Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos coming to Ennis 2014/15?

• 28-05-2014 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

Just been told argos is supposed to be moving into John o dywers building in Westgate in next few weeks yet no online news articles about this. Apparently it was advertised on the radio. Anyone got any information on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Ive not heard the latest version of this rumor. There has been speculation about Argos coming to Ennis for the last decade, but if it does happen I think it would be a welcome development. I know many posters here will argue that business's like Argos etc will kill the town but the fact is Ennis is dying and we have none of these so called ''High street'' shops in the town, others will argue the ''doughnut'' effect but again we have no big retailers setting up in outlying retail parks around Ennis. What we do have is people leaving the county going to Galway and Limerick to shop in these high street chain stores because they cant get what they want in Ennis. So if we have companies like Argos etc in town then people might stay and do their shopping in town

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Whoohoo:D

Bout flippin time hopefully this is the real deal and not another rumour - might even be a part-time weekend job for the young fella.

Fed up of beating a path to Limerick every time I spot a bargain alert:p

Now if we only had a new Tesco.....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've added a question mark to the title to reflect the content of the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I never understood why more people don't shop Argos online. I get driving into PC World and the likes because the stuff is on display. You can see it close up and a shop assistant will come out and show you a few features maybe suggest a deal they're doing at the moment. With Argos it's a picture in a magazine, the price is the price and you don't see the physical item until it's paid for. What's the difference in buying a picture in a magazine or a picture on a computer screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

MyKeyG wrote: »
    I never understood why more people don't shop Argos online. I get driving into PC World and the likes because the stuff is on display. You can see it close up and a shop assistant will come out and show you a few features maybe suggest a deal they're doing at the moment. With Argos it's a picture in a magazine, the price is the price and you don't see the physical item until it's paid for. What's the difference in buying a picture in a magazine or a picture on a computer screen?

Because they don't deliver everything.
    Check it out on their website: "Not available for home delivery".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Carry wrote: »
    Because they don't deliver everything.
    Check it out on their website: "Not available for home delivery".
    Ah maybe I've just been lucky. Anybody know why they don't deliver everything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Some items are too small..as far as I'm aware they try for big items.
    Reading their information page says

"Unfortunately it is not possible to give a full list of products that can be delivered to your home or workplace, because this is determined by their weight and size. All large items that require 2 people to carry them are available for home delivery. These include furniture and white goods (e.g. washing machines)."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I order everything I can online. Easier than a trip and no lugging things back home.

Advertisement