Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby insects on potato plants

• 28-05-2014 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi I wonder if there is anyone out there that can advise me. I am growing 'early' potatoes and this morning noticed a small nest of yellowish (baby) insects on one of my plants. I am not sure if they are harmful or harmless to the plant. Any advice??????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I guess a photo would help. Personally I would take the leaf off and chuck it somewhere away from the plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Grindley

Hi Redser, Technology, to my regret, intimidates me, so I don't (at present) know how to sent pictures via the internet. I did though, even before your advice, pluck off the potato leaves (with insects attached) and throw it onto a nettle patch that is growing in a corner of my garden. Many beneficial insects like nettles, so I feel I gave them an even chance. G

Advertisement