Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiren's Boot CD problem

Options
  • 28-05-2014 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

Anyone know why I don't have any programs or utilities when I boot Mini XP on the Hiren's Boot CD?

There is no HBCD icon on the desktop.

If I explore the CD on another machine I can see all the applications in the Programs folder.

Edit: This is happening on a Medion PC. It's not a problem on a Dell Vostro or Optiplex. I have all the programs on these.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

ppshay wrote: »
    Anyone know why I don't have any programs or utilities when I boot Mini XP on the Hiren's Boot CD?

There is no HBCD icon on the desktop.

If I explore the CD on another machine I can see all the applications in the Programs folder.

Edit: This is happening on a Medion PC. It's not a problem on a Dell Vostro or Optiplex. I have all the programs on these.

Dodgy disc drive? Maybe try reburning it on better quality cds at a slower speed. Could also be RAM issues on the Medion, but I reckon it's the drive isn't reading the disc fully

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Firblog

Sometimes mini XP doesn't have the drivers for the CD.. esp for newer machines; so although mini xp has been loaded from the CD, it can't see the CD Drive itself :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

I have an external drive. I'll try that with a new burn at a slower speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

External drive loaded the programs but could not see the hard drive. Somebody said to change the sata connection type in the BIOS but at that stage I just put the drive in another machine.

Advertisement