Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare DIT help?

Options
  • 28-05-2014 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys, I've been offered a place on a level 7 course doing engineering. I 'm a mature student starting this September. My question is is there support for funding for childcare as my little boy is only 2 and a half so will need a full time creche place. I will be getting BTEA or may stay on Lone Parent..
    Anyone know anything about how I go about finding funding through DIT? Or anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Hey

see this link http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/studentsupport/childcaresupportfund/

doesnt look like the information for 14/15 has been posted yet but can contact the Financial Aid in DIT for the most uptodate info

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NKeegan

you should be able to ask local welfare office for info on funded CE schemed and subvention schemes for help with childcare costs, especially if you are already getting payments from the social. hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fifiyoyo

Thanks guys! :-)

Advertisement