Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

Murray007 wrote: »
    What an idiotic thing to say - if you are not interested in good customer service when travelling then avoid threads that are talking about customer service when travelling.

Boards.ie - now we are talking but only about the things DON KEDICK feels we should be talking about.

I suggest you contribute to a thread about the homeless and that particular sad incident that you mention.

Talk about whatever you want but is it really that big of a deal? You go on 3 foreign holidays a year, you live in a big house, you have a big car, being moved from one place to another in an airport is really trivial stuff compared to what many are going through in this country. How about you take a chill pill, you have it easy.

It suits me fine that for whatever reason so many people still like to queue up, means I can ignore the signs about the gate closing and enjoy reading and something to drink and be able to see how long I actually have to get on the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

Don Kedick wrote: »
    Talk about whatever you want but is it really that big of a deal? You go on 3 foreign holidays a year, you live in a big house, you have a big car, being moved from one place to another in an airport is really trivial stuff compared to what many are going through in this country. How about you take a chill pill, you have it easy.

I live in a small house, don't own a car but have a really nice bicycle, I have a dog, a cat ..... :cool:

Hold on this is starting to sound like a dating site - what is the relevant of all this sh*ite to a thread about customer service on Ryanair. Over and out DonKe dick!

I live in a small house, don't own a car but have a really nice bicycle, I have a dog, a cat ..... :cool:

Hold on this is starting to sound like a dating site - what is the relevant of all this sh*ite to a thread about customer service on Ryanair. Over and out DonKe dick!

How do you know that it's sounding like a dating site? Cheating on your husband are you? :D Over and under MurrayBond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

K.Flyer wrote: »
    But it is the responsibility of the Ryan Air staff to use them correctly. Read the part when the first bag was moved forward the second bags weight was correctly registered.

I'm still trying to get my head around the physics of that. Moving it slightly forward drops the weight by 10 kilos - nearly 50%?? Unless they moved part of the weight onto a second scales.
    You've just been very lucky.
    I have had great and lousy experiences flying R.A.
    They may have rules, as well most people will know, but, as has been well documented, some of them don't have manners.

Myabe so, but in the case of this post, I've seen cases where people have given up to the stereotype before they've even gotten to the desk and are just looking fro an argument.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Myabe so, but in the case of this post, I've seen cases where people have given up to the stereotype before they've even gotten to the desk and are just looking fro an argument.

Yeah I've never had an issue. One time my boarding pass wouldn't scan in Dublin and I had to go to the other end of the terminal to get Ryanair to print a "proper" one for me. So I'd been split from my mates first thing in the morning hungover, had to go to the far end, was worried they'd try to charge me for the re-print and when I got to the desk there was one person ahead of me, I went up, 30 seconds later and a smile I was done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I'm still trying to get my head around the physics of that. Moving it slightly forward drops the weight by 10 kilos - nearly 50%?? Unless they moved part of the weight onto a second scales.

it isn't that difficult....the first case is still partly on the scale, therefore moving it forward moves it off the scale

there would be a very obvious difference in lifting a bag that was 12kg and one that was 22 kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,262 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

This is an awful opinion in society. "it doesn't matter because there is people out there poor and dying". So we shouldn't care about anything else and let people scam you left right and centre? If you pay for something, you should get the service. If you pay for a 15kg bag, you shouldn't have to pay extra because the scales were not right.

Although I think ryanair is a great Airline, some staff do have an attitude. Just dont fall for their tricks.

Other people previously on boards.ie complain of being charged €70 for not printing their boarding pass or forgetting to check-in online. Its pretty clear that this is what your meant to do, read the rules and you will be fine.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    This is an awful opinion in society. "it doesn't matter because there is people out there poor and dying". So we shouldn't care about anything else and let people scam you left right and centre? If you pay for something, you should get the service. If you pay for a 15kg bag, you shouldn't have to pay extra because the scales were not right.

Although I think ryanair is a great Airline, some staff do have an attitude. Just dont fall for their tricks.

Other people previously on boards.ie complain of being charged €70 for not printing their boarding pass or forgetting to check-in online. Its pretty clear that this is what your meant to do, read the rules and you will be fine.

People like you think being moved a couple of times in an airport is a big deal, people like me think that's a teeny, tiny inconvenience.

People like you think being moved a couple of times in an airport is a big deal, people like me think that's a teeny, tiny inconvenience.

It is certainly annoying. And what about the bags? Have you no opinion on that.

It wouldnt turn me off the airline, but it would turn me off the airport. You do not need to keep changing gates, its completly un-nessisary and it is ill-treatment

• Advertisement

It is certainly annoying. And what about the bags? Have you no opinion on that.

It wouldnt turn me off the airline, but it would turn me off the airport. You do not need to keep changing gates, its completly un-nessisary and it is ill-treatment

It's not annoying, just chilax the cacks. The bag issue got sorted very quickly. It's ok to not complain about every little thing, better for your health too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Jaysus, some people clearly never saw the recession. A lad froze to death the other day and here's you complaining about moving around an airport.

Homeless people have been dying on the streets the whole time for years.

You only mention it now because it was used as a tool in the media.

Do you not find that a bit sad ?

Just in Dublin and Cork alone last year:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/33-homeless-died-in-dublin-and-cork-in-2012-225806.html

It's not annoying, just chilax the cacks. The bag issue got sorted very quickly. It's ok to not complain about every little thing, better for your health too.

But what about the countless people who had to pay for the bags? Chillax to them too?

I enjoy arguing and making points and complaining about things that shouldn't happen.
    Tbh its a pretty stupid thing to tell people to chillax and stop complaining, because alot of people come on here to do that?

Homeless people have been dying on the streets the whole time for years.

You only mention it now because it was used as a tool in the media.

Do you not find that a bit sad ?

Just in Dublin and Cork alone last year:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/33-homeless-died-in-dublin-and-cork-in-2012-225806.html

It's really sad, loads of people are really struggling in this state. Not all of them are homeless but lots aren't far off. Then we have well off people giving out about people on social welfare and calling every poor person a scrounger, at the same time they're swaning off on 3 holidays a year and their only problems are being moved around an airport.

But what about the countless people who had to pay for the bags? Chillax to them too?

I enjoy arguing and making points and complaining about things that shouldn't happen.
    Tbh its a pretty stupid thing to tell people to chillax and stop complaining, because alot of people come on here to do that?

She didn't have to pay, it got sorted. She's complaining about nothing. So I'm right to say chilax the cacks.

It's really sad, loads of people are really struggling in this state. Not all of them are homeless but lots aren't far off. Then we have well off people giving out about people on social welfare and calling every poor person a scrounger, at the same time they're swaning off on 3 holidays a year and their only problems are being moved around an airport.

I have plenty of problems, I just don't venture them here.

Homeless people are homeless for a reason, ita easy not to be homeless in this country.

You are derailing the thread with your senseless noninsence.

She didn't have to pay, it got sorted. She's complaining about nothing. So I'm right to say chilax the cacks.

Yet you are complaining about her complaining?

Homeless people are homeless for a reason, ita easy not to be homeless in this country.

That's exactly the attitude I was talking about!

That's exactly the attitude I was talking about!

What is my attitude?

Yet you are complaining about her complaining?

No, I'm telling her and you to chilax the cacks, this is not complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

"ita easy not to be homeless in this country."

"noninsence"

Mmm delicious delicious ironing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No you're not. It;s never okay to use that phrase. Certainly not twice in a row!

What is my attitude?

Snobby, you look down on the poor.

No you're not. It;s never okay to use that phrase. Certainly not twice in a row!

I said it 3 times in a row so relax the chicken. Happy now?

"ita easy not to be homeless in this country."

"noninsence"

Mmm delicious delicious ironing.

The only situation I can think of to become long-term homeless is when you become addicted to drugs/alcohol and you spend all your money on it. In that case there is several places you can go to help yourself. If you cannot afford rent in Dublin city centre then I'm afraid your going to have to go a little bit further outside Dublin. Living away from the city centre is better than living on the streets of it.

Anyways we sucessfully turned the thread completely off topic. Maybe we should start a new thread and continue that discussion?

Snobby, you look down on the poor.

I look down on the poor? I look down on people who will not pay their own way and instead sponge off the welfare system and not even look for a job. I know a lot of "poor" people but you don't see that in a person. Their wealth doesn't mean anything. Its also people with serious addictions and who refuse help. I even slightly admire people who are overcoming an addiction.

I look down on the poor? I look down on people who will not pay their own way and instead sponge off the welfare system and not even look for a job. I know a lot of "poor" people but you don't see that in a person. Their wealth doesn't mean anything. Its also people with serious addictions and who refuse help. I even slightly admire people who are overcoming an addiction.

And you think there's hundreds of thousands sponging off the welfare system. The well off like you don't have a clue what it's really like for people.

Homelessness is usually a symptom of something else.

Alcohol
    Gambling
    Drug Addiction
    Financial Problems

Just to name a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Only slightly...how big of you. Anyone can get hooked, we are all human.

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    Only slightly...how big of you. Anyone can get hooked, we are all human.

Which is exactly the reason I admire them.
    And you think there's hundreds of thousands sponging off the welfare system. The well off like you don't have a clue what it's really like for people.

If a person is genuinely unemployed and is looking for a job even intermittently, then its not sponging. Its the man sitting at home who has never had a job, and just going down to the dole office every week. I understand that there is a high unemployment rate in areas and I'm not saying that they are sponging because they cannot find work.

Who are you to tell me I'm well off? Everything is not dasies and roses for me either. I'm better off than some people but there is several richer people than me.

I had tried not to get into this argument because I realise people have strong opinions on the issue, but its too late now :)

Homelessness is usually a symptom of something else.

Alcohol
    Gambling
    Drug Addiction
    Financial Problems

Just to name a few.

I forgot about gambling.

Financial problems may make you temporarily homeless in most cases, but very rarely long term homeless. Unless of course you borrow off these illegal money lenders. That's a different problem.

Two bags on the belt, the first one weighed 19kgs and the second one 12kgs. When the agent said the second one weighted 22kgs my husband suggested that the scale may be reading some of the weight of the first bag which was still on the belt. The agent dismissed this but when he pushed the first bag on a bit, the second bag weighted in at 12kgs.

Two bags on the belt, the first one weighed 19kgs and the second one 12kgs. When the agent said the second one weighted 22kgs my husband suggested that the scale may be reading some of the weight of the first bag which was still on the belt. The agent dismissed this but when he pushed the first bag on a bit, the second bag weighted in at 12kgs.

Ah .. so there was still two bags on the belt ... WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY THAT :pac:

I also thought you mean the bag leaning forward increased its weight on the scale some how :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

That's cuz they're Shiite and food is rank.

Of all the things to moan about.

The food on most airlines is nothing to write home about.
    Don't eat it then. You're not going to be on a Ryanair flight for anything more than three to four hours.
    If you can't go that long without eating, bring a packed lunch.

As for the airline being shiite - How often did you fly before they were established?

After having managed to avoid Ryanair for nearly 10 years as a result of not wanting to start our family holidays being maltreated, I have recently been tempted back on the promise of their upgraded customer service and this is my experiences.

Family flew to Budapest in Sept. Had three bags checked in, two 20kgs and one 15kgs. On checkin the agent said "well heres the thing, you have only paid for a 15kg for the third bag and its 22kg". Now this is a small bag and we weighted our bags twice, once at home and once on a vacant checkin scales before checking in, both times the bag weight in at 12kgs so we were confident it wasn't overweight.

We said that couldn't be possible and my husband suggested that maybe some of the weight of the bag in front on the scale was being counted also. The agent said "No, its definately over the limit by 7kgs what do you want to do". Husband leans over to push the front bag slightly forward and the agent yells "get away you cannot do that". The bag is now recording 12kgs. No apology, just proceeds with a huffy checkin.

Flying back from Stansted to Dublin on Monday, the line was moved from checkin desk 40 to 42 and back to 40, the Ryanair ladies at the gate then changed the checkin line three times at gate 40 moving us around. Q behind the pillar, in front of the pillar, a suggestion that we should move to the other side of the gate but that was overruled by another Ryanair member of staff and then back to Q behind the pillar. I protested at the last change and said this was the fifth move. Ms Ryanair said you have only moved twice 40 to 42 and back, I explained the five moves and man behind said you are treating us like cattle, Ryanair lady moves the barriers again and huffs off leaving us outside of the barriers again so we move to our final Q behind the pillar. Plane starts taxi off 35 minutes behind schedule.

It will take more than an epiphany on the part of Michael O Leary to train the FCUK YOU out of Ryanair's customer service. These people have been treating customers like this for years.
    Ah .. so there was still two bags on the belt ... WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY THAT :pac:

I also thought you mean the bag leaning forward increased its weight on the scale some how :D

I did say it in my first post..".maybe some of the weight of the bag in front was being counted"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I like them

I did say it in my first post..".maybe some of the weight of the bag in front was being counted"

Wouldn't that be the bag at back, it it was at the front it would be on your side, if its at the back it would be at the check in ladies side no ?

Erra .. never mind .. I was all ready to call weights and measures on your behalf

Wouldn't that be the bag at back, it it was at the front it would be on your side, if its at the back it would be at the check in ladies side no ?

Erra .. never mind .. I was all ready to call weights and measures on your behalf

It was put on the belt first, it was in front in the direction the two bags we're going. :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don Kedick do not post in the thread again

Folks please don't quote him as he cannot respond

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Ah, get you now. Then you simply take the bag off (while pretending to decide what to do) with until the first bag goes back to the conveyator belt, then put the second one on. Tell her you eitehr she was wrong or you took something out. Then carry on as obnoxiously and overly polite as you can (works on all Customer Service Reps - they hate that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I tried out their new business service last week, it cost about 40 euro more than standard, one bag checked in, fast track security, priority boarding, allocated emergency exit seat. Turned out to be a totally stress free flight :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    I tried out their new business service last week, it cost about 40 euro more than standard, one bag checked in, fast track security, priority boarding, allocated emergency exit seat. Turned out to be a totally stress free flight :)

I will try this but only after comparing cost to Aerlingus standard. The risk is again if something does go wrong the old Ryanair training will come into play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Flew with them on my holiday to German about 2 weeks ago.

Got allocated to the emergency seats and landed about 20 minutes early each time!

Found 'em grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

you were probably early cos they landed you somewhere on the belgiun border !..lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

lakesider wrote: »
    you were probably early cos they landed you somewhere on the belgiun border !..lol

We landed at Schönfeld I think, they shuttled us through some tunnels and then boom! Everything was in German! :pac:

Got allocated to the emergency seats and landed about 20 minutes early each time!

Found 'em grand!

The test of customer service is when things start to go wrong.

Found 'em grand!

Schonefeld would have been Berlin alright - it's actually a handy airport (decent transport and times to the city, used by most budget airlines, etc).

They tend to deliberatlye exaggerate the arrival times though. It a trip takes off at 12 and takes 2 hours, they'll post a 2.15 arrival time. Show up at 2.10 and yay! - they're not 10 minutes late, they're 5 minutes early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Schonefeld would have been Berlin alright - it's actually a handy airport (decent transport and times to the city, used by most budget airlines, etc).

They tend to deliberatlye exaggerate the arrival times though. It a trip takes off at 12 and takes 2 hours, they'll post a 2.15 arrival time. Show up at 2.10 and yay! - they're not 10 minutes late, they're 5 minutes early!

The airlines don't set the times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The airlines don't set the times.
    Are you sure?

• Advertisement
Advertisement