Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing Exam Results 2014

Options
  • 28-05-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi

Just wondering does anyone know what date in June the results for the mature nursing exam come out at?

Thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

As far as I know, they haven't committed to a date, just early June. They came out unannounced on the day after the bank holiday last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Nursing results to be posted on the publicjobs site before COB Fri, June 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blondie3057

HI there just got results off the public jobs website, i passed, anyone else get their scores?

The highest score was 213, lowest was 129, i got 176, i hope it was enough to secure an offer, time will tell, anyone else get theirs????? Wud love to hear, i cant believe out of 1325 that only 873 passed, very tough competition, this is my 3rd time doing it, i passed all other years too but no offer

• Registered Users Posts: 6 southend

Ohhh mine is bad. Oh well, I'll try again for next year. Could have done better but all tests were unfinished when I did it. Practice practice practice with a timer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

is 129 the lowest score that passed or lowest score overall? 123 seems to be the bare minimum to have qualified.

gf didn't pass the job simulation exercise which was as she expected as she ran out of time.

My email just gave highest qualifying score 213 and lowest was 129 then it gave my score, no doubt it is a vert tough aptitude test, i did alot of practice, its my 3rd year sitting it, hard luck to those who didnt give up, but do not give up, try next year and apply for the UK as well, nursing is a lovely profession, i am working as a healthcare assistant since 2006, in large dublin and limerick hospitals and nursing homes, its a very tough career but one of the most rewarding, if u really want it dont give up girls and guys of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marfans

I didn't do well.i want to know.how best to prepare for this exam.pls advice needed am confuse where to go from here.blondie how did u prepare any course to help or book or method.
    Thanks

The highest score was 213, lowest was 129, i got 176, i hope it was enough to secure an offer, time will tell, anyone else get theirs????? Wud love to hear, i cant believe out of 1325 that only 873 passed, very tough competition, this is my 3rd time doing it, i passed all other years too but no offer[/quote

Hope you'll receive an offer from CAO this time. I'll definitely try again. I only practiced 3 weeks before the test. I got 140 points, not getting the qualifying score which I only got 38 points. Numerical, I got 59, and Simulation is 43 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sevg

I passed and had a nice high score and im delighted. First time in 10 years that ive done an aptitude test and I was very nervous. Clearly the brain is still functioning

• Advertisement

I passed and had a nice high score and im delighted. First time in 10 years that ive done an aptitude test and I was very nervous. Clearly the brain is still functioning

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marfans

sevg wrote: »

Pls can u tell me how u prepared for the exam and required materials that helped

marfans wrote: »
    Pls can u tell me how u prepared for the exam and required materials that helped

I didnt really prepare much for it. I googled aptitude tests with answers, read through the tests and then checked the answer sheet to see if mine matched. Most aptitude sites will give you an explanation of how to achieve the answers which helps.

Also on the day of the test if I couldnt figure out how to get an answer to a question straight away I skipped over it and moved onto the next. No point wasting all your time tryin to work out one answer and end up with ones you never had time to answer in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Meirthig

Hi everyone, I got 178, delighted, went for the test 2 years ago very unprepared and failed, was devastated! This year I decided to take the career services course and I can tell everyone that it was the best decision ever. Worth every cent! I applied for all the nursing courses in cork. What about everyone else?

Meirthig wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I got 178, delighted, went for the test 2 years ago very unprepared and failed, was devastated! This year I decided to take the career services course and I can tell everyone that it was the best decision ever. Worth every cent! I applied for all the nursing courses in cork. What about everyone else?

I applied for id nursing in trinity. :) ive been working as a carer in the sector for last 5 years

Girls I attended the career service day for this test, it is the best way to prepare, it costs 150 but its well worth it, its a day long course from 9 to 5, u are provided with lunch, they give tons of material for u to bring home and practice on, they cover every type of question that comes up, i attended it 3 weeks b4 the actual exam, i felt very prepared and confident after it, it was well worth it, go to careerservices.ie click on nursing (mature) and apply to attend any of these courses run all across the country, attend 2 if u have to, they are worth it. They explained the maths questions perfectly, the qualifying score for maths was 39 i got 62!!! This is def down to the day course, never mind books this day course is the best way to prepare i really think so, especially if u found the maths hard, which i have always struggled with

I applied for id nursing in trinity. :) ive been working as a carer in the sector for last 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Meirthig

Good luck, I hope you get it! A colleague of mine failed the verbal. Anybody know when the offers come out?

Good luck, I hope you get it! A colleague of mine failed the verbal. Anybody know when the offers come out?

Pretty sure the email with the results said first round of places is around july 4th. Will double check now

• Advertisement

Pretty sure the email with the results said first round of places is around july 4th. Will double check now

First week of July they're going to offer places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sinewaves

Got 183, hoping for mental health in Trinity - needed 65% and got 76% :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 polly92

I got 151 but I don't think it will be enough to get a place...its a pity they don't post all the results anonymously so we'd know where we stood.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 darkspark10

I got 141 which won't be enough points either not for General Nursing. I have completed Nursing Studies this year and received my results today 10 Distinctions so I am hoping I am in with a chance for Ireland. Its really bad the whole Nursing here they just make it impossible..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hca

Hi, I got 162. I really don't think it's enough to get a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hca

Hi, how did you figure out what percentage you got? And how do you know what percentage you needed for trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 polly92

hopefully you'll get in with your FETAC distinction. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though...I hope I get offered something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pokemon06

sevg wrote: »

hi sevg would you to tell us how much you got. mine is 165 I dont know if its enough. thank you

• Advertisement

pokemon06 wrote: »
    hi sevg would you to tell us how much you got. mine is 165 I dont know if its enough. thank you

Im not going to give my exact score (dont feel like I should have to) but I will say that its between 180 and 200 and im very happy with it

Advertisement