Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water meters.

Options
  • 28-05-2014 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Straight off the bat. I get why they are putting in the water meters and why they are charging for the water from here on out and that ain't my problem.

I would like to find out what the price is to resurface a road. I am in Athlone Town they did the meters outside our house the there day and now our road is in desperate state and I am worried that I am going to damage my car from it.

Like I said I have no hassle with the meters as long as they do a proper job installing them as now the road needs to be resurfaced and who pays for that.

Kind regards

Killerspec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

It's up to the contractors to leave things as they found them. If you have a problem then contact Irish Water directly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

stimpson wrote: »
    It's up to the contractors to leave things as they found them. If you have a problem then contact Irish Water directly.

It's not Irish Waters' responsibility to fix the roads. They pay the Council to dig it up and therefore, the Council must repair it when all works are done, if they could find the time to even bother their holes. Seen as Athlone is losing its Town Council, I can see that as being a long way down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Itzy wrote: »
    It's not Irish Waters' responsibility to fix the roads. They pay the Council to dig it up and therefore, the Council must repair it when all works are done, if they could find the time to even bother their holes. Seen as Athlone is losing its Town Council, I can see that as being a long way down the road.

They don't. The subcontractors get a licence from the council to do the digging. If they caused the damage then they are liable to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Here's the number for Shareridge 094-9024663. Call them and ask them when they are going to fix your road as they are the one's who dug it up.

I'm not sure if they're actually putting in the meters, they're replacing the distribution pipe network (at least according to the notices they sent out).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Newly elected councillors.
    Plague them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

killaspec wrote: »
    Straight off the bat. I get why they are putting in the water meters and why they are charging for the water from here on out and that ain't my problem.

I don't get it at all apart from the following :

What happens in 2016? General election.

When is Irish Water up for sale to private industry? After 2016.

Do the maths!

Typical politicians, just like the child benefit cuts they will introduce the tax slowly, have it established and then bang. You will pay the full bill, the fat cat politiciand by the 2020 GE will have retired on fat pensions paid for by the hard working taxpayers.

If the charge is €250.00 to each household - that household has to earn an extra €500 to pay that €250.

You're already paying for water supply and water services through your income tax.

Advertisement