Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Football (Soccer) in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

Nice one lads I'll be down. Is it the astro next to the pitch behind the closed down shopping centre?

1. Andersonisgod

2. mmckenna

3. ColdTurkey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

ColdTurkey wrote: »
    Nice one lads I'll be down. Is it the astro next to the pitch behind the closed down shopping centre?

1. Andersonisgod

2. mmckenna

3. ColdTurkey

Yes that's it exactly.

If anyone has any friends or anything looking for a game please bring them as we need numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I won't make it tonight. I should be able to make it most other weeks.

I might be able to get a couple more to play tonight too, if we can get at least 10 that'd be brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DanBatista72

4. DanBatista72

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 ToadPole

1. Andersonisgod

2. mmckenna

3. ColdTurkey

4. DanBatista72

5. Batman

What time - 8.00 or 9.00? Have long time to walk there - don`t want to be there early/late

It's at 8 o clock mate.

K, Thanks - see you there :P

Just keep an eye on this man before you leave, at the moment we have 6, tbh we need 10 to get this to happen tonight so I'm kinda hoping we can pick up a few players in the next hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kenzy9

I'm in.. 6 is it?

• Advertisement

Kenzy9 wrote: »
    I'm in.. 6 is it?

It's on at 8 o clock in Ferrybank astro, at the moment we have 6, with yourself included we have 7. I'm gonna keep looking for players so that we have 10.

If anyone has any friends who they want to bring along feel free to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kenzy9

It's on at 8 o clock in Ferrybank astro, at the moment we have 6, with yourself included we have 7. I'm gonna keep looking for players so that we have 10.

If anyone has any friends who they want to bring along feel free to :pac:

Cool I'll be there

Kenzy9 wrote: »
    Cool I'll be there

Very good man, see you there.

Well. Are we on?

Ye, we have 10 players overall though the average age is a bit younger than originally expected.

Great job see you there

By the way if anyone could bring a football to act as a spare that'd be handy.

Big thanks to the lads who made it over for the game this evening. I really enjoyed it, a few cracking goals and Batman successfully transferred his goalkeeping skills from the indoor hall to the astro turf. I know we had to make up the numbers a bit with a couple of the youth players but still I'm glad we got a game in.

Next week I think we should have a few more Boards regulars at the game and hopefully it will be organised ahead of time, we may even have bibs and a football if I can track down Ziedth. I think the Ferrybank astro is excellent and ideal for 6 or 7 a side but the problem is that it is a bit far for some people to travel but we have a bit of time to sort out a different venue if needs be.

Anyway thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'm due to get a number for the lads that run the Villa astro if kryo (or whoever that was) hasn't been onto them yet.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I'm due to get a number for the lads that run the Villa astro if kryo (or whoever that was) hasn't been onto them yet.

That'd be brilliant mate.

• Advertisement

So does anyone know what the story is with this week? Possibly Wednesday isn't the best day with a decent World Cup lineup on in the evening and given that it's now Monday night. Would anyone be up for a game Thursday evening, at 7 o clock or 8 if that suits better?

I can do tomorrow or wed lads. Out for thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mmckenna

So does anyone know what the story is with this week? Possibly Wednesday isn't the best day with a decent World Cup lineup on in the evening and given that it's now Monday night. Would anyone be up for a game Thursday evening, at 7 o clock or 8 if that suits better?

Any of those evenings should be ok with me

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kingcon28

I'd be up for Thursday

Ok so with the World Cup and stuff it didn't really get off the ground last week. I know Ferrybank isn't the ideal venue because of location but I've heard nothing back on Villa and I've been told by the lads at Ferrybank that the 8 o clock spot on Wednesday night is free if I want it. So if we can get a few numbers together here for a game this Wednesday in Ferrybank we can go ahead. So I'll get the list rolling.

1. Andersonisgod (+1)
    2. Gil (played the weekly games last year with us)

Ok so with the World Cup and stuff it didn't really get off the ground last week. I know Ferrybank isn't the ideal venue because of location but I've heard nothing back on Villa and I've been told by the lads at Ferrybank that the 8 o clock spot on Wednesday night is free if I want it. So if we can get a few numbers together here for a game this Wednesday in Ferrybank we can go ahead. So I'll get the list rolling.

1. Andersonisgod (+1)
    2. Gil (played the weekly games last year with us)
    3. Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mmckenna

ToadPole wrote: »
    3. Batman

4. mmckenna

5. ColdTurkey

Ok so my plus one has a plus one, basically we need 3 more people for this to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ydna

Hey I played a few games last year so can play tonight I have another guy who can play also so that's 2 extra
    Andy

Advertisement