Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed on Chihuahua

• 27-05-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi I need advice on what to do about my dog. She is 11 years old and has arthritis in back legs. I have her 2 years my Mam had her before me for years. She had alot of sugary foods before I got her and her teeth are so bad the 5 she has left. The last 5 days she has been cryin not stop for me to pick her up. But the penny only dropped now that her teeth must be at her. I think it is time for her to go to sleep for good or would it be cruel of me to let her go on. I looked at her teeth this evening and was shocked at her cums and teeth. It looks so sore. Is it ok to pyt her to sleep tomorrow in the vets or wil the vet even put her to sleep or try work getin her better. Dont know what to do please help. I do love my little friend so much but feel the time has come. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Only the vet can answer your questions op. But all things being equal and assuming it's just rotten teeth, there's no reason they can't all be removed and any infection treated. Dogs can live fine with no teeth if fed appropriate, high quality soft food (not supermarket tinned food).
    However, there could be any number of other things going on that only your vet can address.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Disney TT

R
    DBB wrote: »
    Only the vet can answer your questions op. But all things being equal and assuming it's just rotten teeth, there's no reason they can't all be removed and any infection treated. Dogs can live fine with no teeth if fed appropriate, high quality soft food (not supermarket tinned food).
    However, there could be any number of other things going on that only your vet can address.
    Looks like we are off to the vets in a while. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

how did u get on at the vet?

Advertisement