Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beans for Cappuccino

• 28-05-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just bought my first Bean to Cup machine with milk frother Delonghi 15 Bar and am looking for advice on beans to make Cappuccino.

I bought Lavazza Qualita Rossa Beans in Tesco just for convenience - totally underwhelming - weak taste (with machine at strongest setting).

Showing my ignorance here - but do I need as espresso bean to make a cappuccino?

The Ponaire Indian Bean seems to get very favourable reviews on here and the roastery is 5 mins drive from me - would these beans be suitable for a Cappuccino?

Thanks in advance!
    Keith.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, essentially when making a cappuchuno you are making an espresso and adding steamed milk and frothed milk, so an espresso bean is a good place to start.

Can't comment on the Ponaire beans though as I've never tasted them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

In the same boat Keith_d99, but waiting for mine to arrive.

Have been using these guys for the past 15 months and find their beans excellent freshly gound in an aeropress.
    Badger & Dodo: About
    Coffee Mojo | The Art of Roasting Coffee

Might push the boat out and get an espresso starter kit from hasbean though even though postage is a bit expensive.
    Freshly Roasted Coffee Beans from Has Bean Coffee

Defo no comparison with freshly roasted whole beans from a supplier than the whole beans bought in supermarket.

*Just ordered this.. Free postage http://www.bailiescoffee.com/collections/starter-packs/products/espresso-starter-pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Glebee wrote: »
    In the same boat Keith_d99, but waiting for mine to arrive.

Have been using these guys for the past 15 months and find their beans excellent freshly gound in an aeropress.
    Badger & Dodo: About
    Coffee Mojo | The Art of Roasting Coffee

Might push the boat out and get an espresso starter kit from hasbean though even though postage is a bit expensive.
    Freshly Roasted Coffee Beans from Has Bean Coffee

Defo no comparison with freshly roasted whole beans from a supplier than the whole beans bought in supermarket.

*Just ordered this.. Free postage http://www.bailiescoffee.com/collections/starter-packs/products/espresso-starter-pack

Well looks like I finally got the hang of the machine - water setting was far too high!

Will call to Ponaire roastery before the weekend - they might sell a selection of samples.
    Was also tempted by that starter pack that you bought - let us know what you think (of machine and beans)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bailies do a starter espresso pack that's quite cheap, 2 bags of espresso beans, could be worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

When people say these beans are suited for espresso as opposed to filter is it just the type of roast they have gone through as opposed to the type of bean??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Glebee wrote: »
    When people say these beans are suited for espresso as opposed to filter is it just the type of roast they have gone through as opposed to the type of bean??

yes. see here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90470090

Advertisement