Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent advise needed!!!

Options
  • 27-05-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

We are looking for an apartment Dublin South, with 2 bedrooms, next September, our situation is this: my husband works full time, at the moment Im partime, we have our friends coming to live with us, they are a married couple, they come with their son (1 year old) and a small dog. We are worried about how we will find an apartment. Is it too hard to find an apartment that allows pets and kids? Would it be a big issue that our friends wont have any work references? How we can find an apartment that suits our situation? Please we need the advise! Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Dininab wrote: »
    We are looking for an apartment Dublin South, with 2 bedrooms, next September, our situation is this: my husband works full time, at the moment Im partime, we have our friends coming to live with us, from Romania, they are a married couple, they come with their son (1 year old) and a small dog. We are worried about how we will find an apartment. Is it too hard to find an apartment that allows pets and kids? Would it be a big issue that our friends wont have any work references? How we can find an apartment that suits our situation? Please we need the advise! Thank you!

Forget about the pets, it's practically impossible to rent an apartment with pets.

Also a lot of landlords will not want four adults and a child in a 2 bed apartment, it will massively increase wear and tear.

I'd look for an alternative solution if I were you, maybe a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dininab

Stheno wrote: »
    Forget about the pets, it's practically impossible to rent an apartment with pets.

Also a lot of landlords will not want four adults and a child in a 2 bed apartment, it will massively increase wear and tear.

I'd look for an alternative solution if I were you, maybe a house?

Yeah also a House will be good! We were thinking apartments are safer but yeah a house is good also. Thank you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yeah also a House will be good! We were thinking apartments are safer but yeah a house is good also. Thank you.

What is your budget?

You should be searching for a three bed house that accepts pets and children on e.g. daft.ie

I would imagine that if you have references that should be fine

What is your budget?

You should be searching for a three bed house that accepts pets and children on e.g. daft.ie

I would imagine that if you have references that should be fine

We were thinking max 1500. We do have references from our current landlord and our employer. Let me ask you something, is it possible to hire an agency to find us the house? Like you paid them and they look for you?

We were thinking max 1500. We do have references from our current landlord and our employer. Let me ask you something, is it possible to hire an agency to find us the house? Like you paid them and they look for you?

That budget should find you a three bed house but it will still be hard to find somewhere to accept pets.

Agencies here work for landlords, it's not possible to hire someone to do the searching for you, you'll have to do it yourself.

• Advertisement

That budget should find you a three bed house but it will still be hard to find somewhere to accept pets.

Agencies here work for landlords, it's not possible to hire someone to do the searching for you, you'll have to do it yourself.
    Omg, its very complicated... Thanks for your advises! :)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

Hey. I'm starting a job in South Dublin near Loughlinstown in 2 & a half weeks and I'm looking for a house share relatively nearby. I'm probably looking at somewhere nearer Dublin City off the M50...

What kind is the traffic on M50 Southbound from say Dundrum onwards in the mornings?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Blue Magic wrote: »
    What kind is the traffic on M50 Southbound from say Dundrum onwards in the mornings?

Light enough as you are going against the Rush hour flow

21/25

Advertisement