Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT Takeover

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

From Meltzer. The second note is both funny and true.
    --The reason Mojo Rawley was used in last night's angle with Alexander Rusev has to do with an angle that will be furthered at tonight's NXT tapings.

--As the story goes, Payback will be a good show because they can't let the developmental show outshine the PPV show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

To be quite honest I can't see how Payback can top NXT Takeover. Takeover was probably a better overall show than Extreme Rules but obv. Shield vs Evolution was better than anything on Takeover and their Payback match will likely top anything on Takeover.

I tend to prefer average to good shows rather than one match cards. Although, Cesaro vs Sheamus could be really good. Besides that and the 6man it's not got that much going for it.

Becky seems to be like Adam Rose's valet than just a Rosebud now:

She has a horrible English accent though.

All the NXT celebrating together along with their trainer Sara Del Rey is cool.

Would absolutely love to see a Natalya vs Becky match. Becky can work a grapple/submission style probably better than some of he men. Fingers crossed it happens.

I wonder could Adam Rose work better as a heel on the main roster? Have is whole party interfere in matches and the like.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Becky is really trying hard to get noticed in a way I quite admire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Who is the squeaky voiced ref in the Zayn/Breeze match?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Adiboo wrote: »
    Who is the squeaky voiced ref in the Zayn/Breeze match?

Dan Engler (or Rudy Charles in TNA):
    rudy-charles-rudy-charles-1-1338165684.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Never really watch NXT but I watched the women's match there and it's definitely the best WWE women's match I can remember. In terms of crowd interest, genuinely caring who won; and what happened in the ring.

I definitely think the main shows can learn a lot from the NXT production. Not just the fact that Natalya and Charlotte were so good wrestling but there is something about the overall vibe that I can't put my finger on that I really liked. Obviously Bret and Ric helped but also the commentary was good and there seemed to be a more relaxed atmosphere in which the match was given a chance to breath.

I also enjoyed the reality tv style interviews before the match. It really helped to build it up. Not sure I'd like to see that all the time but it's definitely something that could be used more often.

NXT is booked in an old-school kinda way like how WWF used to be. Vince and his sitcom writers (re-)learning some fundamentals of wrestling booking is a bit of a lost cause these days.

• Advertisement

A Primal Nut if you watch Smackdown this week they kind of that Sports build for Sheamus vs Barrett.

Also go back and watch NXT Arrival if you have the WWE Network or have access to it viai alternative means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

NXT is booked in an old-school kinda way like how WWF used to be. Vince and his sitcom writers (re-)learning some fundamentals of wrestling booking is a bit of a lost cause these days.

HHH is behind NXT and it really shows. He's a big fan of the old-school style.

Makes me excited for how much RAW will improve when HHH is the de facto guy in WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yeah for all the hate Triple H has got over the years; he's done a great job on his main priorities as Executive Vice Preisdent of talent, creative and live shows - obviously with NXT and the Performance Center; and everyone coming to the main roster now with a purpose and usually an immediate push (Rusev/Rose/Dallas/Paige all spring to mind). Also, according to Meltzer he was the main man in Gorilla instead of Vince for WrestleMania this year and it was the best one in years.

There is also a lot less filler on three hour RAWs these days than even the two hour RAWs; for example you very rarely see ridiculously unfunny skits backstage anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And as I''ve said before, it's so strange hearing the commentators actually call the action and discuss what's going on in the ring.

Another tale of two promotions number in terms how they present Wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And as I''ve said before, it's so strange hearing the commentators actually call the action and discuss what's going on in the ring.

but if they're doing that who's going to tell me about Mountain Dew and the network every 30 seconds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

The women's match impressed me. Charlotte had been looking useless ever since her debut last year but there may be hope for her yet. I'm hoping we'll eventually see a Sasha Banks face turn. That's a woman who deserves the title

Advertisement