Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options
  • 28-05-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

New Battlefield game, seem to be emphasizing the campaign, with Visceral (Dead Space) involved. It's looking at the whole cops vs robbers facet of crime

The video that got leaked is interesting to say the least!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I actually like the look of this.

I like Visceral Games too....This is one to watch for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The word 'Levolution' is used in this trailer. Clearly, things haven't 'levolved' at EA and this will be no different to the train-wreck that was Battlefield 4. Sticking the Visceral Games tag on it doesn't hide the fact that EA's practices still dictate the development of a game. No different to when they put BioWare Victory in charge of the next CnC game, which was in fact a studio made up of EALA - the guys who made CnC4.

I do wonder what awesome new pieces of verbiage will be inducted into the gaming industry this E3. Last year we had 'Levolution' and 'Driveatar'. Hopefully, we can have some more stellar examples of how to abuse the English language! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Do you know what levolution means? Because based on that post it feels like you don't

COYVB wrote: »
    Do you know what levolution means? Because based on that post it feels like you don't

I'm sorry, but it's not really a word. Just a buzzword used to describe a transformational event that occurs in-game when particular actions are taken or a substantial amount of time has passed. E.g. shooting the foundations of a skyscraper with heavy ordinance leads to said skyscraper collapsing. The battlefield has, therefore, been transformed, or as EA like to call it: 'levolved'.

'Levolution': a buzzword/makey-uppy word, kinda like 'synergy', only more retarded.

So, in the context I used it would refer to things not 'levolving' or 'changing' much at EA...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Another boring title that will appeal to the brainless masses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looks good but I'll give it at least a couple of weeks after it's release before I decide on it. There's every chance this could be the same kind of broken mess that BF4 still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The last time we got a Battlefield spin off with an emphasis on the campaign, we got Bad Company which I thoroughly enjoyed, so I'm definitely interested to see how this comes together.

The video itself was clearly designed for internal use only though so I'm going to hold off on any excitement until I see some finalised designs and footage.
    Falthyron wrote: »
    So, in the context I used it would refer to things not 'levolving' or 'changing' much at EA...
    It may be (imo) a cringe inducing buzzword but at least we know what to expect when it's used, especially in the context of a Frostbite-powered first person shooter with what appears to be a strong multiplayer component. Combine that with a cops and robbers mechanic and you have the possibility of some great set pieces across the different game modes.

gizmo wrote: »

The video itself was clearly designed for internal use only though so I'm going to hold off on any excitement until I see some finalised designs and footage.

That's what I was thinking. They keep saying 'Omaha' which makes me think that was the codeword for the project. Unless I missed the complex details about the single player campaign and the location is set in a place called 'Omaha' or the main guy is called 'Omaha'... Too many explosions, couldn't really focus on the unimportant details like, story, characters, or setting. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Navy Seals

when is hardline coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Navy Seals wrote: »
    when is hardline coming out?

pushed until early next year, no concrete date given yet. No bad thing anyway, A) it could do with all the time they can give it, and B) theres Looooaaadds of games out over the next few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Also, this game will be released for xbox 360 and ps3 as well as the new gen consoles and PC. I presumed that BF4 would be the swan song for battlefield on the 360 but now I'm really lookin forward to giving hardline a go.

There will be open betas on all platforms before release so we can all try before we buy. Lookin good that I might not feel any need to upgrade my console for at least another 9 - 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Anyone else reckon they should remove battlefield from the title? It's not really a battlefield, it's cops and robbers ffs, the battlefield brand is just a cash in on the name i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Anyone else reckon they should remove battlefield from the title? It's not really a battlefield, it's cops and robbers ffs, the battlefield brand is just a cash in on the name i reckon

Either that or it should be a DLC or Mod pack for BF4. It does not justify a new game for what it offers imo. It's basically BF4 re-skinned.

Yeah, i played the beta a few months ago and wasnt too impressed with it tbh, totally agree with ye on it being a reskinned BF4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

There's already a thread on this in the Battlefield forum...

heh, he wouldn't talk about premium services at all.

Advertisement