Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube IE slow

Options
  • 27-05-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Not sure if it's Flash related, or what's going on, but when I look at HD videos on Youtube (the IE variant) the last few weeks, it randomly gets blocky and then clears and quite often stops to buffer halfway through. I had this issue before when I was using a proxy, but I'm not using one at the moment.

I'd like to try and get to the generic Youtube.com to see if it's my PC, but obviously I'm being geo-targetted to always load the IE variant. Maybe there's no difference, and there's something wrong with my PC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

Well, without knowing more about whats running on your PC at the moment or its spec, I cant offer much help, but one thing you can do is right click on a video on YouTube and select "Settings". Click the icon of the yellow folder, and move the slider bar all the way to the right so that the site can buffer the whole video to your PC temporarily instead of only using RAM.

Give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Well, without knowing more about whats running on your PC at the moment or its spec, I cant offer much help, but one thing you can do is right click on a video on YouTube and select "Settings". Click the icon of the yellow folder, and move the slider bar all the way to the right so that the site can buffer the whole video to your PC temporarily instead of only using RAM.

Give that a go.

Hi superelliptic, I completely forgot I'd posted this. I've just tried your tip and it looks like a winner, thanks so much. It would explain why some of the older vids appeared to work ok, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

corblimey wrote: »
    Hi superelliptic, I completely forgot I'd posted this. I've just tried your tip and it looks like a winner, thanks so much. It would explain why some of the older vids appeared to work ok, too.

No worries, enjoy!

Advertisement