Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 cursor problem

• 27-05-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Recently I bought a brand new laptop (Packard Bell EasyNote TE69KB series), and ever since it is breaking my heart the way the cursor jumps all over the place! Its OS is Windows 8, by the way. Even typing this, I had to stop after the cursor went off again - mid-word - and I had to position it where I wanted to type - exasperating!). I could be typing an email, and in mid-word the email will send...(the cursor, without me knowing, will have positioned itself over the send tab, and when I then hit my next letter key...it will send!). I might be playing a game, say online pool, and all of a sudden a new webpage from my favourites opens, getting rid of the game page.

Please, somebody - anybody - help me to fix this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,672 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

age old new laptop problems:

9/10 times, the user's palm is contacting the touchpad during typing, causing the pad to register a click.

Manufacturers handle this many different ways: some models simply 'sleep' the pad input while the keyboard is being actively used. Most have a disable toggle.

On HPs, this is most frequently noted in the top left corner of the trackpad by a subtle icon. Double-tap the icon and the trackpad will toggle in functionality. In most other cases, it is a function command on the function bar (the F-keys, F1 through F12), where you should see an icon for a square or icon representing the trackpad with an X on it. This will disable the trackpad so you can type. (some models have similar looking functions that disable the screen backlight, for projecting movies over HDMI - if your screen goes black dont be alarmed, just press the same button again and look for the other one that controls the trackpad).

Advertisement