Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Mervue like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The people I grew up with all speak fluent Irish because they went to school in Scoil Dara. High majority of them University educated to at least degree level.
    Basically, the only difference between me and someone raised in Taylor's Hill is

So you're from Mervue, yet you and all your mates went across to Renmore to go to school. Ya, that follows.

What proportion of kids from Mervue do that, I wonder?

cytop wrote: »
    ... Ballybane, 'New' Mervue and Glenina are their own areas - nothing to do with the real Mervue, in my opinion... :)

Oh great, so now we have Real Mervue and New Mervue :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 cytop

:) - I've said my piece. I'll go away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sword of light

So you're from Mervue, yet you and all your mates went across to Renmore to go to school. Ya, that follows.

What proportion of kids from Mervue do that, I wonder?

I'm not sure to be honest. I would say a high proportion. The walk from parts of Mervue through the pitches to where Scoil Dara used to be is probably the same as it is to walk to Mervue school. I would imagine it's less of a walk than it is from parts of Renmore to Scoil Chaitríona. So ya, it probably does follow. Yet they're all still from Mervue.

You've gone from saying the place is socially disadvantaged, to saying that it only has the potential to be this- but for the support that's in place (within a few posts)

I would have called this out earlier, but I've been busy melting my plastic Credit Union book into a crack pipe and arranging my next drive-by.

WMD! Got that WMD!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Socially Disadvantaged?? Is that what they call working class nowadays?

Advertisement