Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a Phone - Nexus 5

Options
  • 28-05-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi,

I picked a phone off the seat of a taxi at about 1am last night thinking it was mine, only to find a while later that I had two phones.

Its a Nexus 5. I've attached a picture of the front screen of it. As you can see its
    sim locked, so anyone who comes to collect it would have to know the pin.

Someone might recognise the guy in the picture.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You should alert the Carraige Office. If the person knows they left it in a taxi, then they will be looking for it from there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You should alert the Carraige Office. If the person knows they left it in a taxi, then they will be looking for it from there.

You can contact the network and tell them. they will contact the user

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

You can contact the network and tell them. they will contact the user

Good point, but if the phone is sim locked what information can I give them? Sim number?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Turn off phone. Open up phone. Remove battery. Some people write their name and address here in case they lose their phone.

Unfortunately, some of the more stupid people also give their contact number, which just so happens to be the phone you have found...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

the_syco wrote: »
    Turn off phone. Open up phone. Remove battery. Some people write their name and address here in case they lose their phone.

Unfortunately, some of the more stupid people also give their contact number, which just so happens to be the phone you have found...

Can't remove the battery or open up an N5,

Maybe leave it on and charge it? Any android charger will do!

Then try carriage office I would say?

The sim is on the side of the phone, you would have to pry it open with a little needle thing, may give you name and number but you risk powering it off at that... ;-(

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Can't remove the battery or open up an N5,

Maybe leave it on and charge it? Any android charger will do!

Then try carriage office I would say?

The sim is on the side of the phone, you would have to pry it open with a little needle thing, may give you name and number but you risk powering it off at that... ;-(

The Carriage Office don't do lost items any more, you have to push it through the guards. But there are 5 different numbers listed, no way of knowing which one is local to the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

its only sim locked, take the sim out and check their emails / facebook

or pull down on the notification bar, that should bypass that lock

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Branding will be on the sim, so you get the correct network.

bmm wrote: »
    Branding will be on the sim, so you get the correct network.

Yeah, its vodafone, so I guess I will just drop it in to a vodafone store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Bubonic wrote: »
    Yeah, its vodafone, so I guess I will just drop it in to a vodafone store.

Vodafone don't do Nexus phones!

They are bought sim free from Google, try get a number out of it from the "people" app...

Pop your own sim in and try it....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Vodafone don't do Nexus phones!

They are bought sim free from Google, try get a number out of it from the "people" app...

Pop your own sim in and try it....

Tried that, it has a software pin on it too.

Plug it into a pc. Check for any files.
    might be a cv or some photos on there.
    if you can find a photo that looks like it was taken at home upload it to a exif data checker and see if you can get a google maps address

http://regex.info/exif.cgi

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

I think that is the best chance, I'll drop in to a store and see if the can read the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭reddevilfan

Bubonic wrote: »
    I think that is the best chance, I'll drop in to a store and see if the can read the sim.

had any look with it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Can you bring up the address book?

I found a new Iphone 5 a few weeks ago...lucky i was able to open the contacts. All the names were foreign but i found a "Mamo", called it and it was the girls mother...20 mins later and i had a huge foreign lady hugging me and babbling to me (think she was happy!!).

Fair play to you OP.

Advertisement