Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Christchurch

Options
  • 27-05-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Many gyms in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Many gyms in the city?

Also interested in this, whats the biggest and best one, ones to avoid, etc? I guess it depends where one stays but I would be looking relatively close to the CBD depending on where I would end up living.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

NZ_2014 wrote: »
    Also interested in this, whats the biggest and best one, ones to avoid, etc? I guess it depends where one stays but I would be looking relatively close to the CBD depending on where I would end up living.

there is plenty of gyms in the city I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shamrock02

there is plenty of gyms in the city I take it?

Depends where in the city your living. As for the CBD, forget about it. Its just a huge building site. I use Anytime 24 hour gym in Riccarton. Not bad, a bit small and can get busy in the evenings but its walking distance for me.
    Every suburb has a gym, it just depends where you can get a house to rent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Couldn't recommend Eastside Barbell enough, cheap, great selection of equipment and the owner Craig is a sound fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Many gyms in the city?

http://bit.ly/1pjatlg

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 daveblinkbass

I go to CityFitness on Moorehouse. Pretty big gym with all the classes (if interested) and Frank's Brothers Crossfit.

Further into the city there's Les Mills, however, I hear people go there to show off!

Anytime fitness on Riccarton Road is good apparently, however, it is always packed between 5-7pm on weekdays according to my friends that go there.

There are cheap places like Snap Fitness on the outskirts of town. I've been hearing recently about 'One More Round' (I think) on Tuam Street. It's a boxing place that has a brilliant gym and everybody that goes there loves the place.

That's all I have for you!!!

Advertisement