Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One direction = One conviction (or two)

Options
  • 28-05-2014 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

You gotta wonder if this was leaked on purpose...
    A boyband needs a bit more than squeaky clean pop hits to sustain themselves past the 4 year mark... Is this 1D's bid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

This won't be good for their business model I'd say, at the same time expecting members of 'boy bands' to maintain a squeaky clean image into their twenties is a bit unrealistic. There's a cut off point when guys singing to crowds of young girls becomes a bit weird. The guy from Mullingar seems to be very good at maintaining the cheeky chappy clean image and I doubt he'll be happy with this being leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lamph

I wonder what kind of repercussions it will have?
    It's only a joint at the end of the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its really not that big a deal, but suddenly it will be made to be the worlds biggest story.

Even my 73yr old mother was telling me how terrible it was today.

I told her I really couldn't give a fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Something does not add up.
    Band member records himself and band mate sparking up along with running commentary and it suddenly ends up in the hands of the media.
    Either he is a complete thicko or its deliberate, not sure which.

Sorry.. I use the the word "Band" in a generic way, apologies to anyone offended by me refering to them as a "Band" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So we are going to have 8yr olds smoking dope now. Disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,372 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Might put the kybosh on any US tour they might have lined up. The homeland security guys are unforgiving to non US citizens taking drugs trying to get in, no matter how 'soft'. Otherwise, cue hoardes of concerned parents recoiling in horror.

The groups success is largely dependent on selling a certain image, the guys need to be seen in a certain light even if it's not the reality. But if people are drawn to candyfloss falseness then that's their deal. It's the same with the media in general and politics, people needing to be seen on a pedestal when it's all just smoke and mirrors. Like the debate about if TD's should have to follow a dress code in the Daíl , I'd rather have the honest guy who looks like Lemmy than the snake in a suit who speaks out both sides of his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Oh my god that f***ing music was torture, anyway, I found this story amusing!! http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/05/28/one-direction-claim-older-boys-made-them-do-it/

Vaxxine wrote: »
    Oh my god that f***ing music was torture, anyway, I found this story amusing!! http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/05/28/one-direction-claim-older-boys-made-them-do-it/

Brilliant, that's a great website

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kate 7

They should have had more sense, than taking a video of it. I think that it is a very bad example to young kids who look up to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement