Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am able to pay my mortgage but not the arrears

Options
  • 28-05-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'd been out of work for a long time and was only able to make a token payment towards my mortgage each month. The arrears began mounting up and are now in excess of 30k.

Last January I found myself reemployed and began repaying my mortgage in full each month. However, I am unable to pay the arrears and realise that interest is accuring on the arrears each month and making my situation worse but I have no problem meeting my future mortgage payments going forward.

Should I stop paying my mortgage as the bank have refused to recapitilise the arrears?

Completely unsure of what to do next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Have you gone through the MARP process with them? Have you provided a statement of financial standing (SFS)?

Does the bank have any reason to think you are either living beyond your means or have cash stashed somewhere? If not then its in their interests to offer you some sort of deal, just to clean up their books..

Advertisement