Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Football (Soccer) in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The one down by Ozier is good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

kryogen wrote: »
    The one down by Ozier is good

Villa, is it?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Villa, is it?

Thats the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Does anybody have any contacts in Villa or know how much the astro is for an hour?

Ill ask one of the guys who used to run it for us and see what he says

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

I'd be very interested lads. What way are your numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

That's what I was worried about, it's a shame that astro turfs in a relatively central area aren't plentiful. If anyone has decent astro turf ideas please suggest them here.

There is an Astro Turf pitch in Tramore too. Probably too far for some people

There are loads of pitches around town these days. It's just a matter of getting one that suits people. It doesn't matter to me as I drive but where would be best for people? Villa probably isn't a bad shout. We played a few times in the one in the riverwalk apartments last year which wasn't bad and was very cheap.

Got the number of the guy who does the bookings for Villa, can make the enquiries there if ye like

kryogen wrote: »
    Got the number of the guy who does the bookings for Villa, can make the enquiries there if ye like

Ye man that'd be terrific.

• Advertisement

ColdTurkey wrote: »
    I'd be very interested lads. What way are your numbers?

Not looking too shabby at all I think it's fair to say, certainly it should be in the double digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

Just counted 12 there

And one of the lads who played this last year is also up for playing each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭iMac_Hunt

I'd be interested too lads if ye get it up and running. Monday is the only evening I'm not available.

Numbers look good, it's just a matter of finding a location at the moment. I don't know how the Villa inquiries went but, Villa and Kingfisher aside, I'm struggling to think of too many more central astro turfs.

Sorry, been busy all weekend with work so didn't get a chance to ring the guy from Villa yet. Will do that in the morning and report back

Does anybody know how much the astro in Hibs or Bohs would cost for an hour?

Does anybody know how much the astro in Hibs or Bohs would cost for an hour?

No but I can't imagine anywhere is more than €50 an hour.

The only problem is proving to be getting into contact with any of the clubs in the town as I haven't a clue who to contact in order to book the astro with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mmckenna

Hi, I found this on the Waterford Sports Partnership website in the Club Contact Section > Soccer

Hibernian's Football Club
    Mr. John Keegan
    19 Shorewood,
    Ballnakill Downs,
    Waterford
    051 855461

Bohemians Football Club
    Mr. Seamus O'Mahoney
    28 Fiodh Mor,
    Abbeylands,
    Ferrybank,
    Waterford
    086 8797649

• Advertisement

As an alternative, purely because I know people at the club and already know the rate for an hour (€50) would anyone fancy the Ferrybank AFC astro?

That would be fine with me anyway...

It's a bit of a spin but it's alright for me. But I'm sure we can get somewhere more central. What about The Riverwalk where we played before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

riverwalk is maxed out over 5 aside!

bohs and villa will both have time slots available im sure if contacted

if not theirs hibs butlerstown center has a good astro turf aswell

will keep an eye on thread and try see what craic is with hibs know a few lads playin ball there

da6xsi wrote: »
    riverwalk is maxed out over 5 aside!

Really? Is there a league running down there or something? There was never anyone there this time last year.

I think the plan had been to start tomorrow but at the moment I'd say that looks unlikely given that we haven't got a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kenzy9

Hey guys. New here. I'll play if ye get a venue :-)

Ok so I've booked the Ferrybank astro from 8-9 tomorrow. I know it isn't ideal for everyone but I figure for the first week it will be grand just to get us up and running and we can talk about where we can go long term. So I will begin the list, which we used last year. If you can make it please put your name on the list so we can get an idea of numbers.

1. Andersonisgod

Ok so I've booked the Ferrybank astro from 8-9 tomorrow. I know it isn't ideal for everyone but I figure for the first week it will be grand just to get us up and running and we can talk about where we can go long term. So I will begin the list, which we used last year. If you can make it please put your name on the list so we can get an idea of numbers.

1. Andersonisgod
    2. mmckenna

• Advertisement

As I said last week I can't play tonight so next week will be my first week.

Advertisement