last time Jay (Never even opened) if Ya get this off the ground I'll meet up with Ya and give them too Ya.

I'd play too but not working in town anymore so they'd have to evening games Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I'm definitely up for getting it going again. They were decent games to be fair and we had good numbers until the season started. Maybe it's something we could run during the summer each year if it's not viable during the season.

Any night except Monday for me. Wednesdays are out for the next couple of weeks too but grand after that.

Great stuff lads, I'd say Mondays are the only night that are a bit tough for me but Tuesdays or Wednesdays would suit fine. Any ideas on a location? Kingfisher would be the most obvious choice (indoor or outdoor) but suggestions are completely welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Any night at all suits me but I generally work till about 7 so anytime after that would be great, unless it was a Wednesday or Thursday when I am usually off so anytime at all then

Any night suits me lads

• Advertisement

Ya for work after 7 or even 8 would suit me best too. I'd be delighted if we got it going for the summer, I really enjoyed it last year.

ziedth wrote: »
    Ya for work after 7 or even 8 would suit me best too. I'd be delighted if we got it going for the summer, I really enjoyed it last year.

8pm on any of the nights mentioned would be grand with me. How does Thursday look for everyone? Seems to be a day that suits a lot of us.

I'd miss a few Thursdays over the summer but if that suited everyone I'm happy with that. I'll see can I get a few extra ones off.

I'd miss a few Thursdays over the summer but if that suited everyone I'm happy with that. I'll see can I get a few extra ones off.

Oh I missed that. Nah, back to Tuesdays or Wednesdays so.

Thursday is a little problematic for me but Tuesday or Wednesday at 8 or beyond suits me perfectly.

Wednesday at 8 seems to suit everyone does it?

Wednesday at 8 seems to suit everyone does it?

Well I have something on Wednesday until I head off on holidays so probably wouldn't be able to play until the start of July. I could possibly skip it once or twice though and Wednesday would be better in general rather than playing Monday and then again Tuesday.

Any evening suits me...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ToadPole

Batman's in!!

Wed at 8 suits me!

• Advertisement

Just to get this moving a bit, if we all agree Wednesday at 8 is the most ideal time then the next question is venue, namely indoor or outdoor? I'm guessing we will be targeting Kingfisher as the venue again?

Just to get this moving a bit, if we all agree Wednesday at 8 is the most ideal time then the next question is venue, namely indoor or outdoor? I'm guessing we will be targeting Kingfisher as the venue again?

Kingfisher's always a good choice as the setup gives the option of shortening or lengthening the pitch, depending on numbers.

I'd also have thought outdoor seeing as it's summer.

I'll second what Niall said, outdoor given the time of the year.I have a stag next weekend so 3 days on the sauce might not be the best preparation I'd be definitely on for the following week though

I'm in Dublin this week and have a stag this weekend but I could give next Wednesday a go if we had enough people interested.

Yea outdoor would be best I think as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

would be interested in doing this again and cud bring 1 or 2 if needbe to bring the numbers up a bit

Ok so outdoor on the astro in Kingfisher next Wednesday at 8 seems to be the popular vote. I will contact Kingfisher to see if it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The Aul Switcharoo

In

Monday, wednesday or thursday is good

I played on the boardsie team a couple of years ago albeit under a different username

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Just saw this now.

Won't be around to play (played a couple of games last year)

Wednesday at 8 next week won't be available in the Kingfisher as the Floodlit League has matches that night.

They have an 11-a-side league and two 7-a-side leagues out there so not always that much availability.

Worth giving them a buzz though and seeing if they have anything that suits.

Haven't played out there but I hear Johnville have a nice astro turf, if you can't get the Kingfisher

• Advertisement

lassykk wrote: »
    Just saw this now.

Won't be around to play (played a couple of games last year)

Wednesday at 8 next week won't be available in the Kingfisher as the Floodlit League has matches that night.

They have an 11-a-side league and two 7-a-side leagues out there so not always that much availability.

Worth giving them a buzz though and seeing if they have anything that suits.

Haven't played out there but I hear Johnville have a nice astro turf, if you can't get the Kingfisher

That's what I was worried about, it's a shame that astro turfs in a relatively central area aren't plentiful. If anyone has decent astro turf ideas please suggest them here.

Advertisement